What's new

Foreign Exchange Programs

Rockuman

-Supreme Martial Artist-
30 Jun 2004
I've asked my dad if "I were to find an exchange program and it was good, would I be able to go through with it", and apparently, if I can, then it'll work out, but my problem is, I can't find an exchange program that appears to be valid, and there isn't one that's associated or built off of my school.

So, just wondering, does anyone know of any actual, working, foreign exchange programs that I would be able to show my dad, and get started on?

This is not exactly a foreign exchange program. In fact, it's a Japanese language course which takes place in Japan. Last time I looked it was rather expensive, but it's at least worth considering.

http://www.cesalanguages.com/main/japan_intro.htm

I do not know anybody who has been on any of the language courses offered by this company, but I would expect them to be of reasonable quality - if not better - due to the vast range of countries in which they offer language courses. Of course, you would be living in Japan while studying the language and as such, would undoubtedly find opportunities to visit Tokyo, Kyoto, or wherever else you might like to visit (Okazaki - the city in which you would be living - is said to be some 30 minutes by train from Nagoya, and is within 2 hours of both Tokyo and Kyoto by "Shinkansen" (bullet train)).

Also, I don't know what state you live in, but if there's an association of universities for your state (Like the University System of Georgia, for me in Savannah), then you may find things there that allow students from any member university or college to sign up. I couldn't go on an exchange if I could afford it, but the USG has many Japan exchanges where my university only has programs for Europe and Australia.

Drkns. Thanks, I'll try and check that out later. :)

BrennaCeDria: Well, I live in Florida. I've done some search querys on google for Florida Foreign Exchange programs, but I've gotten no luck.

Anyways, this is the most valid looking exchange program I've found so far... Asse
Will this program work?

Hi Rockuman!

I think you should search for various organizations in your part of Florida like this:
http://www.ryeflorida.org/Default.htm

I also found this:
japan色糸videos护士_国产精品嫩草影院_天天sne台湾深合中文_澳门永久av免费网站

I don't know much about student exchange programs and can't say about the link you posted. I can only say that you should check into each organization thoroughly, because I have heard there have been serious problems in some of them.

Good luck!! 🙂

Rockuman, there's no association in Florida that regulates the minimums of what universities in the state have to teach, and that all schools are supposed to belong to? Damn, don't tell me Georgia's done something smart for a change that other states haven't thought up. Give me a minute, I'm gonna go google some stuff for ya...

...Okay, I've googled every combination of "University" "system" and "Florida" I can think of, and I think you're even worse off than Georgia students as a state. There was one site on UNF's page about general study abroad info, that had links to other instate universities, here. I don't know if transferring to a Georgia school is an option, because the universities here tend to charge 2-3 times tuition to out-of-state students (and that has to be paid on top of the SA program's charges) but if it is, check out here. It's the University System of Georgia's top site for Study Abroad, and has qualifications as well as a list/search for specific programs. Some require you to be enrolled in a specific school, others allow you to sign up from any USG school.

I'm wondering what about hawaii? I'm sure there is some programs that are in the Hawaii University, or so I've heard.

But since I am going to Boise State University, or hopefully I get accepted, I'm wondering if there are exchange programs in BSU. ????

Sometimes........

the local ROTARY CLUB's sponser students in high school to go to other countries. It might be worth checking if you have one near you.

Frank

i thought most colleges offered study abrod to japan because its an important country? most of the viewbooks i've looked at list japan as a destination. my high school offers an exchange program every other year, because me city (in georgia) has a sister city in japan. try looking at colleges in cities that have a sister city and a realted program, maybe?

Back
Top Bottom