What's new

FLCL (JP:Furi Kuri, US: Fooly Cooly)

TyPe-ZeRo

先輩
13 Aug 2003
FLCL is the best anime in my opinion 2nd to Neon Genesis Evangelion. I love gainax for this! For those who like those animes that don't make sense until the end, you'll love FLCL. It's just weird from your average anime lol... really weird but funny, it has romance, comedy and refers to other animes ie gundam and it has this funny part in Episode 5 where everything is drawn like South Park hehehe... 1 Bad thing about this anime is that its 6 episodes long but its pretty good.
Another good anime would be Serial Experiments Lain.
While i'm at it a good anime movie would be "Grave of the Fireflies" it's very sad and it made me forget it was an anime, although it makes the U.S. look like bad guys :eek: but its really good. Oh yeah im new here ;)

well hiya type zero and welcome. i agree with you about FLCL though i missed ep.5 last night so im gonna just have to wait til next week to see it and ep.6. :\

FLCL is one of my favorite animes ^^
Made me laugh so much when they go into "Comic book mode" ^^

kind of expensive though :(
bought the first and had to quit
but the director voiceover was pretty cool

yep

Yep yep yep fooly cooly is one of the best anime ive seen. wish there were more=( heloo doesn't know anything

hey keichi, um heres an answer to your questions i think....
1) for Furi Kuri Haruko left because the pirate king left, and this was the reason why haruko came to earth -.-

and for NGE , im guessing only the episodes no movies
for Episodes = many endings
movies = i think shinji and asuka are the new adam and eve, or in the jewish bible, adam and lilith.

Hint: at the end of NGE TV show was that Baka Shinji-kun just found out to be happy with life as it is.

Hint: at the end of NGE Movies was that all of the taken Soul's are brought back to the world and into there own bodys as if nothing had ever happend but the planet hasn't change since the distruction.:eek:

FLCL is a good anime and it is waaaaayyyyy deeper than it looks. I find it quite philosophical~ I guess the storyline is a way of showing the difficulties that children has to go through in order to grow up.

The story revolves around Naota; trying to make everyone around him happy and to learn how to be himself (and not imitate others - his brother), and to find a way to get out of a world of lies (Mabase). Mabase is a metaphore that represents a world fill of lies and nothing is clear (the smoke from the factory covering the stars from the sky). The guitar means a way out for him (like baseball for his brother, Atomsk for Haruko, etc...) As Kaleikuiha explained earlier, the ending shows that Naota has to be happy with life, and has to put up with Mabase before venturing into the real world. (Haruko tells Naota that he is too young to go to the stars @ the end and gives him the guitar)

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Furi Kuri is a great Anime. I love it and especially the fact that they play The Pillows all the time in the episodes.

FLCL is my favorite anime, i really love the manga-style in episodes 1 and 6.

I can watch it again and again and it's a real pleasure everytime.

My favorite scene :
When Mamimi meets Canti for the first time with the pillows' song "Hybrid Rainbow" in background.
- Lovely :)

FURI KURI IS MY FAVOURITE ANIME... IT HAS A PSICOLOGICAL BACKGROUND OBVIOUSLY OF GAINAX...

WHY DO YOU THINK THAT FURI KURI MEANS FOOLY COOLY..?

I SAW IT WITH SPANISH SUBS. AND THE MEANING THE FANSUBERS GIVE TO THE WORDS FURI KURI WAS OTHER...

WELLL. THE PILLOWS GIVE TO THIS ANIME THEIR BEST SONGS... I'M A BIG FAN OF THIS BAND AND I HAVE HEARD ALLL THEIR ALBUMS...

A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK THAT FLCL IS JUST A FUNNY ANIME, BUT DO YOU THINK THAT GAINAX IS GOING TO MAKE AN ANIME ABOUT NOTHING????

SEE YA...

man

yea flcl i watched again today.

pillows are cool my favorite song is i think i can and sleepy head

what is this bump on my ***

yeh.. pillows are really cool. i like Crazy sunshine and she's perfect. i dont think anyone mentioned those songs. holla

*nods* i likes the pillows... FLCL is cool overall too ... its not my favorite anime but its deffinitely one of the better ones ive seen ^_^

🙂

Originally posted by Shadow
FLCL is a good anime and it is waaaaayyyyy deeper than it looks. I find it quite philosophical~ I guess the storyline is a way of showing the difficulties that children has to go through in order to grow up.

The story revolves around Naota; trying to make everyone around him happy and to learn how to be himself (and not imitate others - his brother), and to find a way to get out of a world of lies (Mabase). Mabase is a metaphore that represents a world fill of lies and nothing is clear (the smoke from the factory covering the stars from the sky). The guitar means a way out for him (like baseball for his brother, Atomsk for Haruko, etc...) As Kaleikuiha explained earlier, the ending shows that Naota has to be happy with life, and has to put up with Mabase before venturing into the real world. (Haruko tells Naota that he is too young to go to the stars @ the end and gives him the guitar)

Thoughts?

Actually, I believe that FLCL was made NOT to make sense. It's just a funny and odd little story, that's crazy with action and other random things. RANDOM is the key word in FLCL. It's great though, I have all the eps. it's one of those animes that you can watch over and over again and notice something new each time. :)

"...those eyebrows..."

It's definetely in my top 5 favourites. Would be better if it was a little less crazy and had a little more emotion though, but that's never what it was supposed to be anyway.

Anyone else catch the quote AS put up? "FLCL is annoying. More annoying then Excel Saga. Sorry Excel Fans" I just think that, comparing it to excel saga, it actually has meaning, unlike the unknown excel storyline. Also, Serial Experiments Lain was too short, but still good. Aiya, Last two points. 1: I am building a replicate of the Vespa and 2: what was the sour drink always referred to in ep 1? or at least does it (or similar type) really exist?

Back
Top Bottom