What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Greetings All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockmanX

Kouhai
Reaction score
I like to introduce myself to everyone here and explain why :
Name: JP Rock (user Rockman actually not done cause I like megaman lol )
Whereabouts: NY, outside the Bronx, work and live my lufe around NYC.
Why I am here: I am seeking to make friends and contacts in Japan because I will be working to be an ALT to come to work in Japan with my Goal to live the rest my life in Japan. I been on top pf ALT research and develop a gameplan but I like to make friends prior to my arrival.
Likes and Hobbys: Ayumi Hamasaki and Eir Aoi songs (yes and singing them), Anime and Drawing Anime (im an artist at heart and still draw time to time), Sake, Wine (prefer red), Spirts all on social occasions only I personally only drink with others, Arcades and serious figthing game competition, smash brothers, of course video games, and Japanese food.
so why the above: I had few best friends who came over from Japan and impacted my life, the town next to me had Japanese terkayi at the fair it held and fell in love with the food, yes I was effected by the "Akira" anime bug at 13, had a crush on one my Japanese Best Friend and let the opportunity go and regretting it, and ultimately the Japanese language give me peace of mind hearing it, even in yelling angry tones it feels at ease with my soul.

Yep a little deep but I plan to live in Japan rest of my life, but before marrage or family I want be able to support such a thing, I learned a lot and responsibility is one of them. I still wont give up on it and hope to make friends hete too

mdchachi

Reaction score
Welcome and best of luck to you in achieving your dreams. In the meantime, there's lots of opportunities to meet people, eat Japanese food and other cultural exposure there in NYC. So you're fortunate in that sense.

RockmanX

Kouhai
Reaction score
Welcome and best of luck to you in achieving your dreams. In the meantime, there's lots of opportunities to meet people, eat Japanese food and other cultural exposure there in NYC. So you're fortunate in that sense.

Thank you, and trust me I have definitely used NYC for my food needs. It now more obtain a life goal now, got some years before i do but for sure its great to meet more people and get a sense and advice for the future :)

RockmanX

Kouhai
Reaction score
Here my bio in Japanese :)

私は自分自身を紹介したい: 名前: ジョン ピーター ロック年齢: 33 居場所: ニューヨーク州ママロネックと呼ばれる町でブロンクス外が働き、人生をニューヨーク市周辺。 連絡する私の理由: 私は日本の友人と連絡先をように求めています。私は日本で仕事に来る ALT をする作業になります。私の目標との理由残りの日本での生活をライブすることです。私に住んでいる日本好きの私の到着前に友達を作るに計画を策定する研究されています。 好きなものと Hobbys: 浜崎あゆみと Eir 葵の歌 (はい私は日本語を話すことはできませんが、歌うが好き曲) パンク ロックとダウンのシステムと共に鉄 Madien を楽しむ upI を成長している場合でも。描画を描いたり、キャラクター (im 心そしてまだ時間を描画する愛のアーティスト) 大好きです。私は RPG、JRPG、MMORPG、abd 格闘ゲーム再生ビデオ ゲームが大好きです。私はアーケードに行くと figthing のゲームが好きストリートファイター、ギルティ ギア X サイン、鉄拳、深刻な figthing ゲーム大会をお楽しみください。スマッシュ兄弟が大好き日本語 料理は私の喜び、私の弱さは美しいかわいい弁当子供たち学校や素晴らしい豚 tonkasu のよう。 社会的な習慣: 私は南カルフォルニア飲むお酒と時間を楽しむワイン (赤を好む)、心霊 (ウォッカ、coniac、ラム酒のような飲み物をミックス、白ロシア) とだけ、すべての友人や他の人と飲み物のみ。 私は良い喫煙を楽しむが、落ち着いてくれると痛みと使いやすさで marujiana を好みます。 余儀なくされて薬漬けのテストと私の車の事故後の生活私は鎮痛剤は確かに、これらの薬を私を取得して私の人生を保存 marijiana かかった。場合は、あなたは私にとって気になる友人をしている限り、その [ok] を煙私はそれを尊重します。 日本は私と友達を作ることが重要です理由: 日本から来て、私の人生に影響を与えたほとんどの最高の友人が 。学校の次に行った町にあった年次博覧会で日本の terikayi と食糧と恋に落ちた!かどうかあなたの疑問はい私は 13 日で 『 幽明録 』 キャラクターのバグによって影響されたが、キャラクターはよりちょうどアーティストとして、ショー、そのアートのスタイルと主題の方法を介して表現の芸術形式です。私の最大の日本 secert は 1 つの私の日本の親友と機会を行くに片思いをしていたし、私にそれが私の魂に安らぐ怒っているトーンを叫んでも、それを聞いて心の平和を与える後悔し、最終的に日本語。 うん、少し深いけど日本他私の人生の法則または多くを学んだようなものをサポートすることができるほしい家族や人生の責任の前に住む予定し、物事を急ぐ好きではないです。私はまだ私の夢と日本での生活をあきらめることはありません。私はこれはよく:) あなたを見つける希望します。 ペンパル情報: ジョン ピーター ロック 1616年ローズ アベニュー ママロネック、NY 10543 電話: 914-575-1618 (無制限国際 txt を送れる日本に) ライン ユーザー id: akumaunit00 電話 image.png

