What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Fuyu no Sonata

RinoaRita

Oneechan
Reaction score
It's really amazing that in Japan a lot of women are gonig crazy over the Korean drama Fuyu no Sonata There was even a story about a woman who went to South Korea and started a pen pal relation with a man who lived there.

He sent her a lot of clippings about the atorcities committed by the Japanese. She realized that she never knew these happenings. The Japanese govenment did not educate the people with theses things.

She did not know how to apologize for her country; now she's learning Korean and is hopeing to increase understanding.

It's funny that is statred with this silly romantic drama, but a lot of women really are obcessed with it.

pipokun

先輩
Reaction score
All women are girls in mind even if they get oldツ…
The middle aged Japanese women are obsessed and the Korean guy is also obsessed.

But one thing I am sure is that Japanese learn her history at school.

Shibuyaexpat

先輩
Reaction score
As a Korean/American male, I am completely amazed by the fanaticism here (mostly by middle-aged women), especially when you consider that "Yon-sama" has pretty much lost his charm with Korean audiences (victim of Korean fickleness, I guess). And while it's nice that there's a wave of Korean-curiosity, it's quite irritating to have to explain that not all Korean men are like that. For God's sake, it's a freakin' drama--and not even a good one at that! It would be like if I told everyone I meet on the street, "My God, I'm surprised that you're not wearing a kimono."

Top Bottom