What's new

Favorite Inspirational Quotes

Satori

先輩
27 Aug 2003
(Please feel free to add any of your favorites to this thread)

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world." ~ Buddha

"Expect your every need to be met, expect the answer to every problem, expect abundance on every level, expect to grow spiritually." ~ Eileen Caddy

"Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon must inevitably come to pass." ~ Paul J Meyer

"Everything you can imagine is real." ~ Pablo Picasso

"As soon as you trust yourself you will know how to live." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The life we want is not merely the one we have chosen and made. It is the one we must be choosing and making." ~ Wendell Berry

"The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware." ~ Henry Miller

"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring." ~ Oscar Wilde

"The purpose of life is to increase the warm heart." ~ Dalai Lama

"Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them." ~ John Updike

"The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose." ~ Richard Leider

"You are only wealthy if you have something that money cannot buy." ~ Garth Brooks

"Prosperity is not just having things. It is the consciousness that attracts the things. Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just having money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things." ~ Eric Butterworth

"Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success." ~ Charles F. Kettering

"Apparent failure may hold in its rough shell the germs of a success that will blossom in time, and bear fruit throughout eternity." ~ Frances Ellen Watkins Harper

"Keep these concepts in mind: You've failed many times, although you don't remember. You fell down the first time you tried to walk. You almost drowned the first time you tried to swim. .... Don't worry about failure. My suggestion to each of you: Worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try." ~ Sherman Finesilver

"Trials, temptations, disappointments--all these are helps instead of hindrances, if one uses them rightly. They not only test the fibre of a character, but strengthen it. Every conquered temptation represents a new fund of moral energy. Every trial endured and weathered in the right spirit makes a soul nobler and stronger than it was before." ~ James Buckham

"Shallow men believe in luck, believe in circumstances--it was somebody's name, or he happened to be there at the time, or it was so then, and another day would have been otherwise. Strong men believe in cause and effect." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world." ~ Lucille Ball

"The world around you is deeply and madly in love with you." ~ Dan (delphizealot)

"I have found that if you love life, life will love you back." ~ Arthur Rubinstein

"It is never too late to become what you might have been." ~ George Eliot

"Learn that eternity is now, the future is now. There is no past or present or future as separate periods of time--all is within the soul's embrace now. It is your reaction to the now which is your future. Never look into the future and anticipate this, that, or the other, for to do so is to live in fear. Live today with God, and your future can hold nothing but joy." ~ White Eagle

"When you get to the end of all the light you know and it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly." ~ Edward Teller

"When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you." ~ Lao Tzu

"Anyone in a state of seeking can never be happy. Only those who are constantly finding are fulfilled. And finding is not something that happens to us--it is something we do." ~ Alan Cohen

"Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost. ~ Martha Graham

"Your decision to be, have and do something out of ordinary entails facing difficulties that are out of the ordinary as well. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else. ~ Brian Tracy

"No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it. We must learn to see the world anew." ~ Albert Einstein

"Anything you strive to hold captive will hold you captive and if you desire freedom you must give freedom." ~ Peace Pilgrim

"The reality of time exists only within us." ~ Chin-Ning Chu

"Only you can discover your gifts because only you know what you love." ~ Barbara Sher

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible." ~ Arthur C. Clarke

"Until you get dissatisfied, you won't do anything to really move your life to another level. Dissatisfaction is a gem. If you're totally satisfied, you're going to get comfortable. And then your life begins to deteriorate." ~ Anthony Robbins

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself." ~ Harvey Fierstein

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." ~ Mark Twain

"An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind." ~ Buddha

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." ~ Joshua J. Marine

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." ~ Albert Einstein

"There is only one journey. Going inside yourself." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

"There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so." ~ William Shakespeare

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocreminds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." ~ Albert Einstein

"By accepting one's own shadow one gives unconditional love to all beings. " ~ Vilayat Inayat Khan

"Develop an interest in life as you see it; the people, things, literature, music. The world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people." ~ Henry Miller

"The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it." ~ Marcus Aurelius

"If I could wish for my life to be perfect, it would be tempting but I would have to decline, for life would no longer teach me anything." ~ Allyson Jones

"The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself." ~ Mark Caine

"The future is simply infinite possibility waiting to happen. What it waits on is human imagination to crystallize its possibility." ~ Leland Kaiser

"Today I forgive all those who have ever offended me. I give my love to all thirsty hearts, both to those who love me and to those who do not love me." ~ Paramahansa Yogananda

"The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal. It can't be organized or regulated. It isn't true that everybody should follow one path. Listen to your own truth." ~ Ram Dass

"We need a renaissance of wonder. We need to renew, in our hearts and in our souls, the deathless dream, the eternal poetry, the perennial sense that life is miracle and magic." ~ E. Merrill Root

"Truly, it is in darkness that one finds the light, so when we are in sorrow, then this light is nearest to all of us." ~ Meister Eckhart

"We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them." ~ Kahlil Gibran

"Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. You can't get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you're doing. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover will be yourself. ~ Alan Alda

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." ~ Anais Nin

"Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life." ~ Leo Buscaglia

"It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble, how hopeless the outlook, how muddled the tangle, how great the mistake. A sufficient realization of love will dissolve it all." ~ Emmet Fox

"To be nobody but myself in a world which is doing its best, night and day to make me the same as everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight and never stop fighting." ~ E.E. Cummings

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." ~ Coco Chanel

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters." ~ Epictetus

"Transformation is not about making ourselves better but about allowing ourselves to become who we truly are." ~ Amrit Desai

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself." ~ Wayne Dyer

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." ~ Oscar Wilde

"Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes time. Vision with action can change the world. A true leader must first see an idea as opportunity, then choose to act upon it." ~ Joel Barker

"Every challenge we face can be solved by a dream."
~ David Schwartz

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." ~ William James

"Better indeed is knowledge than mechanical practice. Better than knowledge is meditation. But better still is surrender of attachment to results, because there follows immediate peace." ~ Bhagavad Gita

"Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity. ~ Carl Jung

"Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself, and asks nothing beyond itself. Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise." ~ Marcus Aurelius

"If there is light in the soul, there will be beauty in the person. If there is beauty in the person, there will be harmony in the house. If there is harmony in the house, there will be order in the nation. If there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the world." ~ Chinese Proverb

"If you expect nothing, you're apt to be surprised. You'll get it." ~ Malcolm S. Forbes

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." ~ Albert Einstein

"Love is a force that connects us to every strand of the universe, an unconditional state that characterizes human nature, a form of knowledge that is always there for us if only we can open ourselves to it." ~ Emily H. Sell

"Often people attempt to live their lives backwards: they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then, do what you need to do, in order to have what you want." ~ Margaret Young

"Success is 99 percent failure." ~ Soichiro Honda

"The superior man... does not set his mind either for or against anything, he will pursue whatever is right. The superior man thinks of virtue, the common man of comfort." ~ Confucius

"When I chased after money, I never had enough. When I got my life on purpose and focused on giving of myself and everything that arrived into my life, then I was prosperous." ~ Dr Wayne Dyer

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act but also dream, not only dream but also believe." ~ Anatole France

"Worry is holding in your mind that which you don't want to happen. Remember: If you think it is and it isn't, it will become an is even though it isn't." ~ Author Unknown

"Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit." ~ Napoleon Hill

"As soon as you start to pursue a dream, your life wakes up and everything has meaning." ~ Barbara Sher

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." ~ E. E. Cummings

"Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy." ~ Anthony Robbins

"The greatest failure is the failure to try." ~ William Arthur Ward

"No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings." ~ William Blake

"The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right questions." ~ Claude Levi-Strauss

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

"Great beauty, great strength, and great riches are really and truly of no great use; a right heart exceeds all." ~ Benjamin Franklin

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible." ~ Arthur C. Clarke

"The greatest problem you have is your greatest opportunity." ~ Michael Wickett

"Be bold with your dreams. Nurture the dreams that inspire you to go beyond your limits." ~ Author Unknown

"You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." ~ Buddha

:)

Bruce Lee

"Water is insubstantial. By this I mean you can not grasp hold of it. You can not punch it and hurt it. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow and it can crash...be water,my friend."

Bruce Lee quotes:

True Refinement Seeks Simplicity

Knowledge Will Give You Power, But Character Respect

Optimism Is A Faith That Leads To Success

Pessimism Blunts The Tools You Need To Succeed

Character Is To The Soul What Outward Appearance Is To The Body

A Man Is Born To Achieve Great Things If He Has The Strength To Conquer Himself

It's Not What You Give, It's How You Give It

A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question Than A Fool Can Learn From A Wise Answer

You Can Aquire A Lot In Life, If You Are prepared To Give Up A Lot To Get It

Those Who Are Unaware They Are Walking In Darkness Will Never See The Light

If You Want To Do Your Duty Properly, You Should Do Just A Little More Than That

Real Living Is Living For Others

Becoming A Human Being Is An Act

It's The Will That Makes Men - Success Takes Perserverance

A Goal Is Not Always Ment To Be Reached, It Often Serves Simply As Something To Aim At

Yesterday's Dreams Are Often Tomorrow's Realities

If You Don't Want To Slip Up Tomorrow, Speak The Truth Today

Self Education Makes Great Men

Mistakes Are Always Forgivable, If One Has The Courage To To Admit Them

If You Think Something Is Impossible, You'll Make It Impossible

If You Make An *** Off Yourself, There's Always Somebody Ready To Ride You

If You Love Life, Don't Waste Time, For Time Is What Life Is Made Up Of

Patience Is Not Passive, On The Contrary It Is Concentrated Strength

It was obvious to the master from the start of the conversation that the professor was not so much interested in learning about Zen as he was in impressing the master with his own opinions and knowledge. As the Zen teacher explained, the learned man would frequently interrupt him with remarks like, "Oh, yes, we have that too..." and so on. Finally, the Zen teacher stopped talking and began to serve tea to the learned man. He poured the cup full, then kept pouring until the cup overflowed. "Enough!" the learned man once more interrupted. "The cup is overfull, no more will go in!" "Indeed, I see," answered the Zen teacher. "Like this cup, you are full of your own opinions and speculations. If you do not first empty your cup, how can you taste my cup of tea?"

more Bruce Lee

The consciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action. There is no fixed teaching. All I can provide is an appropriate medicine for a particular ailment.

The aim of art is to project an inner vision into the world, to state in aesthetic creation the deepest psychic and personal experiences of a human being. It is to enable those experiences to be intelligible and generally recognized within the total framework of an ideal world.

Art is an expression of life and transcends both time and space. We must employ our own souls through art to give a new form and a new meaning to nature or the world. "Artless art" is the artistic process within the artist; its meaning is "art of the soul".

The art of Jeet Kune Do is simply to simplify. Jeet Kune Do avoids the superficial, penetrates the complex, goes to the heart of the problem and pinpoints the key factors. Empty your cup that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality.

When there is freedom from mechanical conditioning, there is simplicity. The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow - you are not understanding yourself.

Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. Awareness has no frontier; it is giving of your whole being, without exclusion.

A Jeet Kune Do man faces reality and not crystallization of form. The tool is a tool of formless form. Self-expression is total, immediate, without conception of time, and you can only express that if you are free, physically and mentally, from fragmentation.

The Jeet Kune Do man should be on the alert to meet the interchangeability of opposites. As soon as his mind "stops" with either of them, it loses its own fluidity. A Jeet Kune Do man should keep his mind always in the state of emptiness so that his freedom in action will never be obstructed.

Jeet Kune Do, ultimately, is not a matter of petty technique but of highly developed personal spirituality and physique. It is not a question of developing what has already been developed but of recovering what has been left behind. These things have been with us, in us, all the time and have never been lost or distorted except by our misguided manipulation of them. Jeet Kune Do is not a matter of technology but of spiritual insight and training.

The tools are at an undifferentiated center of a circle that has no circumference, moving and yet not moving, in tension and yet relaxed, seeing everything happening and yet not at all anxious about its outcome, with nothing purposely designed, nothing consciously calculated, no anticipation, no expectation - in short, standing innocently like a baby and yet, with all the cunning, subterfuge and keen intelligence of a fully mature mind.

more Bruce Lee

"Using no way as way; having no limitation as limitation."

"All types of knowledge ultimately leads to self-knowledge."

"I am clever because I know the cause of my ignorance.."

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply; Willing is not enough, we must do.it "

"A martial artist is like water ,be flexible and adaptable to your opponent.."

"Man the living creature ,the creating individual , is always more important than any established style or system.."

"To me, ultimately ,martial arts means honestly expressing yourself."

"I cant teach you,only help you to explore yourself ,nothing more.."

Originally posted by Satori
Thanks, Dream Time! I LOVE Bruce Lee and have several of his books. 😄

you welcome!

I know there are some people who thinks Bruce Lee was just a martial artist who only knows how to throw punches and kick like 'hi ya!'
some just never realized he was also a philosopher 👍

I loved the quotes too, Dream Time. Bruce Lee was really a brilliant man who had great depth(beautiful too *sigh*). I'm really glad you posted the quotes.

Satori & DreamTime - thanks for posting those, i really enjoyed reading them! ;)

and yes, Bruce Lee was amazing!

Originally posted by Satori

"Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement. One fails forward toward success." ~ Charles F. Kettering

"Apparent failure may hold in its rough shell the germs of a success that will blossom in time, and bear fruit throughout eternity." ~ Frances Ellen Watkins Harper

"Keep these concepts in mind: You've failed many times, although you don't remember. You fell down the first time you tried to walk. You almost drowned the first time you tried to swim. .... Don't worry about failure. My suggestion to each of you: Worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try." ~ Sherman Finesilver

"Success is 99 percent failure." ~ Soichiro Honda

"The greatest failure is the failure to try." ~ William Arthur Ward

":)

these quotes reminds me of a Chinese saying

"Failure is the mother of success."

"if your ever satisfied the games over"- James Hetfield

this one is kind of funny amoung me and my freinds because one of my best freinds cut his finger off (accidently) recently
"sometimes you must lose a finger to save the hand"-chinese proverb

and one my of my personal favortie quotes
"noone can tell you to turn down your amp unless there of higher skill in your band"

Some more of my favorite quotes:

- "We cannot live for ourselves, our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibres, our actions run as causes and return to us as results." (Herman Melville)

- ツ。ツァWe cannot escape history. We will be remembered in spite of ourselves.ツ。ツィ (Abraham Lincoln)

- ツ。ツァWe ourselves forge the chains that bind us.ツ。ツィ (Charles Dickens)

- ツ。ツァThe struggle against power is the struggle against forgetting.ツ。ツィ (Milan Kundera)

- ツ。ツァEvery single man is a new thing in the world and is called upon to fulfill his particularity in this world.ツ。ツィ (Martin Buber)

- Death does not concern us because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.. Epicurus (341-270)

- ツ。ツァIt is the journey of discovery that makes us human.ツ。ツィ

- "Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music." (Sergei Rachmaninov)

- "Success is not measured by what you've done compared to others, but compared to what you're capable of doing." (Zig Zigler)

Here are some more. By the way, if anyone knows who the author is for some that are listed as "author unknown," please feel free to tell me and I will correct them.

"As long as a man's inner nature remains stronger and richer than anything offered by external fortune, as long as he remains inwardly superior to fate, fortune will not desert him." ~ I Ching

"He who knows others is wise; he who knows himself is enlightened." ~ Lao Tzu

"Creation is only the projection into form of that which already exists." ~ Shrimad Bhagavatam

"Be really whole and all things will come to you." ~ Lao Tzu

"When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate." ~ C.G. Jung

"Trust in yourself. Your perceptions are often far more accurate than you are willing to believe." ~ Claudia Black

"Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how. The moment you know how, you begin to die a little. The artist never entirely knows. We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark." ~ Agnes de Mille

"Do not fear mistakes. There are none." ~ Miles Davis

"Money will come when you are doing the right thing." ~ Mike Phillips

"Always leave enough time in your life to do something that makes you happy, satisfied, even joyous. That has more of an effect on economic well-being than any other single factor." ~ Paul Hawken

"Look and you will find it--what is unsought will go undetected." ~ Sophocles

"All the arts we practice are apprenticeship. The big art is our life." ~ M.C. Richards

"We will discover the nature of our particular genius when we stop trying to conform to our own or to other people's models, learn to be ourselves, and allow our natural channel to open." ~ Shakti Gawain

"Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace, and power in it." ~ Goethe

"What I am actually saying is that we need to be willing to let our intuition guide us, and then be willing to follow that guidance directly and fearlessly." ~ Shakti Gawain

"Every time you don't follow your inner guidance, you feel a loss of energy, loss of power, a sense of spiritual deadness." ~ Shakti Gawain

"Undoubtedly, we become what we envisage." ~ Claude M. Bristol

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Life the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed." ~ C.G. Jung

"We have been taught to believe that negative equals realistic and positive equals unrealistic." ~ Susan Jeffers

"It always comes back to the same necessity: go deep enough and there is a bedrock of truth, however hard." ~ May Sarton

"You need to claim the events of your life to make yourself yours." ~ Anne-Wilson Schaef

"Passion in your heart, integrity in your soul." ~ Robert Mondavi

"Deal with the faults of others as gently as your own." ~ Chinese proverb

"All you need is enough money to say no." ~ Katherine Hepburn

"Stress is resistance to what is." ~ Buddha

"The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it." ~ Author unknown

"How ironic that we pay other people to dance, when we should be dancing; to sing, when we should be singing." ~ Edward Weston

"Desire is adopted as a pain killer. Every desire is an attempt to evade the unknown." ~ Author unknown

"The healing mind cannot hold two opposing thoughts at the same time. If you hold a positive thought, you cannot hold a negative one." ~ Author unknown

"I am not a teacher, but an awakener." ~ Robert Frost

"Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself." ~ Richard Bach

"Live never to be ashamed if anything you do or say is published around the world--even if what is published is not true." ~ Author unknown

"This world and everything in it are illusions! It's all illusions!" ~ Author unknown

"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof." ~ Author unknown

"I have evolved past anything that threatens me." ~ Ray Luca

"A ship is safe in harbor--but that's not what ships are for." ~ Author unknown

"Confusion is the result of attempting to cling to illusion in the face of what you are seeing to be true for you. If you will continue to look, the confusion will give way to clarity. And the clarity is compassion." ~ Author unknown

:)

And this is for Dream Time. Someone just posted this image on another forum of Bruce Lee meditating, and I thought it was rather coincidental, considering you had just posted many of his quotes.

Ka Kui Wong

"Life is not about what you've gained, but what you've done"

"When I get old someday, if someone tells me that he grew up listening to my music,then I will be satisfied."

from his famous song 'as boundless as the sea and sky':
"how many times,facing cold eyes and laughters,never gave up the dream from my heart"

- "I cannot praise a fugitive and cloistered virtue, unexercised and unbreathed, that never sallies out and sees her adversary, but slinks out of the race where that immortal garland is to be run for, not without dust and heat. -John Milton

-"'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,' - that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know. - John Keats

"First you master your instrument, then you master the music, then you forget about all that...and just play."-Charlie Parker

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."-James Dean

"I also became close to nature, and am now able to appreciate the beauty with which this world is endowed."-James Dean

""The gratification comes in the doing, not in the results."-James Dean

I just wanna say im glad that everyone who has been active with this thread has given something from themselves,its always good to read and know who your talking with,Im sorry i have no quotes at the moment but i did enjoy all of yours. Great day

"Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads."

"It only takes one person to change your life--YOU"

"Fear is only an illusion. It is the illusion that creates the feeling of seperateness---the false sense of isolation that exists only in your imagination"

"Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads."

"It only takes one person to change your life--YOU"

"Fear is only an illusion. It is the illusion that creates the feeling of seperateness---the false sense of isolation that exists only in your imagination"

I like this thread. I am a quote collector too. 👍 Got a notebook full of em. Sorry if some have appeared before. :sorry:

Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater. - Albert Einstein

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough. - Albert Einstein

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor. - Albert Einstein

In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in an clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth. - Mahatma Gandhi

Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it. - Confucius

Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses. - Confucius

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes. - Confucius

The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. - Carl Jung

More next time... 👍

Back
Top Bottom