What's new

GENKI I, 第6課

21 Jun 2017
I've done the first bit of the lesson 6 practice section. Can someone look this over and let me know any issues/criticisms/etc?

I'm just uploading images of my notebook this time (since I do it in a notebook anyway; transcribing it seems a bit redundant). Please let me know if I shouldn't do this in the future. Also, please excuse the bad layout at the start (before I figured out how to arrange it), and please excuse the English cursive; I'm practicing that lately, too.

%E7%AC%AC6%E8%AA%B2-1-jpg.25843

%E7%AC%AC6%E8%AA%B2-2-jpg.25844

Attachments

• 第6課-1.jpg
    第6課-1.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 718
  • 第6課-2.jpg
    第6課-2.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 701
Hm, responding to my own post. I just spotted a mistake:

明日しゅくだいを持ってもいいですか。

Should of course be:

明日しゅくだいを持ってきてもいいですか。

I.C.4: Should be 私見てください.

I.D.4: Can you embed the picture or describe it? I seem to have a different edition of the book - the questions are slightly different. If it's a girl comparing outfits in front of a mirror and a guy looking at his watch, the guy would presumably be asking her to hurry up.

II.B.2: You can use 具合が悪い instead of 病気だ. The former more fittingly describes a situation where you're not quite feeling right, while the latter means being downright sick.

II.B.4: Should be 英語話して. It's the difference between "can I speak some English?" versus "can I say it in English?"

Please let me know if I shouldn't do this in the future.
We need to know the questions correctly, at least.

この二人は何をやっていることがわかりません is ungrammatical. You are mixing up two different constructions ~かわかりません and ~ことがわかりません.

As for handwritten kana/kanji, I don't know if you are using a reference book or something, but you'd better get practice sheets or something for children. Your hiragana seems odd since some important points are lost, for instance, the slant vertical stroke must be longer to the lower end in た, or the vertical strokes must be a little slant in さ .
da and sa.jpg

ta.jpg

sa.jpg

If it's a girl comparing outfits in front of a mirror and a guy looking at his watch, the guy would presumably be asking her to hurry up.
Ah, that makes sense.

The former more fittingly describes a situation where you're not quite feeling right, while the latter means being downright sick.

OK, duly noted.

Should be 英語で話して. It's the difference between "can I speak some English?" versus "can I say it in English?"
Huh, that's good to know. I didn't realize there was a difference. Thanks!

この二人は何をやっていることがわかりません is ungrammatical. You are mixing up two different constructions ~かわかりません and ~ことがわかりません.
Dang. Noted, thanks. I must admit I was taking a stab at the dark here, and as usually happens it didn't really work.

As for handwritten kana/kanji, I don't know if you are using a reference book or something, but you'd better get practice sheets or something for children. Your hiragana seems odd since some important points are lost, for instance, the slant vertical stroke must be longer to the lower end in た, or the vertical strokes must be a little slant in さ .
Huh, I didn't even have an inkling that I was writing hiragana wrong. I've never been criticized on it before and the way I wrote them and the way they look in books and writing guides look identical to my eyes. I can see the points you're talking about now that you've pointed them out, though. I'll start another thread about handwriting, I'd like to see if I've been writing any others wrong all these years.

We need to know the questions correctly, at least.
Alright, I'll transcribe those, then:

I.
C. Make polite requests.
D. What are they saying in the following situations? (Pictures shown.)
E. Make your own request and ask your partner to act it out. (I'm being a bit silly here, I must admit. Just a little fun.)

II.
B. What would you say in the following situations? Make sentences with ~てもいいですか.

Alright, I'll transcribe those, then:

I.
C. Make polite requests.
D. What are they saying in the following situations? (Pictures shown.)
E. Make your own request and ask your partner to act it out. (I'm being a bit silly here, I must admit. Just a little fun.)

II.
B. What would you say in the following situations? Make sentences with ~てもいいですか.
It doesn't work without each small questions or pictures, as lanthas-san already pointed out. What you are doing is asking us to search the questions by ourselves after all.

Back
Top Bottom