What's new

Give it up...

Keeni84

先輩
25 Oct 2003
For Ken Watanabe, Djimon Honsou, Charlize Theron, Shohreh Agdashloo, Keisha Castle-Hughes Sean Penn and Johnny Depp!!!

Sean Penn: Two words: Mystic River

Djimon Honsou should have been nominated for Best Supporting Actor in Amistad and Gladiator, but wasn't. Thank goodness they are giving him his props now.

Johnny Depp: How great is this? Finally! I mean, he needed a nod years and years ago.

Keisha Castle-Hughes---wow! Youngest person ever nominated for Best Actress, and helping to empower Maori girls and girls all over the place. :)

Charlize Theron: Oh yeah, have you seen a preview for Monster? She needs to win, just on that a

Shohreh Agdashloo---if you've never seen House of Sand and Fog or even a preview for it, you are missing out!

And finally Ken Watanabe: yeah! Score one for the Japanese :) :)

I also have to give heads up to LOTR for getting 11 nods. They deserve Best Picture, in my opinion. That, or Mystic River.

Originally posted by Keeni84
Keisha Castle-Hughes---wow! Youngest person ever nominated for Best Actress, and helping to empower Maori girls and girls all over the place. :)

I also have to give heads up to LOTR for getting 11 nods. They deserve Best Picture, in my opinion.

woohoo yay NZ! So great to see so many awards going to fellow Kiwis 😄

For those who have no clue what this thread is about: Oscar Nominations... :)

"Djimon Honsou should have been nominated for Best Supporting Actor in Amistad and Gladiator, but wasn't. Thank goodness they are giving him his props now."

"Amistad"? Maybe... "Gladiator"? I disagree. His performance while admirable hardly qualified as Oscar-worthy imho. It is nice to see him get the nod for his role in "In America" though. I hear his performance in that film was very sharp (I have not yet seen it myself). It's a shame Ken Watanabe didn't pick up a Golden Globe recently for his work in "The Last Samurai" but hopefully he'll fare better at the Oscars. Since they are both nominated in the same category this year, if I must choose... I have to go with Ken as my favorite and hope he wins.
:)

Last edited:
Since Djimon Honsou was not nominated for Amistad he should have been nominated for Gladiator----just as a make up. Like how they gave Al Pacino an Oscar for Dick Tracy. (or was it an nod?)

I hope Djimon Honsou wins for best supporting actor. I hope Keisha Castle-Hughes or Charlize Theron wins for best actress, Johnny Depp for Best Actor and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King for Best Picture.

Wow, Time For Me To Go To Bed!!!

I'm becoming brain dead! I thought they were discussing the awards on TV tonite! Haven't heard from Iron Chef for so long I went a little crazy !! Well, good-nite all !!

Frank
😊 😊 😊 😊 😊

Frank D. White said:
I'm becoming brain dead! I thought they were discussing the awards on TV tonite! Haven't heard from Iron Chef for so long I went a little crazy !! Well, good-nite all !!

Frank
😊 😊 😊 😊 😊

Onegai...do get some sleep, Frank-san. 👍

Ah boo, Canada won that category. Ah well, I'm not happy, but then again, I'm not sad. One may scream, "North American bias." 😌

Twisted said:
For those who have no clue what this thread is about: Oscar Nominations... :)
When I saw the title, I thought it was about the song by KC and the Sunshine Band 😌

Back
Top Bottom