What's new

Friends

Is it appropriate for a 14 year old to spend time alone with a boy?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Not with my daughter you don't !!!

As a registered "Old Fogie" I say no mater how much I trust the young people; Never Never trust raging hormones of teenagers !!
Most of us are born from what started as an innocent kiss. Now if I were young and single I would vote YES-YES-YES !!!

Frank

I am a dad of a 4 year old and was a kid once too. "No" was my answer. Don't get me wrong, depending on the circumstances, I would say yes.

Well,I think it really depends on the situation, but I think I would say no too. Frank is right. At that age, hormones are raging out of control, and you can get yourself in trouble in no time. I wasn't allowed to "car" date until I was 16. So, that meant I was never really alone with a guy until then. Not really.

At 14 and 15 years old, you think you know everything and you think your parents are evil, when in reality, they have "been there, done that" and know what the consequences are. I'm 27 and still have a lot to learn, but I am wise enough now to know that I should've listened to my parents. It would've made my life easier. Believe me, you don't want to learn everything the hard way.

**Edit**

I'm moving this to Chit Chat.

... How about Yes, only if I don't know about it?

I think that was how it worked for me... theoretically, I wished I could get a girl when I was 15/14

I would say Yes

Only because either you know about it or you don't

If you would rather know they are alone together
or they can do it behind your back

it's easy as that
maybe that will make them be less rebelious

im only 19 but I would say your 14 what are you doing with a BF in the first place lol

but also if you let them know it bugs you they will do it just to spite you

I dont know thats just my 2 cents

I don`t know, kids are kinda sneaky these days, so if you tell them it`s not allowed, they will more than likely find some way to get around that and do it. When I was younger, when my parents would forbid me to do something, I would be a little more than enticed to disobey them, but I was generally a good kid.:devilish: However, if I were a parent as well, I think I would feel a little uneasy about having these kids being home alone together(especially if I had a daughter). I guess it all depends on the situation.....

I let my kids do it all the time, well only because I don't want to argue with them because that'd lead to one huge long-distance phone bill.

Josh

You Did what?

I confused :confused:

go stand beside josh so we can easily shift eyes between the 2 of you

😄 Look I shift my eyes at you o_O | o_O

of course its ok to let a 14 year old girl be alone with a boy. if your parents were there you wouldnt get to talk about certain things or hug or anything. thats what sucks though, parents always think that we might do something. theres a 50% chance they wouldnt though.....

Back
Top Bottom