What's new

From Hokkaido to Okinawa... by bicycle.

FromHtoO

後輩
28 Sep 2012
Hello there !
We are 3 french friends (Luigi, Mikael and Yacine) and we would like to introduce you our project:
In 2014, we will travel across Japan by bicycle. We will start our trip in Wakkanai, on the north of Hokkaido and we will ride until the island of Okinawa. We won't plan nothingWe will realize a little documentary everyday that we will upload on Youtube to show our meetings, what we ate, our problems, our satisfactions... The aim of this road trip will be to show how Japan is great, seen by 3 young frenchs.
2014 is so far ! Why do we introduce this project so early ?
Yes and no, 2014 is far but it's close too because we need to save money to do it and 1 year + some months is necessary for this. We would like to find sponsor too and more than anything, we need to bring the most people possible on our Facebook page and on our Website.
If some of you already did this kind of trip, don't hesitate to share your adventures here ! Let's share about it !
Our website:
Nomikai.fr
To traduce it in English, just clic on one post (behind the pictures) and then clic on "Traduce", on the right.
traduce.jpg
Our Facebook page (we often publish actuality about this trip in French/English/Japanese and we will offer gifts to our fans soon !)
Mata ne !

I would try to contact a french or Japanese TV program for it, you provide the videos and they will sponsor you with money, etc.

How about the cycle company Shimano? or even better contact the French embassy and see what they can do for you.

Anyway good luck with your trip, but know that not everything is THAT great, and I hope that you will show that in your videos as well.

Keep us up to date.

Yes Mike, we will take ferries from Hokkaido to Honshu and from Kyushu to Okinawa.

Davey, good ideas :) Mikael have contacts in Japan for TV Program or local newspapers and some of them are already interested by this project. We also have a good partner which is "Japan Expo", the biggest Japan Fair in France. They want to invite us in 2014 to present our project.

For Shimano, I don't think we will contact them because we want to buy used bicycle, it will be more "fun" for the trip.

Of course we will show everything, also the bad things. We already went in Japan so we know that this is not a perfect country so we will show it too on our documentary.

Thank for reading us BTW ;)

For Shimano, I don't think we will contact them because we want to buy used bicycle, it will be more "fun" for the trip.

Well you need cycling clothes, shoes, and what if your bike breaks down...

Well you need cycling clothes, shoes, and what if your bike breaks down...

You are totally right ! We will send an email to them to ask if they can provide us some stuff or advantages on their items.

We also have many propositions of japanese people who will received us in their home :)

Nice idea, but of course not new.
There were a lot of people who did similar things. Many of them even walked!
More common is from Hokkaido to Kyushu, though.
If you do that, you wouldn't have to take a ferry. For Okinawa you have no other choice, of course.

I wonder if you also plan to go to Shikoku. Most of the people who plan things like that completely leave out Shikoku although there is a GREAT cycle route over the Seto Naikai and over many bridges that connect small islands from Onomichi in Hiroshima all the way to Imabari (Ehime, Shikoku). I'm going to do that ASAP as well! :)

Nice idea, but of course not new.
There were a lot of people who did similar things. Many of them even walked!
More common is from Hokkaido to Kyushu, though.

Ahahah, I know that, I even have a friend who did it but like you said, he did that only from Hokkaido to Kyushu. Doing that from the northest city of Japan (Wakkanai), to one of the southest cities (Itoman), is pretty rare and I've never seen a documentary on Youtube about somebody who did that so I think it can interest people.

Yes we will go to Shikoku ( look at our itinerary there :) Nomikai.fr ツサ Itinテδゥraire ) but just in the north before going to Hiroshima and yes, we will cross all the bridges possible :D

---------- Post added at 07:22 ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 ----------

You should post this to our sister site Tokyo Cycling Club, too.

Thank you :) I will

Ahahah, I know that, I even have a friend who did it but like you said, he did that only from Hokkaido to Kyushu. Doing that from the northest city of Japan (Wakkanai), to one of the southest cities (Itoman), is pretty rare and I've never seen a documentary on Youtube about somebody who did that so I think it can interest people.

Yes we will go to Shikoku

Now you got me interested, too! ^___^
Awesome!

You should not fail to read Alan Booth's A Road to Saga before embarking on your adventure. :)

Wow ! This book looks very interesting, I'll try to buy it this afternoon on Internet. Thank you !

zoomingjapan, ahah, thank you ;)

I have a question: somebody know where I could buy used bicycle in Sapporo or in the north of Hokkaido ?

Back
Top Bottom