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
That was all from something like Google Translate, right? You need to be aware that machine translation for English-Japanese still mostly turns out unreadable gibberish.

If marijuana is an indispensable part of your life, you need to just stay where you are and embrace the weed and forget about coming to Japan.

Why do you want to come live the rest of your life in Japan? Why will it take several years before you can come? Are you eligible for a visa to live and work here? If not, is making yourself eligible a part of whatever preparation it is you're doing now?

Quite frankly, and with no intention of being mean to you, it has to be pointed out that your English gives the impression that you are either not a native speaker or that the speech control centers of your brain may have been damage in your automobile accident. You pay very little attention to some very essential and key aspects of English usage, such as verb tenses (especially dropping suffixes), subject-verb agreement, etc. I mention this because if the way you post here is indicative of your best efforts then one has to conclude that being an English teacher just is not a realistic career plan. Work to obtain visa eligibility and some marketable job skills in some other field and come here to work in that instead. English teaching isn't the only option for people who want to come live in Japan.

Majestic

先輩
Reaction score
And please, find a purpose for your life other than "living in Japan".

That in itself is a very unambitious and relatively easily-attainable thing. Its what you do once you find your real estate that is important.

RockmanX

Kouhai
Reaction score
No offense taken friend :) . Marujana was how I got off the pain killers and been smoke free for months. I am glad that i could spark a reaction out of you for a honest reply and i respect it whole heartly. I'll be blunt, you never tell someone to not pursue their dreams, period. I'm glad you give me a nice disrespectful put down, it quite direct and mean, but honest. Your words wont sway my goals in my life. My former wifes tounge is much more worse then you can deal my friend.

Doubt I am a native speaker, what makes your words fact? I do not know what gives you the right to proclaim what you believe is true as acceptable fact. You need my passport and my birth records? Even if i post it, you still wont believe me and I honestly do not care for your veiw on me as a native speaker or not.

So thank you on the translator advice, the whole marjuana thing, which you assumed the worse and damn me from japan. All i can tell is that you have such an issuie with me being here rather providing advice. Question for you, you from the states? A native speaker? if so its people overreacting like you that disgust me with the lack of tolerance and respect it disgust me.

No one is perfect and you are truly far from perfect my friend.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
That your English is so thoroughly riddled with errors as to make a career in English teaching a dubious proposition is a simple matter of observable fact; my opinion has nothing to do with it. If you're basing your dream of a future life in Japan on teaching English, you're setting yourself up for a major disappointment. I'm giving you friendly advice to help you realize your dream, not telling you not to pursue it. You will need to enter some field other than English teaching. Where you are from is entirely irrelevant. We have non-native English speakers on this forum whose English is indistinguishable from that of educated native speakers.

Could you answer my other questions regarding your eligibility for a working visa and give a little information on what your plans are for working toward moving here, please? The reason I asked you in the first place is so that members here can help provide guidance to make sure you do all your preparation only to find out at the end you have overlooked something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom