What's new

Google ads gone wild?

bossel

後輩
28 Sep 2003
I don't know if this is a problem with Mozilla or with the forum software, but I'll post it anyway.

Recently it happens sometimes that I get a grey bar somewhere on the screen. It has the size of the Google ads but it doesn't appear where those should be (of course it covers that part of the screen where I want to read, grrr). Where the Google ads belong there is only a white area.

Not much of a problem, since after reload everything is normal again, but I wanted to mention it.

Nothing here as well...
Infected with spyware/adware?

Are you using the new Firefox 1.0PR ? (Preview Release)

rakuten said:
Nothing here as well...
Infected with spyware/adware?

Are you using the new Firefox 1.0PR ? (Preview Release)
No ad-/spyware on my computer. I'm pretty careful about that. Using Mozilla 1.7.1.

Thanks, guys. Hmm, I suppose, I'm the only one having this problem, hence it's obviously related to my Mozilla. When Firefox 1.0 final is out, I'll probably change.

BTW, Lina, which Google crap you mean? I was talking of the ads which appear before the last post in every thread.

bossel said:
BTW, Lina, which Google crap you mean? I was talking of the ads which appear before the last post in every thread.
I thought you were complaining about ads on the Google page? :?
Simply get yourself Firefox, the PR version runs very nicely! Then, get the Adblock extension, and it'll take care of the annoying ads! :haihai:
Firefox direct download
Adblock homepage

btw, the current download count for Firefox is a whopping 5,537,415 presently! Look on this page for the actual count:
Spread Firefox
Scroll down, it's on the lower right border.

google is my god, chance is my religion.

*puts hex on pagan altavista user*

altavista is outdated. it's the relic of a time long since passed.

Altavista used to gave me nothing but broken links. But that was years ago. They can't have been sitting still all that time...

Memories, memories... where are the good old pre-Google days of Altavista, WebCrawler and HotBot?

After a while in which no problem occurred, for the last days it has happened again. This is only an issue with Google ads in the Jref forum, nowhere else on the net.

Scrolling up till they are out of sight, then scrolling down again they look normal, although not in their normal place. Scrolling down & up again, I only see a grey bar (screenshots attached). After reload of the page usually everything is normal again.

Attachments

• google updown.jpg
    google updown.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 286
  • google downup.jpg
    google downup.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 287
Back
Top Bottom