What's new

Good news!

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
Well, I've been struggling for the last 2 months without work. Yesterday I got a part-time job. Really lucky since its near where I live. The hours are idea and it will allow me to also seek other employment in the evenings. No Saturdays or Sundays, too! Things are looking a lot better, now if I can just get better with the Japanese language. Also, I didn't need to speak Japanese for this work. Japanese company, this is my first experience in Japan for this.

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear it!

Thanks Mike. The timing was good, was able to get all my running around done in the last 2 months. This job is part-time, but that is what I wanted. The hours and days fit right in on giving me space to do other things I'm interested in, like eventually getting that motorcycle and do some traveling. It's all possible now.
And thanks for all your encouragement.

Yes, congratulations. Do you care to describe what sort of job it is and your duties? I forget the details of your visa situation, so how did you resolve them?

Yes, congratulations. Do you care to describe what sort of job it is and your duties? I forget the details of your visa situation, so how did you resolve them?

Hi Glenski
Thanks. My job is working at a food processing plant. My main duty if not my only duty at this time is cleaning the storage containers for its food products. It's fine for me and I'll stick with it for as long as I can. Pay is minimum, but I'm most thankful in getting hired. Worked off a referral. I tried Hello Works, but quickly found out my age and language skills killed any hope in getting even a kitchen job at major hotels washing dishes.
I have permanent residency and can stay in this country forever I guess and that is my hope, at least as long as my health is good.
The job hours are really good and it allows me to find another job perhaps teaching English conversation here in town. I just got my business cards printed today so that's my next step. I'm not looking for much, I do like teaching and that's been my experience here in Japan all these years. I'm also now going to 2 Japanese language classes. I'm really taking level over again, but enrolled in level 2 also.
Again, thanks.

Congratulations! What kind of job did you land?

Hi Thomas
As I stated above, it's a simple cleaning type job in the food processing industry. So if you eat konyaku, it maybe coming from this plant here in town. I notice they mostly hire part time workers at around 15 hours a week. I guess that is how it is these days, but many of the workers have been there over 10 years and one has her daughter working there also. The job situation here (university town and tourist town) has lots of pt jobs, but without the language skill, I feel I was very lucky. Mike, here on the forum told me I'm going to need some very good people to help me out, and yes, he was right.
I do intend to branch in the future teaching English conversation if all goes well in the future for me.

Again, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom