What's new

Favorite Video Game music

4 Nov 2010
Name your favorite tracks (or just the games). Hopefully this is original - it wasn't on the first page where it belongs, so I'm guessing it is.

Dance Dance Revolution - way too many to name. Half my Ipod used to consist of this.

Everything in Mystical Ninja , but specifically themes from Kai, Yamato, Omitsu, Sogen, Mutsu, and Impact. (/nerd moment)

Sonic Adventure - I remember this was the first game I played to ever have a live band playing the songs. It was such a brilliant thing. We all know and love the theme of Chaos, thunder-rain-and lighting, Open Your Heart by Crush 40. Also Windy Hill Zone - Windy Valley, Speed Highway - At Dawn.

Halo - Marty is awesome. His tracks for Halo 1 are what convinced me to begin piano a few years back.

Final Fantasy 8 - I don't think this game had even one bad track. Faye Wong's "Eyes On Me" is still one of my favorite songs of all time.

Silent hill - the music in these games almost scared me more than the monsters. Also, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn puts most singers to shame.

So many more! 🙂

justin, I have heard many great things about Silent Hill's soundtrack. I just heard a little bit of it and I have to agree.

I got carried away and began putting music that was not written by Japanese people when I mentioned Marty O'Donnell. Oops.

I don't play video games often, but when I still did I liked the music from the Final Fantasy series... (one of them is actually my alarm tune).

I also like Utada's kingdom hearts, even though I never actually played the game.

Theres a final fantasy song I like but I don't know specifically which ff it comes from. Utada's simple and clean from Kingdom Hearts also real good (Japanese version too) and also something that stuck with me for aaages was this tune from Grand Theft Auto 3, no one sings of it and I don't know the title, but when I got GTA through amazon all those years ago, it came with a music CD with that on it, it was so eerie and absorbing that it would send chills through my spine.

The best music I've heard in a game would definately be "NIER" The music is soooooo awesome I enjoy the game all the way~ :)

Let's see...

Bemani Soundtracks (Bemani covers most of my favourite Konami music games such as DDR (5th Mix), Pop'n Music (10), Beatmania (RED), etc)
Gitaroo Man
Sonic the Hedgehog Series (particularly Sonic 3&Knuckles: Sky Sanctuary Zone is probably my all time favourite zone tune - Loved Sonic R too)
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Super Frog
Earthworm Jim 2
Katamari Damacy
We Love Katamari
Silent Hill Series
Silhouette Mirage
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (Blows the socks off of "Elite Beat Agents")
Taiko Drum Master Series
Dynamite Headdy
Metal Gear Solid Series
Super Mario Series

.... argh, it's hard trying to remember them all lol. Here's some anyway. I love music games! ^_^

Edit: Haha I can't believe I forgot Pokemon!

i have so many but ill say the main menu theme from Worms: Armageddon.

I love that game!

[video=youtube;pncjDcveIfk]

and "Sudden Death 2", "Sudden Death" is when all worms get only 1 health and the water level rises, so you have to defeat the others quickly or find a higher place before you drown

[video=youtube;rU1kwjnVigg]

Last edited:
There are too many amazing pieces of music from games that really mean a lot to me. Way too many to list. I'll do a few with a simillar feel.

Mainly I love a lot of the stuff that comes from Japanese composers. Their music from games always usually contain such inspirational, emotional, and epic feelings. These for example, are from Kingdom Hearts, and are truly wonderful perfect masterpieces in my opinion.

[video=youtube;J2n9wlfdaZQ]

[video=youtube;dISNd0d8vPM]

[video=youtube;v9DDGibV9yU]

They all connect with me SO much. I am really grateful such things exist.

There are many, but I'll list just a few:
Final Fantasy (any of them)
Mario (any of them)
Sonic (any of them)
Legend of Zelda (any of them)
Chrono Trigger/ Chrono Cross
Castlvania (any of them)
Megaman (any of them)
Tetris
Pokemon (I'm a ****** for the R/B/Y and G/S/C music)
Battletoads pause music
Banjo kazooie

Anythi
Name your favorite tracks (or just the games). Hopefully this is original - it wasn't on the first page where it belongs, so I'm guessing it is.

Dance Dance Revolution - way too many to name. Half my Ipod used to consist of this.

Everything in Mystical Ninja, but specifically themes from Kai, Yamato, Omitsu, Sogen, Mutsu, and Impact. (/nerd moment)

Sonic Adventure - I remember this was the first game I played to ever have a live band playing the songs. It was such a brilliant thing. We all know and love the theme of Chaos, thunder-rain-and lighting, Open Your Heart by Crush 40. Also Windy Hill Zone - Windy Valley, Speed Highway - At Dawn.

Halo - Marty is awesome. His tracks for Halo 1 are what convinced me to begin piano a few years back.
Anything from ffvi, chrono trigger/cross are my faves. Tho I'm a ****** for persona 4 daytime town track :p

Generally RPG soundtracks for me.

Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy X
Star Ocean: Till The End of Time
Eternal Sonata (it is Chopin)

I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting. Sonic Adventure was pretty cool too.

Back
Top Bottom