What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Good kanji page

Seppuku

先輩
Reaction score
nd a good kanji page while surfing this site 日本語 resources and here is the page i found. i found it to be a very useful in learning kanji hopefully you will too! :cool: Kanji page also check out the other stuff on that page there is some net stuff there.

avarame

Kouhai
Reaction score
I second that! TheJapanesePage's kanji and grammar sections are great! The culture section is a bit light, though. The same people also run a store (thejapanshop.com) with some good stuff. And no, I don't work for them ;)

Uncle Frank

SECURITY-you SPAM/we BAN
Admin
Reaction score
Very Good!

I've been searching for sites to help me with Japanese and this is a great one!!

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
Those of you who have learned a good deal of Japanese (without going to japan), did you learn kanji as you learned to speak?

For learning Swedish and German I just read a lot of stuff online, news sites, stuff about hobbies I have, and talked to a lot of swedes and Germans online. I got my German to near fluency doing this.

With Japanese I obviously can't do this unless I learn the writing as I go. I've already got a good deal of hiragana down, and a few kanji.

I feel my structured grammar knowledge is right next to the "crap" indicatator on the scale :p

All the japanese I know is from watching anime and from looking at the very basic grammar stuff online. It is strange though how much I can understand and how familiar japanese sounds to me.

I realised this yesterday while watching shaolin soccer (which is in chinese), I was dead reliant on reading the sub-titles, and that made me realise how much I can actually understand of japanese while watching anime. (don't get me wrong, or anything, it's not like I don't need the sub-titles. It's just that I recognise a lot of what is said, and when I don't I can tell what function most words serve)

Understanding definitely is not speaking though

I really should take a class... but I'm going to have to learn Russian in school here, and my German still isn't fluent.

Hmm I'm rambling so much that I don't even know what I'm trying to ask. I really love learning languages, and japanese is especially intriguing. I find it really relaxing to write kanji also 😄 It's also really exciting reading japanese and recognising kanji that I know.

So.. I guess my point is that I'm too strained by stuff now (I'm an exchange student in Germany) to be able to really go full-force into japanese. I have this itch for it though, and I think I'd definitely like to probably go there for at least a while I'm in Uni. I'd like to speak enough japanese to benefit from what would probably only be a semester long visit to japan (If my japanese were as it is now I wouldn't benefit from being immersed in the culture because it wouldn't be long enough, I need to get at least a means to gain semi/broken fluency from which to improve upon)

Does anyone get what I mean *grin* :eek:

slauka

Kouhai
Reaction score
really nice one Seppuku, MtoM ^_^

and Oyo, so you know swedish :D if you need any help, you can message me if you want to :)

CANON

先輩
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the Kanji Page its will really help me alot

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom