What's new

Hajimemashite

shogakusha

Registered
14 Sep 2003
Hajimemashite.
Watashi wa Oscar desu amerikajin desu daigoku wa gakse desu. Doozo yoroshiku.

I hope i said that right. :) I am a 20 year old student at Queens College (for those of you from the NYC area). I enjoy anime(which I just got into), video games, and Japanese Cars. My current favorite anime is Inuyasha :). For as long as I can remember I've always wanted to learn Japanese, and go to Japan (which I hope to do after I graduate College). After going to 2 different colleges (St Johns University and a community college) I transferred to my third and hopefully last college, where I ,to my suprise and delite, learned they offered courses in Japanese Language. So I've been taking lessons for about a week and a half now (6 one hour classes), and I hope to learn a lot. So far I've learned basic introductions and Hiragana. I'm glad I found this forum because I have no one to practice my Japanese with and am hoping I make friends here that I can practice with.

Originally posted by shogakusha
Hajimemashite.
Watashi wa Oscar desu amerikajin desu daigoku wa gakse desu. Doozo yoroshiku.

Welcome, Shogakusha! :) . It looks like you're off to a great start for just 1 1/2 weeks. Enjoy the forum! 😄

And just "Watashi wa Oscar desu. Amerikajin daigakusei desu" is fine .

Re: Re: Hajimemashite

And just "Watashi wa Oscar desu. Amerikajin daigakusei desu" is fine

I didn't learn daigakusei yet, I'm guessing that means college student? Cool, one day on here and I'm already learning something new. 😄 Arigatou Gozaimasu

Konnichiwa Shogakusha-san!

Hi Oscar, welcome and Hajimemashite. Please enjoy the forum and learning Japanese!🙂

NANGI

Re: Re: Re: Hajimemashite

I didn't learn daigakusei yet, I'm guessing that means college student? Cool, one day on here and I'm already learning something new. 😄 Arigatou Gozaimasu
you'll learn many a thing here my friend.
enjoy your stay

Re: Re: Re: Hajimemashite

I didn't learn daigakusei yet, I'm guessing that means college student?
Yeah, the "dai" is this one (窶佚・) meaning large or major. You can also say "Queens College no gakusei desu."

Re: Re: Hajimemashite

Originally posted by Elizabeth
And just "Watashi wa Oscar desu. Amerikajin daigakusei desu" is fine .
And this is most naturally "Amerikajin no daigakusei desu." My mistake -- sorry! 😊

Back
Top Bottom