What's new

Feng Shui

Hidden_Wisdom

後輩
8 Dec 2003
I was wondering if anyone knows about or is currently studying "I Ching" or Hexagrams"?

If yes, I have currently Gain an interest in this particular subject,and i would like someone or a group to participate in studys and lessons.

I'm a Chi Kung master (seriously! In fact, I'm giving a healing treatment tomorrow) but I take Feng Shui with a grain of salt. If a person is having financial difficulties, he's not going to become rich just by putting a fountain in front of the house. It's also common sense to arrange your house/interior so that there's always fresh air and good circulation.

I dislike the way most Americans pronounce the term: Fung (rhymes with tongue) Schway.

It's not "Fung", but "Foon" as in Typhoon (Tai Foon "great wind"), meaning "wind".

"Shui" is like it's spelled: shu-i. Water. In Japanese, the "on-yomi" (the original Chinese) pronunciation of this Kanji would be "Sui". NOT "Sway"!

You can lead the Foon to the Shui but you can't make it understand.

Are you sure about the pronunciation, maybe this is the particular Japanese way to say it?

For what I know the pronunciation you suggested is farther away than the "American" way:
'f&[ng]-'shwE, -'shwA

This is from Merriam-Webster, my personal transcription:
f[schwa]ng sh-u[or w]-ay[as in bay, but shorter]
Sorry, don't know how to put the schwa in, but maybe that's what the "&" stands for, though what I learned is a bottom-up "e".

Hallo,
here are some links and info you might want to read

Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

Feng Shui is very much alive in Japan too, called fuu-sui, Wind and Water.
風水

Greetings from Japan
Gabi

Dr. Gabi Greve
Daruma Museum, Okayama, Japan

Join the Daruma Forum

Visit the Daruma Museum and Gallery
http://www.amie.or.jp/daruma/daruma-new1.html

Enjoy some Haiku Musings about Happiness

Have there been any scientific/academic studies into Feng Shui or I Ching? It'd be interesting if (like colour of walls, or music) arrangements of furniture had an effect on happiness or productivity. At the moment, at least here in Australia, most people think these practises are a load of bunkum/baloney, in which some opportunists are making a mint out of gullible people.
It'd be a shame if there were no convincing proof as yet...

The post is nice. Feng Shui traditions enlighten us that if you alter your environment to reflect your desire for something, you can increase your chances of obtaining it., This indicates that you can use Feng Shui techniques to attract love, drive your earning power to achieve success. Feng shui works because it changes your self expectations.
Art of placement is a comprehensive website providing life changing information to help you unlock the hidden keys to successful living using the ancient practice of Feng Shui.

Have there been any scientific/academic studies into Feng Shui or I Ching? It'd be interesting if (like colour of walls, or music) arrangements of furniture had an effect on happiness or productivity. At the moment, at least here in Australia, most people think these practises are a load of bunkum/baloney, in which some opportunists are making a mint out of gullible people.
It'd be a shame if there were no convincing proof as yet...
Indeed there are ongoing studies of this effect.
i do not yet have the permissions to post hyperlinks, but can tell you to go to Google Scholar and type in "psychological effects color environment"
you will recieve many academic results by real doctors and scientists.
Then you can make up your mind and the minds of Australians.

Although there are people who abuse and perpetuate their own greed in the field of Feng Shui, same thing happens in other fields such as Reiki and you'll find the odd cult groups in each religion. greed is greed.

I live in Australia, and although i dont study the fine details of Feng Shui like my mum and sister-in-law. i do believe in the practical side of it like keeping my room clean, with adequate lighting results in me feeling relaxed.

