What's new

Greetings From Yokohama!

playaa

Dog Youkai
15 Jan 2004
๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

I am having fun! Yokohama is beautiful, and this hotel is great! As I got closer to Yokohama the trains and stations got SO much better, they are much nicer here then in Tokyo. The sights are better, and as I got closer the women got FINER!!! They had some very fine women in the stations compared to the 1-2 here and there in Tokyo. ๐Ÿ˜Š

The ferris wheel is fantastic, its right outside my window. Here are pics of my hotel.

http://yokohama.panpacific.com/hotel/picsbig/yokpan01p001.jpg
http://yokohama.panpacific.com/hotel/picsbig/yokpan01p002.jpg
http://yokohama.panpacific.com/hotel/picsbig/yokpan01p003.jpg
http://yokohama.panpacific.com/hotel/picsbig/yokpan01p006.jpg
http://yokohama.panpacific.com/hotel/picsbig/yokpan01p011.jpg
http://yokohama.panpacific.com/hotel/picsbig/yokpan01p015.jpg
http://yokohama.panpacific.com/hotel/picsbig/yokpan01p017.jpg
http://yokohama.panpacific.com/hotel/picsbig/yokpan01p018.jpg

I stay here until Monday, then I go to Osaka, then to Kyoto , and afterwards back to Tokyo. Maybe I will get to go to Ginza this time, or Odaiba.

Reccomendation: Yokohama - Prettiest and Nicest in Japan.

By the way.. People who had questions on how Gaijin are treated in Japan, example: I was walking in Shibuya station I have many bags and I can carry them myself but almost everytime I had to go up stairs someone would help me or ask if I need help. Train station attendants go out of their way to help me and most of the time if my ticket is messed up they just let me by and get me on the right train. I do not know how nice they are on the streets, but Japan has such a different atmosphere... I do not feel like everyone is at each others throats, where I am from Baton Rouge/New Orleans people begin fights just because you bumped into them or you are staring at them, and most guys feel like they have to look good and try to intimidate everyone. Here I have seen people run straight into the back of people and they fall, they simply get up bow to each other and say sorry, walk away smiling. In America it would be confrontation most of the time.

So Japanese people are very nice, and the very few English speaking ones I have come across out of the blue ask me where I am going and if I am finding my way ok. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ˜Œ

playaa said:
๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

I am having fun! Yokohama is beautiful, and this hotel is great! As I got closer to Yokohama the trains and stations got SO much better, they are much nicer here then in Tokyo. The sights are better, and as I got closer the women got FINER!!! They had some very fine women in the stations compared to the 1-2 here and there in Tokyo. ๐Ÿ˜Š

The ferris wheel is fantastic, its right outside my window. Here are pics of my hotel.
Who cares about the hotel pics?
Post pics of the girls if they're supposed to be so much finer, so we can see for ourselves! :haihai:

wow!! that place looks amazing!!!!!! nice choice on hotel! it even has its own opera/performance hall!!! COol!! ๐ŸŽˆ

Porl''

playaa said:
๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Reccomendation: Yokohama - Prettiest and Nicest in Japan.

Yokohama is my birthplace (from Yamate in Yokohama)! ๐Ÿ‘ The city is one of the most charming cities in Japan! Especially Yamate is a great place to visit.

I have not been here long enough to get pics of girls, its raining outside.. I think we are getting a Typhoon tomorow? Let's hope not. :(

playaa said:
I have not been here long enough to get pics of girls, its raining outside.. I think we are getting a Typhoon tomorow? Let's hope not. :(
There's nothing about a typhoon in the weather forecast:
Temperature: 19๏พ‚๏ฝฐC
Wind: 11 km/h from NE
4h 00min of sunshine, sunrise 4:28, sunset 18:43
Rain: Amount 64,6 l/m๏พ‚๏ฝฒ, Probability for rain 97%, Humidity (relative) 73%

The hotel looks great....must've been built after I left Yokohama....
really miss the Chinatown there.... great nikuman! :D

Lina Inverse said:
There's nothing about a typhoon in the weather forecast:
Temperature: 19๏พ‚๏ฝฐC
Wind: 11 km/h from NE
4h 00min of sunshine, sunrise 4:28, sunset 18:43
Rain: Amount 64,6 l/m๏พ‚๏ฝฒ, Probability for rain 97%, Humidity (relative) 73%
Wasn't the typhoon headed for Kansai ?

the regular chinese food in Chinatown is also quite good, if you can afford it :D
The ferris wheel is still there? Wow...I thought they were going to take that down....but I guess Minato Mirai is still going strong....

also miss the soba and chuka shops around the Landmark Tower....and the Ramen! :(

What I Wanna Know Is??????

How come the hotel you stay in is better then the one Bill Murry stayed in in the movie "Lost In Translation"??
He was rich & famous and his hotel looks shabby compared to yours!!
Man if you live to be a hundred, you'll still be rembering this trip!! Have fun, be careful!!

Frank

๐Ÿ™‚

LOL frank! I have some Suntory in my room! BAHAHA I cant read it, I am guessing the green can is green tea, and the brown is is just tea, it has asahi, cola, water, kirin, vitamin lemon, choya plain soda, minute maid orange juice, red and white georges debeouf wine, four roses and chiva regal... Stocked into the refrigerator beneath my tv... A full coffee setup. I am going to get breakfast in a minute... ;)

It said Typhoon was supposed to hit Kanto.. This morning. I shall go to china town today! No more rain, and it is very beautiful outside.. Though cloudy but sunshining.

It's like gyouza except it's steamed instead of fried. I think in the U.S. they call 'em "pot stickers" in Dim Sum restaurants.

Alt. spell. Shumai

Wow, sounds like you're having a blast, Playaa. Yes, do take some pictures outside of the hotel, soon. :D :D Nice to hear you're treated nicely!

Hmm... one of my penpal (Kanagawa) said there was a Typhoon too.

I went to the Yokohama Curry Museum today, very good... It is 1:57 PM and the day is so beautiful.. Sunshine/Slight wind, it is perfect! I ate breakfast and began walking around Yokohama around 9:30 AM so I have been walking around and taking pictures for almost 3 hours, I had to stop back in the hotel to charge my cameras battery, and clear the pictures. But as soon as I am done I shall go back to the used car lot and get pictures of the skylines and other cars I dream of :p, then on to the amusement park, I will get pics from the top of the ferris wheel, and maybe on the vanishing roller coaster...

Walking down the streets of Yokohama it is so beautiful, more so then Tokyo by far, I went into a Zoo and took plenty of pics.. I did my best to get some girls, but I do not know how to approach the situation.. So any help on that will be great.. I know it would be better if I could speak in Japanese and say something along the lines of... Excuse me would it be ok for me to take your picture?
Then maybe I could tell them You are very beautiful, Thank you. So if someone can give me the translation for that, much appreciated and my photos would come out better rather then snap shots! :D

Ok, maybe I am missing something.. I walked in a Kimono shop today and looked at some of the fabrics to choose from (I want to buy one) but when the old lady who was in a Kimono towards the back of the store saw me she said something and shook her head. Maybe they dont make for Gaijin? or was I maybe in a girls shop?

Well anyways Yokohama, is by far the greatest city I have ever been to... Last night when it was raining I went to the Royal Host to eat, and during my walk I saw a silver skyline GT-R drift around 4 curves it was a great sight to see, I almost wanted to drive my car here and do the same LOL! :p

Also, if you want to see the pictures I have so far.. I need some suggestions on where I can host them, as they are fairly big.. (I have 5MP digital camera) and many pictures.

playaa said:
Also, if you want to see the pictures I have so far.. I need some suggestions on where I can host them, as they are fairly big.. (I have 5MP digital camera) and many pictures.
I'll let you use my space. I have a lot of space and bandwidth, and I want to see those pics too.
I'll make a ftp account for you to upload, if you're down with that. :)

Okay. I'll send you info by PM soon, probably before you go back to the hotel in the evening and get all comfy, unless you're gonna do an all-nighter. :D :D

Buahahaha, maybe an all nighter if it does not rain tonite.. What happened to the Typhoon? From what little japanese I understand the news said it was to hit Kanto area this morning, Yokohama is not Kanto but, close so I figure we would get rain?

According to the paper it passed south of Tokyo (through Chiba) early Friday morning and continues on a N/NE course about 85 k/hr where it will turn into a cyclone. Is it not raining now?

Back
Top Bottom