Votes: 27 75.0%

Votes: 5 13.9%

Votes: 3 8.3%

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

playaa

Dog Youkai
15 Jan 2004
Help me come up with some KANJI, Hiragana, or Katakana for the shirt.. I need preferably some symbols for the background, aswell as maybe a saying for it.

Also what kind of shirt would you like to see designed i.e.:

1. Small Logo on front - Design on the back.
2. Design on the front - Small Logo on the back.
3. Logo on the front - Blank back.
4. Blank front - Logo on the back.

Colors? What type of look should I go for, etc... Just looking for some idea's of what everyone likes :) 😄 😌

Vote on the poll for the # of the design you want.

BTW, As of right now I am designing a Samurai/Ninja type charactar in battle ready suit with his colored "division" flag on his back. Then I planned to do some more designing and to add a logo/calligraphy to go with it. Hope to get some good responses, I havn't seen the T-shirts made yet so I wanted to start one :)

I went with number 1. The shirt would seem more interesting if what i gathered from what you wrote is what its suppose to look like..

meep 😌

Just a thought, you might want to design a few different styles. While cool, not everyone will want a samurai/ninja or a lot of graphics on a shirt. I would make a few flashy, a few middle range, and a few "tasteful" to cover all the age groups and fashion types.

Ok, Thanks for the advice I was planning to do a good bit of designs. Expect some results posted soon.

How about this design? I couldn't get a good font, maybe someone wants to play with it? 😌

Lol I got this message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /picture/sraid113/p4dc495e4b8b6134b9fd7bceb0fafec37/f8f2b91d.jpg on this server.

Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.imagestation.com Port 80

Where are you going to have the t-shirts made? I like the picture a couple post down.. I think it would look good.

I can only see playaa's design. But I must say it looks really nice! 👍
The only thing I think is a MUST is that you have some Japanese on them. And also, there are different models of t-shirts. Don't choose a too.. uhm.. (how do I say it in english?).. slurred model 😌 , but choose one that fits the body pretty well (like around arms and stuff). That's my advice

If you make a nice t-shirt, I'll definitely buy it!

我輩はjrefに行ったが此のTシャツ丈貰った。

You're really on a wagahai kick there, aren't you? Lol. Anyway, did they really used to use 丈 for dake? The reading from the EXCEED wa-ei is take, but "length" doesn't really make sense, so I figured, "I went to JRef and all I got was this T-shirt."

Anyway, wow, playaa, I didn't realize that you were such an artist! I like the only design that I could see (the samurai in front of the maru). Keep up the good work! I kind of like all of the design styles, maybe you could do all of them? If it's not too much trouble, of course.

Glenn said:
You're really on a wagahai kick there, aren't you? Lol. Anyway, did they really used to use 丈 for dake?
Yup. 驚きましたか。 :D

It's properly entered in WWWJDIC
丈 【だけ】 (prt) (uk) only; just; as
I looked into it at some point and, IIRC, it checked out.

[EDIT] Aha, here it is - if you check down the list carefully.

Glenn said:
The reading from the EXCEED wa-ei is take, but "length" doesn't really make sense, so I figured, "I went to JRef and all I got was this T-shirt."
Yup. I'm sure you realise that it is the complete unnaturalness of the sentence that makes it funny (or not). Although on second thoughts it might be better with しか・・・貰わなかった

PaulTB said:
Yup. 驚きましたか。 :D

It's properly entered in WWWJDIC
丈 【だけ】 (prt) (uk) only; just; as
I looked into it at some point and, IIRC, it checked out.

[EDIT] Aha, here it is - if you check down the list carefully.

I guess I'm not all that surprised. :p Uh, I didn't see it. The only one that I found that was close was:

(3)ある限り。すべて。全部。
「心の―を打ち明ける」「思いの―を述べる」

That says that it means "all," and the reading is still take. Did I miss something?

PaulTB said:
Yup. I'm sure you realise that it is the complete unnaturalness of the sentence that makes it funny (or not). Although on second thoughts it might be better with しか・・・貰わなかった

Perhaps so. Why did you leave out "lousy?" Could you not find a suitable conterpart for it in this context?

Glenn said:
That says that it means "all," and the reading is still take. Did I miss something?

(3)ある限り。すべて。全部。
「心の―を打ち明ける」「思いの―を述べる」

You Shirley did. 'ある限り。' <> all.

[EDIT] To take the classic example
お好きなだけお取りなさい。
Take as much as you like.

You're taking 'just' what you like to take - not everything.

だけ is generally used when there isn't a negative nuance - which is why I changed my mind for しか.

Glenn said:
Why did you leave out "lousy?"
Sheer laziness. I know exactly where a suitable line was - it's in the Japanese Hengband game. However I couldn't bring it to mind at the time ^^;;

... Ah there it is

N:192:『GHB を倒したけどこんな嫌なTシャツしか手に入らなかったよ!』
E:'I killed the GHB and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!'

I went with 1 too, I think it'd look really great to have a design like that on the back, I can't see Mandylion's...but I think playaa's looks really great and I'd consider getting one if the final result looks as good as I hope/think it will! =)

So are we going to be able to order these or something?

I can prob order one, and I would love to!! Price?

arigatou! ja ne...

Back
Top Bottom