What's new

For those of you who didn't believe....

mad pierrot

I jump to conclusions
22 Nov 2003
The end is near.

http://www.angelfire.com/ab8/halo2/Movie.wmv

(right click and save to your hard drive.)

Man, I can't wait. All I can say is after I get this, I won't be leaving my house for a few days.

Checklist

1. Doritos
2. hyper-caffienated beverage
3. aspirin (for when my eyes hurt from staring at the screen after 18 hours...)

👍 👍 👍

What, you can only do 18hrs?

Yeah, I guess after 24 the motor skills do tend to lapse a bit... :D

Oh man, my die-hard gamer spirit is fading away :(....I don't even play much anymore on the ps2...Japan is absorbing all my time, as is school *sigh*

Halo2 is gonna rock tho,have fun playin guys !! 🙂

I repeat,

Right click and save to your hard drive!

it's the only way to use the link.

After seeing that, I have to say that I am now sure of three things.

1. Bungie is the closest to making Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within like cinemas in real time.

2. Whatever differences I have with the French, I have to say French folks have a knack for putting the right music into things.

3. I will be checking my gaming library to trim the unneeded fat.

Nice video.

Cheers to you.

Ant

mad pierrot said:
I repeat,

Right click and save to your hard drive!

it's the only way to use the link.

It saves an 11kb file to my hard drive. That's not a movie. :p

Fantt said:
It saves an 11kb file to my hard drive. That's not a movie. :p
Same here! :haihai:
Did right-click and save as already the first time, but still only get this tiny file.

Just go to Bungie's website. I'm guessing it's the 60 second commercial and I know they have the links over there for download.

Heh, I just have to pay off my preorder and I'll have my hands on it 12:01 AM on the day of release. Then I'll probably play it a couple hours and go back to sleep.

Edit: I guess I was wrong. This was even more badass than the commercial. Is this the French trailer?

Really liked how when they showed MC being honored, they showed the covenant being honored by their leaders. In fact, the trailer makes the Covanent doesn't seem like the total monsters that I perceived them as in the first game.

Last edited:
Yeah, not sure why you can't get it to go, it still works for me....

Sorry!

There are actually a couple of good trailer floating around,, I'll see if I can find the others.

Stutz said:
Really liked how when they showed MC being honored, they showed the covenant being honored by their leaders. In fact, the trailer makes the Covanent doesn't seem like the total monsters that I perceived them as in the first game.

Yes, I also liked that aspect of it as well. But, I am not sure if it is an honouring ceremony before or after the events in Halo. As you may have noticed, there is that slightly annoying ilovebees.com thing floating around, and if the sound files are anything to say about it, there may be a little more story put into this game than we can even imagine.

Well, from what I have heard, the Covenant are an empire spanning tonnes of races from across the Galaxy that the human race had only first encountered in their colonisation of a planet. Also told to me by some friends whom have read the novels is that humans seem to have amassed quite an empire themselves and seemingly planting roots in every imagineable hole in the universe. Possibly the Covenant saw this shift from one world to many as a threat, and responded to it in the only way possible, the destruction of the human race to circumvent this unbalance in the universe. This draws a bit of parallel to many of our own empires, no?

All I can say is this, Halo is going to be revolutionary. Not mainly in terms of additions to the FPS theme, but the fact that graphics have progressed at an alarming rate since the first game was being thought of for the MAC. Looking at some of those cinematics made me think of the statement Kaz Hirai made about the emotion chip in the PS2 being able to do pre rendered quality realtime graphics and it never happening. The cut scenes shown may rival FF: TSW in terms of rendering on the fly, which is astounding. But it is too early to tell because the shots were kinda small. The A.I. is supposed to be beefier too, allowing your fellow marines to something other than shoot at things and never hit anything... THIS will be a welcome change from the first title. And the story is now something that is getting pushed forth with 2 years behind it. The first game threw you into the fray with no idea of who or what the Covenant were and why this Halo thing was there. All you knew was kill anything not you.

So, all and all, I am very happy that the wait is almost over.

Sorry for the long winded poop.

Ant

Man, this month is going to be awesome and sucky for video games. Awesome because both Halo 2 and Half Life 2 are coming out. Sucky because it's going to be really hard trying to figure out what to play AND to keep up with my wife in City of Heroes.

Oh, the pain! The pain!

Fantt said:
Sucky because it's going to be really hard trying to figure out what to play AND to keep up with my wife in City of Heroes.

Oh, the pain! The pain!

Wait until the Villians pack comes out, then you won't have to keep up with her... you can just destroy her from the comfort of your evil lair.

Muahahahaaaaa.

Ant

I read a review the other day in the official xbox mag. and it got a 9.7/10 omg i cant wait to get this game it looks so sweet for anyone who has xbox live my gamer tag is Deadly Samurai.. see ya online :p

antantrevolution said:
Wait until the Villians pack comes out, then you won't have to keep up with her... you can just destroy her from the comfort of your evil lair.

Muahahahaaaaa.

Ant

As long as they give me my sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads!

Back
Top Bottom