What's new

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Ma Cherie

Your Goddess is here
24 Mar 2004
Has anyone heard of the new Final Fantasy movie. It's the sequal to the game that takes two years after the meteor crisis. It's coming out on DVD if I'm not mistaken, but I have no clue on the U.S. release date. Has anyone heard any rumors on a release date? 👍

The version for the PSP will release in March 2005 according to the most recent reports I've heard. http://adventchildren.net is the addy for the site I use, I believe.

Not only is that the addy, through there you can get to the 4 minute TGS trailer that's on the official site.

Why do they look so different ?!?!!!!

Cloud doesn't look like cloud ... *cries*

But , I'm so happy for the fact of a "sequel" !! Finally the mystery of what happens later , will be revealed!!

Aeris is in the movie .. still as a mysterious appearance , and her face has not been shown in any trailer to the movie ....

There has been too many words about the man in the wheel chair , I have even submitted a theory about him at the advertchildren.net I too kinda think he is sephiroth (the most common thought to many) Only I think he is back alive with the mako energy of Aeris...
Some people think he is Rufus though , I KNOW for sure RUFUS have not died back in Midgar. But I don't want to think he is weak and on a wheelchair .. no .. not my beloved..
Anyway, it seems Vincent is also gonna have a keyrole in the movie , him connected to Sephiroth's birth and stuff , much more than it was like him being an optional character in the games..

And then there is sephiroth "I shall not become but a mere memory" I quote him .....

The directors say that "children" are gonna hold the key to the story. And so speaking , Marlene. But I still can't figure nothing out about that ..

Cloud's keitai denwa (mobile phone) aparrantly shown in the movie is out now in the markets, and there is a commercial for it of where cloud stands holding it .. oh no .. now he's a commercial boy .. *cries*

The movie should be out really soon!!! Everybody !! Stay tuned!!!!!

Theories

There are many theories about the person in the wheelchair. It's a possiblity that the man could be Sephiroth himself. Or Rufus, or even Professor Hojo. Who do you think the wheelchair person is?

I've always thought sephiroth.
But I read somewhere his goons proved it was Rufus or something to some people...

I stick by sephiroth...

Na, can't be Sephiroth, cuz I've seen too many pictures of him standing. Of course, I haven't seen the trailer, so if there's any possibility of him being in the wheelchair to fake something, feel free to correct me.

Anybody thought about it being Cloud? Maybe it's a kind of flashback from the game when he's all out of it, right before him and Tifa fall into the mako.

Suki-Yaki said:
Why do they look so different ?!?!!!!

I, personally, think Cloud and Sephiroth look AWESOME! Even cooler than in Kingdom Hearts!

Japanimaniac said:
Na, can't be Sephiroth, cuz I've seen too many pictures of him standing. Of course, I haven't seen the trailer, so if there's any possibility of him being in the wheelchair to fake something, feel free to correct me.

Anybody thought about it being Cloud? Maybe it's a kind of flashback from the game when he's all out of it, right before him and Tifa fall into the mako.

I, personally, think Cloud and Sephiroth look AWESOME! Even cooler than in Kingdom Hearts!
you're probably thinking of the sephiroth clone, the bad guy cloud seems to be up against in the movie.. he looks alot like sephiroth but isn't.. he's the one talking to the guy in the wheelchair..

there are no pictures of sephiroth standing (from the movie) out in rotation.

That's because he's the "shark" of the film. I'm pretty sure they mentioned that he DOES return at one of the film festivals it's been shown at.

Aahh...makes sense. Yeah, I've only seen pictures, so that's probably it. I'd watch the trailer, but my computer doesn't like to cooperate with that stuff. So, I'll just have to wait...-sigh-

I don't have a d/l'd copy of the TGS trailer (Square's been stingy with it) but if I find one I'll send it your way so you don't have to watch it streaming.

Japanimaniac said:

Cloud looks like a J-popie (namely gackt) especially in that sunglass scene

maybe that's why you like it.. :eek:

Not that I have anything against gackt *avoids gackt's fangirls angry looks*

But they are trying to change something in the characters' looks just to drag in some more fangirl type fans ... what the ..??

However I do agree they look better than in the kingdom hearts ..

FFAC seems to look more like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. That what I've noticed from the trailers. But no other than that, It looks absolutly beautiful. 👍

Speaking of Gackt there's supposed to be a video game out where he actually modled the character.

Anyway, I like the way they changed his looks a little, and it's for the graphics and the reality feel anyway. I like the way Cloud's hair is actually fluid, it has motion, like they did it strand for strand! Also Reno looks pretty awesome too, I definately like that change.

I can't wait for this movie..I've been waiting soo long..FF7's always been my favorite...best storyline and it always makes me cry when Aeris dies...I hope it comes out soon..did u guys hear about the other FF7 game coming out??...it takes place sometime after Advent Children and Vincent is the main character...I can't wait to see what it looks like...I always noticed that Gackt looks like Cloud..especially in the Vanilla video or whenever I see him with blonde hair..I think it looks awesomely hott..lol ^^..soo much like him 👍 :) 😌 😊

FF7 versions

Final Fantasy: DC (I call it that because I can't remeber how it's spelled) is the one that stars Vincent. I don't think it's going to be released in the U.S.

The other version is Final Fantasy: Before the Crisis, and I don't think it's going to be released here in the U.S. either.

And that SUCKS!!!

Ma Cherie is talking about Finla FAntasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus I believe

The game where Gackt was the model for the main character is Bujingai

It's for PS2. I want to play it badly but I don't own a PS2 so Mum won't let me buy it because their no point...It'a Gackt-sama though so...I want it...

I want to see Advent Children real bad. My boyfriend went to see a 20 minute preview of it at a Movie Convention and he said it was amazing...Sephiroth...looks...so super hotamazingkawaii! *pants heavy* Okay my little obessive thing is done. But anywho, I thought it was just coming out for DVD?

Final Fantasy VIII X The Spirit Within = Advent Children

Cloud looks kinda like a J-Pop artist, he's looks kinda Squall-ish, and it's quite clear on whom Squall was based on. Though if they want to do him like that, why not just use Squall instead? It's darn obvious that his character design was more suited to the style they're after in Advent Children.

Though if Cloud looked like Squall in Advent Children, does this mean that if Aerith appeared in Advent Children, she will look like Selphie or even Rinoa?

Anyway. I do admit that Cloud looks kinda cooler. But personally, I like my protagonist to look a little bit less cool and more of the average guy.

It should be noted that girls in contrary to what some thinks aren't into looks when they are into boys, but instead more on how they act and also their personalities.

I don't know on why though they choose Final Fantasy VII for the Advent Children storyline, considering that Final Fantasy VIII and/or The Spirit Within seems to be more inline with what Advent Children really is.

Maybe is it because due Final Fantasy VII's popularity?

Personally, if they are going to have a sequel game or even a sequel T.V. series, the whole storyline and styles of the Advent Children probably should be scrapped. Due to several reasons:

- It would become a limiting factor, this is the factor that caused previous main Final Fantasy stories to be a one shot deal only.

- Advent Children isn't exactly a Final Fantasy VII story, it looks more like a cross between Final Fantasy VIII and The Spirit Within.

As for the man on the wheelchair.

I haven't seen or known much about Advent Children and its trailers.

It could be anyone, ranging from Jenova, Lucretia, the planet/Earth, and even Aerith.

As for Cloud being the man on the wheelchair.

Well... Cloud did lose his consciousness after he was submerged at lifestream and then got wheelchair-ridden in Mideel.

But I don't recall of him being so mystique about it that everyone don't recognize that it is him, the people of Mideel don't recognize him because they don't know him.

As for Hojo.

As I recall, the team defeated (killed?) the Jenova mutated Hojo when they are trying to stop the Sister Ray back at Midgar. Of course, before the battle, Hojo told everything that he did to Sephiroth, Lucretia, and so on.

But it should be noted that Jenova has already taken control over Hojo because he experimented on himself by infusing the Jenova cells on himself. That mean that any being with the Jenova cell could basically impersonated itself as Hojo, much like it did with Sephiroth.

As for Rufus.

As I recall, when the Diamond Weapon attacked Midgar, a one (few?) of the attacks hit Rufus office and blowing it up.

The scene shown Rufus engulfed by the explosions in his office.

Then Rufus was pretty much Missing In Action and ShinRa was pretty much leaderless by then.

While there's a possibility that he could have survive, it's very slim, and he probably would be very severly injured. If he ever appear in Advent Children, it's possible that he would be very weak and might be one of the reasons the Turks (Tux?) are still together.

So it's quite possible that he was the man on the wheelchair.

As for Sephiroth.

Well... He become an enemy in Final Fantasy VIII due the fact that he's a puppet of Jenova.

If Jenova lost control over Sephiroth, then he will be no longer be an enemy, the real Sephiroth was actually a relatively nice guy. Of course, there're also clones of him created by Hojo, so... it isn't clear which Sephiroth is the actual Sephiroth.

Then there's another problem... was Jenova really gone at all?

After all, after the batttle at the center of the Earth, Cloud mentioned that the whole thing still isn't over yet, since that Jenova still got control over Cloud due the fact that Cloud was also infused with the Jenova cells. Then also this fact that, there are a LOT of people infused with the Jenova cells (ALL Soldiers for example are infused with the Jenova cells).

And also, the Settlers fought Jenova around a few thousands years ago, only to have its remains discovered thousands of years later by ShinRa.

It should be noted that Jenova came from outerspace, the Jenova on Earth (Final Fantasy VII's Earth) might not be the only one of its kind out there.

If there's going to be a sequel, it could be a good starting point for a sequel. Besides, do we really want to play the game with only the OLD world map?

As for Vincent.

Well... It's been a long time since I played Final Fantasy VII, but I think that some scenes kinda hinted Vincent was the father of Sephiroth. Though Hojo later on explained that Sephiroth was his seed and he created his clones due that he want Sephiroth to live forever or something like that, but then again, that's Hojo's claim.

Why do I get the feeling that Hojo look like a main character of a H game? He after all once try to cross breed Aerith and Red XIII / Nanaki. Not to mention by some strange reason is unresistable to girls.

Nevertheless, Vincent was in love with Sephiroth's birth mother Lucretia (and vice versa), and when Vincent heard that Sephiroth burned down Nibelheim and do other nasty stuff, he take it as if it's his fault. I wondered if it's because he was unable to stop Hojo from doing experiment on Lucretia (Vincent tried, only to get shot by Hojo and then was converted into a monster by him), or was it because he think that he was Sephiroth's father.

Sephiroth and Vincent seems to be the men that Lucretia loves (one is her son, the other is her lover), considering that Lucretia kept calling their names while she was in retreat behind the water fall. She even gave to Vincent his Ultimate Limit Break technique, Chaos.

As for the children.

Well... Advent Children about the coming of the children, could it be they are children created by the Earth? Or something else.

Due to my limited knowledge, I don't know if Marlene is going to be a big part of Advent Children.

But then again, near at the end of Final Fantasy VII, she and a lot of children of Kalm watching over the whole spectacle when the lifestreams converge at Midgar.

Though I wonder if Advent Children about all of the children of Earth (which might include ALL of the humans on Earth), all of the children just recently created by the Earth, or is it about a group of erabareshi kodomotachi. If it's the last case, it's no wonder that Cloud looked like Squall.

Frankly, I'm not really into of knowing of what happen next after the end of Final Fantasy VII, considering that what happen next probably would happen like the end of Transformers Beast Machines (where Cybertron and all of its inhabitants got reformatted and become technorganic). Though Advent Children might have provided a different alternative ending.

I think the reason they chose to make a sequal for VII is because it's really the only FF to date whose ending was widely open-ended (besides X, but that was already resolved with X-2).

It looks rather interesting, I find it strange that Square went back and realized their most popular FF of all time was Final Fantasy VII. So now, we get a movie, spin off games and such.

I could do without the new designs on some of the characters though...why did Tifa and Barret get changes is beyond me...

I haven't seen their changes...are they drastic??..I hope they haven't ruined their original look...

Back
Top Bottom