What's new

First post

-j-

Registered
2 Mar 2006
Hi, I am new to the forums. I am very intrigued by the culture of Japan and I want to learn more about it. While I am now a senior in high school (17) I plan on going to Japan once I get a degree. I was looking into the NOVA and Jet groups to see if I can go there to teach and learn more about the culture. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me of some general knowledge sites or books to read. Unfortunately, I cannot speak japanese, but would like to learn when I go there, so that I will be able to "pick it up" quickly (I spent 2 weeks in Italy over the summer and picked up a bit of italian, which I have mostly forgotten). Thanks.

Hi J and welcome to JREf. (this is probably better off in the Member Intros section, just so you know. but I'm sure it'll be moved there by a mod soon, so don't worry...)

It's good to be looking that far into the future and having a sense of what you want to do. Don't forget that there are other alternatives, too, like ECC, AEON, GEOS... One nice site I've been visiting recently is: English Conversation Teachers and CIRs in Japan's Journal Good luck!

Oh, and this is a pretty good general knowledge site, so just stick around.

thanks, and yea i should be moved.. i should not of done this while half asleep. thanks for the site.

Hello and welcome! :) I have moved your thread to Member Introductions...

Also, if you have a read in the language learning section, there are some threads where people make recommendations about books and methods that are good for language learning. :)

:eek: kinsao is powerful now..btw i'm curious about the position! about advisor, and many others?

yes that section, and welcome to the forum :)

My advice is to read some of the posts in the 'all things' forum, and the practical forum. I think you'll find that, comming out of highschool with no Japanese language ability is probably not the best place to be when considering moving to a country whose language you do not speak and have never been to.

That's the 'honest' answer.

ps. welcome to jref ;)

well michael, the reason I would be going to japan in part is to learn that language, and it would still be four years from now. Part of the reason for joining this forum is that it will allow me to find out more about Japan. Thanks for the point in the right direction.

Welcome to Jref, enjoy your stay, and don't forget to bring in some beers sometimes... or cokes what you want.

Greetings from the Japan Alps -j- san !! I hope your dream comes true, that you can make it here, and get some work, and learn a lot about this part of the world.

I get occasionaly notices throught JALT (Japan Association of Language Teachers) about job openings which I try to pass on to those who may be interested, but it is usually for immediate openings, so they are hard to plan for. After you have come here, you will surely find all kinds of new things related to work schemes anyway.

Enjoy the forum, and post when you can !! See you 'round !!🙂

what does "hayaku atte dakiaitai" mean?

A significant one just wrote this to me at the end of her email, could anyone please help me understand what it means?:

"hayaku atte dakiaitai"

What would a good response be?
Arigato!
G

Back
Top Bottom