What's new

Favorite Scene from a J-drama/J-movie?

Dogen Z

aka YOSUQUE
23 Apr 2007
What's your favorite scene from a J-drama or movie? Post it on this thread!

One of my fav scenes from a drama comes from Nodame Cantible, which is mentioned many times on the drama thread. Nodame, or Megumi Noda, is a lazy but talented music student at a prestigious music college. She doesn't like to practice and hates reading music, but can play brilliantly at times. There are many great scenes from this drama but this one stands out in my mind.

After listening to an orchestra rehearsal of Beethoven's 7th Symphony 1st movement, she goes back to her apartment and plays it completely on piano by ear--to the amazement/delight of the school's star pupil.

Last edited by a moderator:
A quite old thread. why is no one replying? I will!

The first scene that popped up in my head is from "Sekai no Tyuushin de Ai wo Sakebu" aka Sekatyuu (drama version). It is when all Aki's friends each received a tape which Aki recorded on this huge radio cassette player in comparison to her thin and ill body from cancer. Each of them listening to the sweet voice of Aki...o god I've watched the drama 10 times at least and just break down every time that scene comes around.

Gokusen 1

Gomen, gomen. I've been neglecting this thread because I thought no one was interested.
I haven't seen the scene you mentioned. "Crying Out from the Center of the World" seems like a heart wrenching movie. I need to be in a right mood to see that.

In the meantime, there are some funny movies/dramas with good scenes like Nodame Cantible above (too bad it was deleted.) Here are some good scenes from Gokusen I, in which the daughter of the head of an old-fashioned yakuza clan decides to become a teacher. She keeps her real identity a secret but is assigned to teach the worst class in the high school. (Some of the humor requires some knowledge of yakuza lore.)

[youtube]AkvZ7NAuH_Y&feature=related[/youtube]

ya Sekatyuu is one heck of a depressing (yet amazing) story. You gotta be ready to hit rock bottom emotionally when you decide to take on the drama. Whenever I need a good cry, haha, I turn to it because I know no matter how many time I watch it, I will cry.

Gokusen is another good drama. My favourite scene is from Gokusen 2 (could be 3...forgot), very beginning when Yankumi makes her grand speech on a rock with blue sky and ocean. And it turns out she was leading a kindergarten class hahahaha.

i chosed a scene from an early ep to avoid spoil, it the scence of My Boss My Hero where he writes his name in hiragana 榊真きお :)

Last Samurai

One of the most intense scenes from The Last Samurai was the ninja attack on the country village. This is not the exact scene but a clip of it edited to fit a Yoshida Brothers shamisen melody. It's good. (thumbs up!)

S-Oke from Nodame Cantible

In anticipation of the movie, another clip of Nodame Cantible. In this clip, Chiaki, who's usually a perfectionist control-freak, lets his group of misfit student musicians play in their own style in their first public performance. He even lets them wear their own concert t-shirts rather than formal attire. Needless to say, their teachers don't expect much from them. (Clip In Japanese)

For those who don't understand Japanese, an English subtitled but poorer visual quality clip is shown at this link.

Nobuta Wo Produce

Some of the best scenes in "Nobuta Wo Produce" are those where Akira (Yamapi) tries to hide the fact that he likes Nobuta (Maki Horikita) from her. The following clip is a good assemblage of such scenes.

But there's much more to the drama than this. If you haven't seen it yet, find it and watch it. It's great for the Christmas season. There's even a Christmas scene in it.

Back
Top Bottom