What's new

Full Metal Panic, Love it or hate it?

Your feelings on Full Metal Panic?

• I hate Full Metal Panic, it sucks!

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I donツ’t really like the anime, but I donツ’t hate it either

• I just found it very disappointing after reading the reviews/been told about it

• It had some good qualities, but too many bad ones to make it good IMO

• I didnツ’t really like it, but I watched most/all of the series anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I didnツ’t really like it, but I only watched one/a couple of episodes

• I usually like this type of anime, but didnツ’t like Full Metal Panic

• Its ok, nothing special, but probably wont watch it again

• Its ok, nothing special, will probably watch it again though maybe

• Itツ’s a good anime, I found it funny/interesting but wonツ’t buy it

• Itツ’s a good anime, I found it funny/interesting and will get it on DVD/video

• Itツ’s a good anime, I watched the whole of the series

• Itツ’s a good anime, but I havenツ’t seen the whole series yet

• Itツ’s not the type of anime I usually go for, but I enjoyed it

• Itツ’s a great anime but not one of my top favourites

• I love this type of anime and it was great!

• I love Full Metal Panic, no.1 fan here!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I havenツ’t seen it yet but plan to

• I havenツ’t seen it yet and donツ’t plan to

• Otherツ…

• Total voters

Tokis-Phoenix

先輩
23 Sep 2005
This is a poll/thread for all those full metal panic lovers and haters and those who couldn't really care less either way etc.
Personally i found Full Metal Panic very disapointing, i definatly couldn't say i love it in any sense- but i have seen alot of shinning reviews and fans of the anime, so im interested to see what the general feeling over here on this forum is concerning it :) .
All comments/views/opinions are welcome 👍 .

I won't deny it, I'm addicted

I love the anime, mangas, and pretty much everything about the Full Metal Panic series. 👍 It has the right mix of action, comedy, romance, et cetera. In my opinion, its one of the best anime I've seen as of yet (though I haven't seen many). 😌 🙂

Hmm, i dunno, it was a bit like a cake for me- as you said, it had the right mix of action, comedy, romance etc, and should've worked well for me, but for me the cake wasn't baked right and i think it could been done alot better in so many ways. I dont really mind animes using all the sterotypical characters and story/plot lines as long as they are done well and are interesting, but i just found them annoying/fustrating and boring in FMP.
I read some reviews and saw some previews of FMP before i got it out on DVD, so admittedly i only watched the first 4 episodes or so, but i couldn't make out wether it was trying to be a serious anime so to speak, or a comedy- it just didn't feel right. At heart, im really just a big kid, so it should have been ok, and maybe i've just seen too many anime series, but i think the main problems with FMP was the plot/story line and characters, which were just annoying alot of the time for me.
For example, whats his name, u'know the young army character guy? The gun in school drama thing at the start when he has to go undercover, i just thought that was stupid because naturally he would have been expelled and sent to a young offenders prison straight away, let alone been allowed to make the first stupid mistake numerous times. Or the invisable robots thing, in the anime they seemed to play some emphasis on being realistic with the robots, going to great depths to draw them well and make them seem like they could really work, but such a thing is completely ridiculous for trying to hide in the streets- i mean what if somone walked into one of those invisable robot armour things? Game up! Or maybe i just took it too seriously? For me there weren't enough laughs thought to make it enjoyable as a comedy/light hearted anime.

Was there anything you enoyed in particular about the anime Clawn 😌 :) ?

Loved it and will always stand up for it. The first series had a good mix of everything but I really liked the second series, it had some pretty funny subject matter in it- I also liked how it focussed on their day to day lives as well.

Tokis-Phoenix said:
For example, whats his name, u'know the young army character guy? The gun in school drama thing at the start when he has to go undercover, i just thought that was stupid because naturally he would have been expelled and sent to a young offenders prison straight away, let alone been allowed to make the first stupid mistake numerous times.

You obviously didn't watch it too hard. Sagura (thats his name by the way) was there with the schools knowledge to protect one of the students. While they may not have liked him being armed they weren't able to "expel" him because technically he isn't a student anyway.

Or the invisable robots thing, in the anime they seemed to play some emphasis on being realistic with the robots, going to great depths to draw them well and make them seem like they could really work, but such a thing is completely ridiculous for trying to hide in the streets- i mean what if somone walked into one of those invisable robot armour things? Game up!

My god! Your right, how dare they do such an outrageous thing. We all know you cant have giant robots, never mind invisble ones.

Or maybe i just took it too seriously?

Perhaps.

Was there anything you enoyed in particular about the anime Clawn 😌 :) ?

The anime had a definite feeling of having a direction, that it had been made with a story in mind and was heading towards a definite goal. While it was fairly predictable (then again most entertainment nowadays is) the animation quality is high, has a good soundtrack, and characters that are clearly defined.

Tokis-Phoenix said:
Was there anything you enoyed in particular about the anime Clawn ?

Well actually, I had read the manga beforehand, and I wanted to check out the anime because I had liked the manga so much. I like the plot, I am an avid fan of giant robots(proud collector of Gundam models ^_^), and it is well balanced, there is a serious storyline, but you have a bit of humor added in to level it out.

P.S. - Tokis-Phoenix, sorry for posting this so late, I didn't check the thread up until now. 🙇‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom