What's new

Forum upgrade to vB 3.5.1

Welcome to our Japan community!

A discussion forum for all Things Japanese. Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

epigene

相変わらず不束者です
Reaction score
CC1 said:
I think that Frank is still having computer issues right now!
Thanks, CC1! I found that out, too, in another thread!

Looking forward to the next updates, thomas! :)

Anchyyy

後輩
Reaction score
thomas said:
@ smilies

We are going to upload the old smilies as soon as possible. It seems that not all of them have been ported over during the update. Patience. ;)

Thank you!! 🙂

Pachipro

JREF Resident Alien
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
I have also noticed that if I am replying to a post there seems to be a time limit and when I try to submit my post I am automatically logged out and asked to log back in again. This never happened before no matter how long it took to make a post. This can be quite frustrating if one is making a long, thought out reply and it is lost. I hope you can rectify this. Luckily I always copy it to note pad first before clicking "submit".

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Pachipro said:
I have also noticed that if I am replying to a post there seems to be a time limit and when I try to submit my post I am automatically logged out and asked to log back in again. This never happened before no matter how long it took to make a post. This can be quite frustrating if one is making a long, thought out reply and it is lost. I hope you can rectify this. Luckily I always copy it to note pad first before clicking "submit".

This is not related to the upgrade. The session time has always been restricted to 15 minutes. After 15 minutes of inactivity you are automatically logged out, unless you for instance open another forum page in order to stay active and logged in.

Has already been discussed here. :)

lastmagi

後輩
Reaction score
I've always had a problem with the auto-log-out function with just about every other forum I've been on, but not JRef. Hm, I must be blessed by some Jrefland deity here. :)

Pachipro

JREF Resident Alien
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
thomas said:
This is not related to the upgrade. The session time has always been restricted to 15 minutes. After 15 minutes of inactivity you are automatically logged out, unless you for instance open another forum page in order to stay active and logged in.
Previously I've noticed that the "remember me" box was always, automatically, checked. With the upgrade I notice that it is not automatically checked. When I check it, I am not timed out and I can take as long as I want to reply to a post without being automatically logged out. However, when I return to the forum after posting a reply, it will say "you last visited ....ago" when I never left or signed out. This was the same as previously, but at least I am not automatically logged out. FYI🙂

Top Bottom