And to answer the thread question:
My sister-in-law studies Feng Shui, she has these really thick books by "Joey Yap" and says there is a lot to study. hope this helps
🙂

Layout of Yang Zai (Yang House/building) by Yang Gong fengshui

Layout of Yang Zai (Yang House/building) by Yang Gong fengshui
The main subject of Guo Pu and Yang Gong fengshui's theory is riding sheng Qi, it as per riding Dragon QI in deep side of earth and receiviving Tang Qi on the surface of earth., why? That is Because the surface of earth shifting and the man made for development,.for the all homestead, cause the development and spots of the internal Sheng Qi, then appeared the shape on the surface earth--------the Drogan vein had been lost. Hence there are two tasks of Yang House(building) for riding internal Dragon Qi and receiving external Tang Qi.
1. <zangshu. Original >( book of burial) said: the Sheng Qi is in deep earth , so we are invisible by our eye, how to know the movement of Sheng Qi?
Above—mentioned problem, You can view to the trend(outward,situation)of the earth, let me detail It now. for exmaple the DragonVenture ups and downs, movement, shifting and so on, if it is alike a walking horse ,then you can confirm that It collects ShengQi . the ancient masters In order to let the Sheng Qi collect together, meanwhile so as to let the moving Sheng Qi to stop, this method so called ツ"Fengshuiツ".
2. <zangshu. Original> (book of burial) said: exteral Qi collects internal Qi , water stops in- coming Dragon.
3. The Layout of inside for a house or building
A. General layout, for example apartment, factory, shop, super market and so on All of these buildings fit Yang Gong fengshui principl, also fit the degree of Yang Gong Fengshui theory firstly . later you can as per the aeration, light,sanitation, convenient etc elements to design and layout, but must accord with this require----ツ"collecting Sheng Qi , stopping shengQi spreding out, let the walking sheng Qi to shopツ". If want to do better fengshui effect ,you can do this, for example ,the master of a house ,the General-Manager of a factory, the boss of a shop and so on , design their desk or bed by fengshui theory, just doing this is ok..
B. If the envitonment of the building can't fit Yang Gong fengshui's principl, it just a little element fits yang gong fengshui principl, we must consider to these follow steps:
(1). Facing and sitting, for example the Watergate is Yichen\ Xun Si\ Bing Wu, so the watergate is water group. But if the huilding's facing and sitting is belong to fire or metal Draogn , so they are all not good , all in all , it is inauspicious. How to dispose the problem? The better mothed is that changing the facing and sitting as become water Dragon, if there is some difficulty to change in the engineering, so you can change as become wood Dragon. If there is still some important difficulty to change the building's facing and sitting as become wood group. At least you must design the bed or desk as the water or wood dragon.
For example again, if the watergate is xinxu,qian hai, renzi ,so it is belong to fire group, but the building's facing and sitting is belong to water Dragon. So it is not good. The better method is that changing the facing and sitting as become fire Dragon. In the case of there is some difficuty, you should change it as become metal Dragon, at leat you should design the desk and bed as become fire or metal dragon.
(2). Layout of Passage In an apartment . that is to say , the internal passage of those near rooms, If the passage forms a straight line, so it is good for airflow( aeration). But if do this , it will be formed a death angle in the inside of the room, the air can't flow very well, in this case we can use some method to solve the problem. For example design the door to avoid the death angle, ao as to Improve aeration .
ツ(3ツ)landscape aspect ; it points to the colout of the inside wall ,also include the Calligraphy and Paintingsツ,the layout of miniascape and so on. At first must satisfy to the master's require and favor ,if the master of the house likes white , so can select pink to paint the inside wall. All in all , comfortable and beautiful landscape is good for people's health and mood, otherwise ,the uncomfortable landscape brings people nervous and depressive mood.
4. The Layout of outside for a house; at first must avoid the ツ" external Qi spread everywhere, internal Qi stop producingツ".hence if has condition, select to plant many trees or build up a garden in the surrouding place . about the sanitation aspect, please mind of that shouldn't have any window in this direction, at least ,less window and door.
5. the layout of yang zai( house) is a large and complicated problem, generally speaking, as per the objective condition to dispose layout in different methods. Currently , there are many fengshui masters like to design stone lion at the front of house ,although stone lion can add stateliness, but this layout is just fited goverment buildings and temple ,not accord to the apartment( general house).

Back
Top Bottom