What's new

Flags Help

Boongie

Kouhai
11 Feb 2020
Hello and Good Day. I recently saw these seven flags. Quite a bit to translate. Would anyone be able to comment if the characters appear to be written by different people? That would provide some guidance that these are authentic yosegaki hinomaru. Do any phrases stand out? Some of the flags are also marked with what I believe are shrine or temple seals on them. Do any of the flags appear to be replicas or fakes?
My thanks for any assistance.
Regards,
Steve

Attachments

• Flag 1.jpg
    Flag 1.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Flag 2.jpg
    Flag 2.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 109
  • Flag 2 stamps.jpg
    Flag 2 stamps.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Flag 3.jpg
    Flag 3.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Flag 3 stamp.jpg
    Flag 3 stamp.jpg
    751.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Flag 4.jpg
    Flag 4.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Flag 5.jpg
    Flag 5.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Flag 6.jpg
    Flag 6.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Flag 7.jpg
    Flag 7.jpg
    646.9 KB · Views: 110
My impression is also negative for both flags. The writers wrote kanji in wrong, strange stroke orders, and it suggests that they actually were not familiar with kanji.

My impression is also negative for both flags. The writers wrote kanji in wrong, strange stroke orders, and it suggests that they actually were not familiar with kanji.
Thank you very much for your assistance. In general, does the presence of shrine stamps tend to make yosegaki hinomaru have a better chance of being authentic?

This is related to your another thread, but the problem is that stamps can be made lately as same as writings. Also, if an authentic blank flag with an authentic stamp exists, people can make a plausible fake by writing signatures and slogans on it.

Back
Top Bottom