What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Learn Japanese with JapanesePod101.com

Final Exam (Part 2)

hirashin

Sempai
Donor
Reaction score
Dear native English speakers,
Here's the rest of the exam.
I'd appreciate it if you could help me.

問6 次の文を読んで、あとの問いに答えなさい。              [13点]
“The most important part of any city is its citizens," Lerner declared. "We must do whatever we can to make Curitiba a city that puts the needs of the people first." He began to carry ( 1 ) a series of progressive reforms. In the first of these, he had cars completely (a)[(ア)ban (イ)to ban (ウ)banned ] from the busiest downtown street,
(b)[(ア)who (イ)that (ウ)which] he made into a permanent pedestrian zone. His goal was to transform Curitiba ( 2 ) a walkable, car-free city and improve the ( 3 ) of life of its people.
Next, three sections of the pedestrian-only roadway were planted with flowers and trees and lined with benches. Coffee shops, florists, and newsstands began to open all along the street. As a ( 4 ), it became a pleasant and popular meeting place.
People from every ( 5 ) of the Curitiba city government worked together on this project, completing it ( 6 ) the summer vacation in only seventy-two hours. However, not (c)[ the / project /everyone / supported ]. When shopkeepers returned
( 7 ) their vacations, they got angry and claimed that the changes would ( 8 ) their business. This led to protests by the shopkeepers. Some of them decided to drive into“Flower Street," as it was now (d)[(ア)know (イ)knew (ウ)known], and turn it back into the roadway it had once been. But (e)[drive / they / to / when / tried ] into the street in their trucks, they found 400 children and their parents happily drawing pictures everywhere.

[1] (1)~(8)に当てはまる語を下の選択肢から記号で選びなさい。    [各1点 計8点]
ア)result イ)from ウ)out エ)hurt オ)into カ)quality キ)during ク)department

My answer 1ウ 2オ 3カ 4ア 5ク 6キ 7イ 8エ

[2]下線部(a),(b),(d)にあてはまる正しい語を選びなさい。[各1点 計3点]

My answer a ウ b ウ dウ

[3]下線部(c),(e)の語を正しい語順に並び替えなさい。[各1点 計2点]
My answer (c) everyone supported the project
(e) when they tried to drive

問7 次の文を読んで、あとの問いに答えなさい。              [13点]
The shopkeepers didn't stay angry for long. Those who had at first opposed Mayor Lerner's policy soon found that their sales were increasing. Far from (a)[ (ア)be  (イ)to be (ウ)being ] bad for business, Flower Street ( 1 ) their profits as more and more people began to come to this green and pleasant space. Shopkeepers from other parts of Curitiba, anxious (b)[(ア)repeat (イ)repeating (ウ)to repeat ] this ( 2 ) in their own areas, began to ask the mayor to create "Flower Streets" (c)[(ア)in (イ)at (ウ)on ] front of their shops, too.
(あ)As the original Flower Street was extended, it attracted larger and larger crowds of people. Now renamed November 15th Street, it has become a ( 3 ) of the city and is the pride of its citizens.
With this success behind him, Lerner turned to the problem of ( 4 ) transportation. The main street in Curitiba consisted (d)[(ア)in (イ)at (ウ)of ] three parallel highways. The mayor made the one in the center into a two-lane roadway for buses only. Then he had individual buses (e)[(ア)connect (イ)connects (ウ)connected ] to make longer buses that could hold up to 270 passengers each.

[1] (1)~(4)に当てはまる語を下の選択肢から記号で選びなさい。     [各1点 計4点]
ア)success イ)symbol ウ)improved エ)public
(1)ウ (2)ア (3)イ (4)エ 

[2] 下線部(a)~(e)の中で最も適切な語句を記号で選びなさい。   [各1点 計5点]
(a)ウ (b)ウ (c)ア (d)ウ (e)ウ

[3] 下線部(あ)の文を日本語に訳しなさい。 [3点]
元の花通りが延長されるにつれて(/従って)、それ(その通り)は、ますます多くの人を引き寄せた(/集めた/ひきつけた)。

[5] 上の文の内容と合っているものを一つだけ記号で選びなさい。 [1点]
(ア)The shopkeepers stayed angry at the mayor for a long time.
(イ)The mayor's idea of "Flower Street" was a success.
(ウ)November 15th Street is a different street from Flower Street.
(エ)The main street in Curitiba is for buses only.
My answer is イ

That's all.
Thanks in advance.
Hirashin

joadbres

八方凡人
Reaction score
Everything is fine here.

The sentence The mayor's idea of "Flower Street" was a success. could be worded a little more naturally, but doing so would make it longer and perhaps harder for your students to understand, so leaving it the way it is now is fine.

There are a couple of formatting issues:

- in the 問6 text, add a space before "Flower Street". Also, you use two different styles of quote marks around 'Flower Street' - one straight and one curly. These should be made the same.

- in 問7, change [5] to [4].

hirashin

Sempai
Donor
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your great help, joadbres.

Top Bottom