What's new

getting a kanji tattoo...help?

Bälsäc

後輩
18 Aug 2007
I'm looking to get 2 tattoos. One on each shoulder blade. The character for "trust" on my left. It's called "mèng", right? (I'd put up a picture of the mèng I found online, but the site won't allow me to) I also want "betrayal" on my right. "Uragiri", is that right? (again...can't put up a picture, because the site won't allow me to)

The problem is, I can't seem to find a nice blend of form and function, paricularly for the uragiri. Could anyone help me out? I'd really appreciate it :D

Thanks

"mèng" is not a Japanese word, and uragiri is 裏切り. Sounds like you're going to have a pretty unbalanced tattoo if you go with these words, especially since they're not even the same language.

please look at hanzismatter.com for examples of bad asian tattoos

When I saw your user name, I had an idea they would be tattooed somewhere else. Silly me.

So you want one Chinese tattoo and one Japanese tattoo? What's wrong with having "Trust" and "Betrayal" permanently marked on your body in a language you can actually read?

Please....you're the poster child for hanzismatter.com....go take a look.

when you say ツ"meng" is that like a chinese word your trying to say?? cuz in chinese trust is 窶佛?ツ信(to believe)orツ信窶戮(dependable or something like that)

People honestly think; Kanji is, ridiculous. To mark on yourself permanently. It's an inner expression and such judgment is usually done in a hypocritical fashion.

Yes, it is. Why? because you see something just as ridiculous. Random tats all over your body is just as ridiculous. You look like a human graffiti wall. People with their names tatt'ed on their bodies? LOL yes, i must know your name by reading it on your body.

Let me give you some advice on getting any symbols or words. Don't just do the symbol or word. Add something to it. I already have 2 tats and they are so BORING. I am having someone add a ghost effect to them and i don't want to look trendy so i am staying hidden with them.

Research up the ***. PLEASE. Do not go to some random tat place and get it done. The internet is here for a reason and DO NOT copy other tattoos. If you see a cool scene with a Kanji, don't copy it. Have the ARTIST do the work.

Here's some advice for everyone who is giving the OP advice:

Check out the date/time of his last visit and compare it to the date/time of the post before you decide how much effort to invest in replying to him.

If you go with a friend who is Japanese or speaks Japanese and he starts laughing while you're getting your ink done, chances are that you got 'monkey' are something worse tattooed on you.

Simply don't tattoo stuff on yourself, just imagine, what are you gonna do with it once you get old? Its a ridiculous situation but still, imagine you're doing some serious paperwork, and your colleges ask you to go to some silly beach with them and their families, it would be quite unpleasant if you had one tattoo on each shoulder, they'd go: "what is that on your body?" Dunno, tattoo's might be good, but im not really into them.

I'll say it more clearly this time:

The original poster made his one and only post and has (so far) never come back.

How about horse 窶拵ツ on one shoulder and deer ナスツュツ on the other?Two big strong swift animals.It would suit you perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom