What's new

Harry Potter

Buddha Smoker

Finally Enlighted One
8 Dec 2003
Has anybody seen the new Harry Potter movie? Was it good? I'm heading to watch it in about 2 weeks so I'm curious.

My family went to see it(my sister and brother are Potter-lovers) but they said the movie STINKS!!! So I think it isn't that what it should be :?

RockLee said:
My family went to see it(my sister and brother are Potter-lovers) but they said the movie STINKS!!! So I think it isn't that what it should be :?

Really? I'm kind of surprized..It was my favorite book thus far and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie but makes me wonder.

Foxtrot Uniform said:
Personally, I thought the book was eye candy, so the movie must be even worse.

Really? What did you like and dislike in the book? Is there another one that you like better? Just curious...I love hearing opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
www.rottentomatoes.com rates it highly, as do I - this one was far more cohesive as a film (as opposed to just visually rendering the book). I preferred Cuaron's direction, and the book it was based on was also darker (and Radcliffe's favourite, as well).

So BuSmo, I personally recommend it strongly. Saw it last week when it opened earlier over on this side of the Atlantic. :)

nekosasori said:
www.rottentomatoes.com rates it highly, as do I - this one was far more cohesive as a film (as opposed to just visually rendering the book). I preferred Cuaron's direction, and the book it was based on was also darker (and Radcliffe's favourite, as well).

So BuSmo, I personally recommend it strongly. Saw it last week when it opened earlier over on this side of the Atlantic. :)

I plan to watch it no matter what but I'm glad to hear that you liked it. I'll let you know what I think after I watch it. Also, which book is your favorite thus far?

Hmm, well I was disappointed in Cho in book 5 (and of course was upset with the death at the end ;_; ) - probably my favourite so far is the fourth book, although the third comes close.

The whole premise of Harry didn't seem particularly original to me (too Dickensian, really) - until the twist with Neville came about. I also like how realistically adolescent the characters are being portrayed with each book. Of course, the films really have to strip out a lot of the subplot threads in order to fit into a reasonable length, but Cuaron nicely balanced the special effects with character interaction and development, and I've also heard that he picked up on even the unpublished outcomes and hinted at them in the film.

nekosasori said:
Hmm, well I was disappointed in Cho in book 5 (and of course was upset with the death at the end ;_; ) - probably my favourite so far is the fourth book, although the third comes close.

The whole premise of Harry didn't seem particularly original to me (too Dickensian, really) - until the twist with Neville came about. I also like how realistically adolescent the characters are being portrayed with each book. Of course, the films really have to strip out a lot of the subplot threads in order to fit into a reasonable length, but Cuaron nicely balanced the special effects with character interaction and development, and I've also heard that he picked up on even the unpublished outcomes and hinted at them in the film.

Yeah, the third has been my favorite out of the books. The fourth and fifth books were good but nothing like the third in my opinion. The twist with Neville was pretty original too. I was looking forward to more of Sirius and Cho but well you know...there isn't and I don't want to spoil for those that didn't read yet.

"My, my is that you Harry? You've grown a lot since I last saw you..."

Well, I think it was nice. Lots of things have changed. After watching Azkaban, I watched Sorcerer of Stone, Harry and Friends have grewn, their voices changed... Lots of interesting scenes and landscapes... The cinematography and lighting in 3 has a different treatment from 1 and 2. I agree with nekosasori on its cohesiveness. I promised myself to read the books soon... :)

Looks like we're getting a lot of mixed feelings with this one. Ahh..2 more weeks until I can watch it.

Considering rottentomatoes lists 157 positive reviews versus 20 negative ones, the feelings aren't that mixed as far as movie reviewers go. I'm watching the movie right now, and it definitely is better than the first two. Worth seeing. I'd say more, but the hundreds of reviewers do a better job than me, so just head over to rottentomatoes and read the reviews.

splice said:
Considering rottentomatoes lists 157 positive reviews versus 20 negative ones, the feelings aren't that mixed as far as movie reviewers go. I'm watching the movie right now, and it definitely is better than the first two. Worth seeing. I'd say more, but the hundreds of reviewers do a better job than me, so just head over to rottentomatoes and read the reviews.

I was actually referring to this thread thus far but with your figures from rottentomatoes then I'm sure it is good too. 🙂

*scratches head* the sad part is, i've read all the books but haven't seen any of the movies. i didn't like the 5th book too much, the goblet of fire one was my favorite.

Well, I saw the new movie and I have to say that I didn't like and I didn't hate it. I just hope the next one isn't bad but I have a feeling that it is turning into Batman type movies. The first two were excellant but after that is gradually got worse.

Really? I'm kind of surprized..It was my favorite book thus far and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie but makes me wonder.
Isn't it everybody's favorite to tell the truth? Harry Potter was my child hood😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom