What's new

Good recommendations

Stefan000

後輩
21 Jul 2008
Hi, I just started with learning Japanese and was wondering what the best method would be?

I would like to have a few written references and also some easy reading for beginners (like comics/manga or other child books).

For the learning one: I'm thinking about getting the Remembering the Kana and Kanji books (only kanji part 1). and maybe the book Essential Kanji.

Any suggestions of a good study/reference book? (and simple book to read)

I can already read (and write) hiragana (although slow), katakana is harder for me and I also have no vocabulary yet. Is there a good site with lots of vocabulary? and where they use the words in sentences.

(english to japanese, so preferably not a common translator or JDIC site, which was mentioned on this forum, I don;t really know how to use that too:emoji_frowning2:) (already found this one: learn-japanese.info )

Ow I must say I have 2 different versions of the pimsleur program already (I think a 1998 version and a 2002 version) So I'm learning from that now.
And i use the ANKI software also mentioned by someone on this forum before, to put a lot of sentences mentioned in pimsleur in, then I practice pronunciation and writing, and of course translation)

thanks in advance🙂:

Last edited:
The best way to learn is through textbooks hands down. Genki series is a good textbook series as well as Japanese for everyone. Both are really good.

Back
Top Bottom