What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Fish lasagne or Stuffed fish

Haivart

先輩
Reaction score
Very easy. I call it a lasagne because it has layers (no pasta).

1 fish fillet cut in half (I've used both cod and Sawara)
Spread shiro miso on the underside of each half of the fish and place one of the halfs in a baking dish.
Place a layer of spinach (chrysanthemum leaves, greens) on one half. On top of that, place a mixture of onions and bell peppers. Put the other half on that (miso side down) and cover with daikon shavings. Put about 1/4 cup of water, sake/white wine in the bottom of the dish and place the whole thing in a 400 degree oven for 10-20 minutes.
Sprinkle with lemon juice if you like, when done.

Enjoy.

neko_girl22

先輩
Reaction score
sounds yum! Pity we don't have ovens in Japan - well not many people have them anyway. I miss ovens!! :(

Haivart

先輩
Reaction score
Hmmm. It might work in a donabe. I'll try it this weekend. Or maybe steamed. hmmm.

playaa

Dog Youkai
Reaction score
No ovens in Japan? Interesting lol.. Anyways none the less, sounds very good will have to try it.

kirei_na_me

Where I'm Supposed to Be
Reaction score
Yes, no ovens. They're just not needed, because Japanese food doesn't require the use of an oven. Plus, they take up valuable space. I would go crazy if I didn't have an oven, because I do a lot of baking.

playaa

Dog Youkai
Reaction score
Yeah, kind of a shocking change reach for the oven and pull a drawer(sp?) open in a J-style Home LOL! I can see the fun I am gonna have.

Top Bottom