What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Finally!

kirei_na_me

Where I'm Supposed to Be
Reaction score
Okay, I finally got a GameCube. I know I'm probably the last one on Earth to get one, but anyway...

For some of you with the GameCube, I would like to have some game recommendations. Mario Sunshine came with the one I bought today and I also bought Luigi's Mansion. The store I went to was out completely out of Zelda! :(

So, if any of you could please give me some recommendations, advice, whatever, please do so.

(And no, don't tell me I should've gotten a PS2 :p)

jeisan

Kongming
Reaction score
i dont have a gamecube, got a ps2 :p but ive played several GC games. the bomberman game is fun for the verus modes since its old skool style, the story mode is ehh. also you should get soul calibur 2 in august when it comes out, its a fighting game the 1st one was really good. maybe tenchu 3 (you get to be a ninja :D) if its on GC im not sure if it is though. i guess it depends on what style games you and i assume your husband like. if you wanna tell me the genre i can prolly help out abit more.

kirei_na_me

Where I'm Supposed to Be
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice so far, jeisan! We like most all kinds of games. I'm more into adventure and role-playing type games. My husband is the same, but he also likes fighting games and some racing games.

Just tell me what games you think are best for the GC. I'm up for about anything! :p

And Luigi's Mansion is more difficult than I would've thought...

jeisan

Kongming
Reaction score
no nintendo system would be complete without mariokart. also maybe summoner, for an rpg. i always suggest rent before you buy just to make sure you dont waste $50 on something you dont like.

peipoh

後輩
Reaction score
beside all those console,,,do u guys play any online games like utopia???...

Reaction score
umm i rather liked Lost Kingdoms on the GC ^__^ i wouldn't really bother if Zelda WW if i were you, its not that it isn't good, its very good, its just so very easy. i have nearly finished it and i've not been playing long.

good storyline though :)

AviFunniBunni

後輩
Reaction score
I recommend Eternal Darkness. It's extremely good fun and scarry and you do have to think. Play it with your subwoffer turned on and the lights off. I gurantee you it's great.:)
Also Mario Party is great when you have 2 or more players.

Shinmeiryu

Sempai
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with the recommendation on Mario Party.

I also recommend Metroid Prime and definitely Ikaruga, probably the best jet shooter since Radiant Silvergun (Sega Saturn import).

Reaction score
Eternal Darkness did not scare me as much as people say! It is a good game, even though they got the name of the Roman Centurian wrong (if my memory serves me correct). That was my only problem hehe

Top Bottom