What's new

Has anyone here played Xenogears

Shiryu

先輩
2 Nov 2004
I have could not beat the game. So I wanted to know how it ends and if anyone has any tips they could share with me.

Sadly, I have not beaten it myself, either. I would, however, suggest trying to do so as many friends have told me it really is a sight to behold upon completion. In addition, it gives you some idea what is being talked about when you play Xenosaga, which is a prequel, but still.

Ant

Xenogears is a FANTASTIC game. I've played it and beat it (took me around 60 hrs), and it is currently tied as my #1 favourite game (tied with FF7). I only beat the game last year too, so its not like it was one of the first RPGs I played like FF7 :)

What exact details do you need about the ending? like from after you beat Deus? If you still have the game and a save file just before Deus... i can give a few pointers on defeating him (I barley levelled up for the fight with Deus, he isn't super hard (but still a challenge)).

One game I could never beat is Star Ocean 2. DAMN now THAT is a hard end boss....

Ganbatte kudasai!

Shiryu said:
I have could not beat the game. So I wanted to know how it ends and if anyone has any tips they could share with me.

Well... I suggest you search online for somekind of hints and tips, they're quite handy for references.

But here's a tip, before you go underwater to destroy the underwater gate that protect the capital of Solaris (or was it before you go to the capital of Solaris?), build up a LOT of experience points and skills plus collect a lot of items as much as you can.

Xenogears is like many Japanese R.P.G.s . The secret of continous progress in the game is to build up a lot of experience points, skill, and collect a lot of items. And of course, save a lot in multiple points of the game.

But I think that the most crucial turning point in the game, is when you go underwater to destroy the underwater gate of the capital of Solaris. Since if you didn't manage to acquire enough experiences, skills, and items before you go, things can get pretty difficult afterward, and probably almost impossible to some people.

Things get quite difficult by the time you past that point (going underwater to destroy the underwater gate), since you will have to follow the storyline in chronological order and unable to take a break from the story (your freedom to move around is very limited). By disc 2, the game play as if it's a compilation of stories narrated by some of characters and you are the listener.

Note: Maybe by this stage, they beginning to run out of budget? After all, there are two playable characters in the game that didn't get their Omnigears. But then again, if both girls did manage to get their Omnigears, who needs the other Gears? With Fei's Gear, added with a very agile Omnigear and a very strong Omnigear, who needs the other Gears? Unfortunately Miss curly hair is very lousy in melee combat, I love curly hair girls though. :)

Anyway. This whole linearity in the game continues on till Merkava crashed and Deus decided to assimilate the whole planet.

When that happened, you can now control the Yggdrasil again and allowed to roam the planet on your own again. Of course, when you reached that point, many of the places you previously visited are either destroyed by Deus' angels or abandoned, meaning that they're completely written off the map which make you unable to visit them again.

As for the ending of Xenogears.

Well... I guess to say it would be kinda spoiling thing, but suffice to say that it's a happy ending, there's only one ending, and it took place exactly (around after a few hours?) after you defeated the final end boss (a hint, it's not Deus). There's no epilogue or anything like that (like Final Fantasy VII's 500 years into the future view), unless someone decided to make Episode VI, that probably would be called something like Chu-Chu Wars. If you look at the ending, you will know why I mentioned Chu-Chu's people for a giant battle, Maria would have been a good partner for Chu-Chu, she after all got the goggles and the experiences to do so.

In case you're asking, yes, Fei and Ellie run around naked in the ending. I'm not into seeing people naked, so I just turn the other way when that scene happened.

As for XenoSaga.

Well... The storyline is different, it's kinda like Enterprise. So don't expect for it to match directly with Xenogears.

Though one wonder if Jin Uzuki (Shion Uzuki's big brother) is any relation with Shitan Uzuki, considering that both of them are quite similiar, not to mention has the same voice actor. And then there's ahem..., Nephilim.

Though if it's about the voices, I wonder if Shion would sing karaoke style and Allen to narrate the storyline. If that's so, then shouldn't be Ellie only capable of saying "Pichu"?

@zeroyon: now you got me interested, if it's as good as FFVII then it HAS to be good, gonna try to get hold of this game soon ^^

Back
Top Bottom