What's new

for those long distance folks

MajideSaiaku

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai
19 Jan 2005
Some of us, have had the blessing and misfortune of aving to be apart from our loved ones for extended periods of time.

The discussion, is this, have you ever had intense feelings apart from joy at meeting up again?, how long before you got used to the periods apart, if you ever did, this thread will be for ddiscussion and experiences of those who have been apart with their loved one, mainly as two foreigners but, same country couples are accepted, especially since being apart in the states is as good as another country sometimes.

Well, I can be included in this catagory.

Being apart from eachother every 6 months can be hard,
but with new technology of being able to e-mail, make phone calls, and send pictures, it's not as bad as it use to be.

Everyday I think about my wife, hoping that she will be ok with out me. I really do worry about her, because I am not there. We need eachother to get through our situation and talk to eachother so we know how we feel.

I'd say that I am use to the long periods, but that's due to the fact that I understand myself and my wife's situations, and planning ahead has really helped out.

August 26, I hope my wife will be in the states, so we may be together at last.
Like I said, emails and phone calls, keep us close while we are apart.

I guess I'm long-distance at the moment... :(
My b/f is returning in September though. It isn't so bad for us so far - we stay in touch with phone calls, emails and messenger.
I can't say how is it when you meet up again, though. Feelings apart from joy? I don't know. I suppose, if I thought he seemed distant or not really pleased to see me, I would feel suspicious that he found another. Right now, I don't think so, but I suppose time will tell... 😌

I could never cope with a long distance relationship. I have been married for 8 1/2 years and the last night we spent apart was the night before our wedding! My husband has even turned down promotions if they meant he would have to go away overnight!

My boyfriend and I are now in a long distance relationship since i just moved out of new york into georgia...It can get very lonely but i guess as mentioned by others in this thread, technology does help...We have two more years of high school left and I'm very much hoping that everything can work out...I feel like i can trust him although i cant help but worry about what the future holds...All i know is that we love each other very much and I really can't wait to see him again...I'm glad someone made a thread like this...I hope to continue writing in this and see what others have to say...

Well I just found out that my boyfriend is coming back to Korea next month *YAY* However anything can change within that time, but until we are back together in the same country he can do what he likes.

nurizeko said:
Some of us, have had the blessing and misfortune of aving to be apart from our loved ones for extended periods of time.

The discussion, is this, have you ever had intense feelings apart from joy at meeting up again?, how long before you got used to the periods apart, if you ever did, this thread will be for ddiscussion and experiences of those who have been apart with their loved one, mainly as two foreigners but, same country couples are accepted, especially since being apart in the states is as good as another country sometimes.
I try to get back to Tokyo for a few days every couple months, but when he has family staying or other commitments and I'm in a hotel it may mean only one or two meetings. If it's within the first days and I'm still suffering jet lag and grogginess it's almost like suffering from depression -- everything is seen through a dark and gloomy lens.

So, I worry a little about that not showing my interest and enthusiasm to their fullest -- plus the Tokyo heat is so bad he was also a little tired last week....☝

Last edited:
I had been waithing for my ex-girl for more than 2 years. Yes, once I really really hope to see her again. We had been communicated through MSN, letters, emails and phone. 2 years can be a very long time and anything could happend (Another guy going after her).
After 2 years, I had my opportunity to transfer to the place she live. But things had been different. She changed and we eventually break-off after 3 months. :(

Well, mines here with me now, we've had a few bumps but just small things and the making up is goooood.

Im counting down now! Tomorrow my wife visits the U.S. Consulate office for Part II of her Marriage Visa Approval! Gonabatte yo!!!

15 more days! :LOL:

I am on a l.d.r for 1 year now, i met my girl in australia, and we lived/worked together for 5 months, and ofcourse you can not say like: well darling i go home i break up with you.. after 2 -3 weeks that can work.. for some..

so we decided to start a distance relation.. after australia we didnt see each other for 7 months, it was hard , because you wonder if you can do it, will i see her again? or will we break up after 4 months because it is to hard... those 7 months were insecure, for both of us sometimes.. but then we saw each other again, and it felt like we lived together everyday.. she came to my country for 2.5 week!! at that time, i knew for sure the relation was great, and that i didnt needed to worry .. so i got down on my knees on the Champs elisee in paris with new year!!! again we needed to say goodbye, and that is for sure the most hardest thing,, saying goodbye, the moment itself, but also the days before it, and after it.

again the months went by *8 in total* they were much better then the other 7 months.. but yeah after 6 months it was getting harder, you start growing away a little bit from each other... even we talked like 4-5 times a week, for totaly 7-10 hours. and i started to think deep.. but i kept hope, and i became stronger... even the distance is far, and we dont talk much, you get much stronger, and you talk a lot to each other about Deeper things, then normal relations do.. when you talk on the phone, or on i-net.. you have to talk.. you can not touch or something.

after those 8 months i went to Japan to see her again, and to see the country that i have been learning so much about the last 1.5 year.. it was wierd to see each other again.. but that lasted for just 30minutes.. after that it felt like normal being togther again, this is for me one of the reasons, that i believe in my relation, I know that my relation is good, trust, love, etc etc. this summer we got married with each other, and i feel like the most happiest man in the world!!! live has been going fast the last couple of years, but i enjoy it, and i believe in my mariage and my future!!!

now just 3.5 month and i will see her again, she will come here for 3 weeks, and then again 6 up to 8 months, and then we stay together, FINALY... but before that, i need to work hard, on work, and my relation on distance

its not the easiest thing, but when you trust each other, keep hope, and give each other enough attention, you will be fine!!!!

yeah, we have I-net, messenger, phone, webcamera, and now also Internet calling for Free!!! contact is great, even we have the differnt hours, and can only talk a lot in the weekend!!!

arigato for everything.. i dont regret anything! 🙂

Thats a good story of experience, especially because mine is going home next saturday, its been a hectic visit, and i dunno, i dont wanna say goodbye ;_;

ohwell...i'll see her at christmas.

Back
Top Bottom