What's new

handwritten message in our guestbook

Vladislav

Registered
15 Mar 2017
Hello and thank you for your support!

I work at hotel during the nighttime and i had a really nice japanese girl as a guest, she left us with a message in our guestbook. The problem is that it is all written in kanji. So as a person who enjoyed her company I got really curious what she wrote. Il post the picture of the message that she wrote. Could someone please translate that message to me in full detail? Thank you very much!
17311592_1693409007352285_1261700088_o.jpg

Hello and thank you for your support!

I work at hotel during the nighttime and i had a really nice japanese girl as a guest, she left us with a message in our guestbook. The problem is that it is all written in kanji. So as a person who enjoyed her company I got really curious what she wrote. Il post the picture of the message that she wrote. Could someone please translate that message to me in full detail? Thank you very much!View attachment 24537
"It's a very pretty place, and the service is great, thank you!
Lovely and kind, I was very happy for this one day. I'm sorry for having you carry a 30kg tote case up two flights. I'll come stay again! (cat face) I love Estonia! (heart) "

There's a bit in the middle that I can't make out exactly but it looks like it's her signature in Japanese and she decided to continue writing afterwards, or maybe there were two of them? Although you only mentioned one, and 白井(something)香 could be Shirai Yuuka (among other readings). I can't be sure since I can't read the (something).

"It's a very pretty place, and the service is great, thank you!
Lovely and kind, I was very happy for this one day. I'm sorry for having you carry a 30kg tote case up two flights. I'll come stay again! (cat face) I love Estonia! (heart) "

There's a bit in the middle that I can't make out exactly but it looks like it's her signature in Japanese and she decided to continue writing afterwards, or maybe there were two of them? Although you only mentioned one, and 白井(something)香 could be Shirai Yuuka (among other readings). I can't be sure since I can't read the (something).

Thanks for help! Yes, there where two of them, but i spoke with only one person. Yep Shirai Yuuka is correct!)) thank you very much!

Two bags. Number of flights not mentioned.

さや香
Oops. Obvious in retrospect, I was a little careless there, sorry about that.
Shirai Sayaka then, I suppose?

With clarification on the name and confirmation that there were two, then it's,
"It's a very pretty place, and the service is great, thank you!" -Shirai Sayaka

"Lovely and kind, I was very happy for this one day. I'm sorry for having you carry two 30kg tote cases upstairs. I'll come stay again! (cat face) I love Estonia! (heart) " -Yuuka

I'll admit I had to stare at さや香 a while before it dawned on me what it was.

Hello once more!

I have another piece from my hotel guestbook written by our dear japanese guest.
I would be very thankful for a translation.
Schlössle guestbook.jpg

お部屋もゆっくり出来ました。
きれいで、食事もおいしくて
スタッフの方々ありがとうございました。
またぜひTallin、とこちらに泊まりたいです。
ありがとうございました。
As for the names - they are yet beyond my handwriting deciphering abilities.

The room was "yukkuri" (quite and comfy)
It was clean (or rather neat), the food was delicious.
Staff (plural), thank you.
Definitely would like to visit Tallin and stay here (at this guesthouse) again.
Thank you.
(Some names, a smiley)

And since your name is Vladislav, and you're from Tallin, i suppose it's okay if i give a russian translation as well.

Комната (комнаты) были тихими и уютными.
Чисто (или красиво. きれい означает и то и другое) Еда вкусная.
Спасибо персоналу.
Непременно хотели бы еще раз приехать в Таллин и остановиться здесь (в хостеле или что там у вас)
Спасбо.
Подписи.

Last edited:
The best i could do was 田?鉄? and ?美 :)

I think the one I missed may be 恵, but I'm not confident of that.

The second character of 田邊 is just the old version of 辺. Some people still use the old version for their family names, so it is something that you will actually see around fairly often. Same is true for 澤, the old version of 沢.

憲 (ノリ). The first person is a man, so it won't be 恵.
But perhaps we should not be giving their names. At a minimum, let's avoid writing out their full names here, in kanji or romaji. Can PM to Vladislav if necessary for confirmation, etc.

お部屋もゆっくり出来ました。
きれいで、食事もおいしくて
スタッフの方々ありがとうございました。
またぜひTallin、とこちらに泊まりたいです。
ありがとうございました。
I think your translation (into English anyway) is perfectly fine, but surely it says 'ありがとうございるした' (which I suppose is regional dialect?)
And while the meaning is surely similar to what you wrote, it seems to be '泊まるり???です', which is I suppose more dialect and I'm kind of curious as to what dialect it is and what exactly it reads before adjusting it to standard Japanese.

As for the names, Vlad surely has them already from doing business with them; at least, he was able to confirm the names in a previous post. In any case, guest books are basically public records... anyone can read them, though mostly nobody does beyond the page they are signing. I certainly don't have any expectation of privacy when I sign a guestbook, anyway. (And I have a unique enough name that anyone reading the book who cared would certainly know that it's me, if they cared to check. Still not worried. I write into such books knowing it's a public record, and knowing that it's optional.)

I am a little curious about the correct characters for the names, just for practice with trying to decipher handwriting, but it's not particularly important.

Hnnn. My handwriting reading seems to be lacking. I'll stare at the note again tomorrow but that just doesn't look anything like a ま to me. The one in できました looks fine.

The two cross strokes are done without lifting the pen and the third bit is done without passing through the cross strokes. Looks for all the world like a る, doesn't it?

As for the names, Vlad surely has them already from doing business with them; at least, he was able to confirm the names in a previous post. In any case, guest books are basically public records... anyone can read them, though mostly nobody does beyond the page they are signing. I certainly don't have any expectation of privacy when I sign a guestbook, anyway. (And I have a unique enough name that anyone reading the book who cared would certainly know that it's me, if they cared to check. Still not worried. I write into such books knowing it's a public record, and knowing that it's optional.)

My comment had nothing to do with the guestbook. I was referring to the posting of the names of those guests on an Internet forum that will continue to exist and be search engine-searchable for years to come. That invasion of privacy is in a whole other league from signing a name in a guestbook. While signers of guestbooks might not have a reasonable expectation of privacy, they certainly do not expect their name, destination, and date of their trip to be published on the Internet.
I am a little curious about the correct characters for the names, just for practice with trying to decipher handwriting, but it's not particularly important.

All of that information was given here, across several posts. You just needed to be paying attention.

Back
Top Bottom