What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Funky Street Fashion

Twisted

That man in the corner
Reaction score
Slick design, shame about the awkward navigation. Texts are also quite hard to read.

Enfour

先輩
Reaction score
Nice site!! Like the flash on your home page and the photos are great!!

Mae

先輩
Reaction score
there's just a pic in there? Or i gotta press any button to enter the site? Comment bout the site - pretty unique

Chipi

Yancha
Reaction score
😍

Sooo many pictures, so wonderful to watch them, so beautiful, so useful, so fascinating...loved them!
Especially the little children...japanese little children must be the cutest..!

I also find sites like this quite useful for me, since I have had a serious thought of making up my thesis about japanese street fashion,or something that might possibly involve it and traditional clothing somehow. I bookmarked this one as one of my favourites.

Iツエm just wondering, how do the teenagers react on strange people taking pictures of them? Iツエm just wondering, If I ever get the chance... ;)

P.S. Some of those street fashion pics showed these shoes with really thick sole,like 20cm, and flat...believe it or not, Iツエve been hunting for those shoes (black) for ages, and you just _canツエt_ get them in Finland/Scandinavia (and buffalo shoes donツエt make them anymore)...does anyone know,are they still selling those in Japan? How expensive are they?

patman

Pat Lyttle
Reaction score
Hi Chipi,

Good to hear from you. I'm glad you like the website, your feedback is most appreciated be it for or against the site. It all helps. Did you like the Blythe doll shots? I really enjoy photgraphing her, regretfully I only have the one doll I bought a few years back. I have scaned an extra 130 images for the street fashion section. will try to get them loaded as soon as I can.

The Boots you like aren't as popular now, girls especially in this weather are going for sandals & mules, more sexier, more feminine, more confortable & flattering I suppose. You can still get them I would think in the 109 in Shibuya in Tokyo. I don't know where you're from, do let me know but in the UK you can still get them from Camden Market but I would try EBay best bet for now. If I can find an exact shop still selling them, will let you know.
Keep in touch.
Fro Pat
[email protected]

kirei_na_me

Where I'm Supposed to Be
Reaction score
patman, really like the site. I think it looks really good. The navigation does take a little getting used to. I especially liked the section on the maiko.

budd

先輩
Reaction score
like "what's behind door number three?" word word
thanks for the link

patman

Pat Lyttle
Reaction score
Thank you Ami for your Kind words. The site is quite big, much going on in there so dive in from time to time, just Like Tokyo & Osaka looks cool much going on but when you go back time & time againg you see stuff you missed before. It was always there but you become sensitive to it, taking into ones heart much like friendship. Do keep in touch. ^_^

From Pat

patman

Pat Lyttle
Reaction score
Hay Budd dude, door 3? Nani Nani? Am I being a think geeze or what? Hope you liked what's behind the door where Jpassion flows.
All the best dude.
Ja ne ! Pat

Top Bottom