What's new

Fav J-rock artist/band?

25 Nov 2004
Favorite Jpop singer

Hey all!
I have been learning japanese for a few months now and I have started getting into the music. I dont know many japanese artists and I was wondering if anyone could point me in a good direction with the music
thanks!
ja ne

Everything that discribes Gackt-sama.
👍 He's good!
😊 He's cute and adorable at times.
:D He's funny!
👍 He makes you want more!
:sing: He can sing!
:smoke: He smokes which is sexy for once...
😍 You'll love him for ever and ever! Wheee!
😎 Whoot whoot go Gackt! (Random)
🕺 He can dance! Hahahahaha!

In JPOP, I'd have to say Kotani Kinya. He's amazing!

As for JROCK, HYDE!!!!!!!

And no...I'm not obsessed...xD

Nightwalker said:
Everything that discribes Gackt-sama.
👍 He's good!
😊 He's cute and adorable at times.
:D He's funny!
👍 He makes you want more!
:sing: He can sing!
:smoke: He smokes which is sexy for once...
😍 You'll love him for ever and ever! Wheee!
😎 Whoot whoot go Gackt! (Random)
🕺 He can dance! Hahahahaha!

-raises eyebrow at last one-

wow that was quick...
thanks all
i am gonna have to try gackt hyde and kotani kenya
does anyone have any other suggestions
just because they're your favorites doesnt mean they are the only good ones right?
lol
o and btw mine is utada hikaru^^
thanks again!
ja ne

Alrighty hmmm...how about SMAP. I think that's how you spell it. Buck-Tick ain't too bad too but I think their J-rock.

JPOP:
Nakashima Mika
GLAY (although they're JRock too)

JROCK:
Dir en grey
Nightmare
D'espairsRay
L'Arc~en~Ciel
hide
X Japan (be careful though! They have some SERIOUSLY DEPRESSING songs!)
Pierrot
Art-School
Asian Kung-fu Generation
Tetsu69
Acid Android
Sons of All Pussies (or S.O.A.P.) xD

Does that help any? Sorry I don't know more pop. I don't quite like it as much. :sorry:

Jpop: Asian Kung Fu Generation, Orange range, Gackt, not Jpop but i like BoA

Jrock: Dir en Grey, Psycho le Cemu, Malice Mizer, Miyavi, Moi Dix Mois, (not jrock) Silver Ash

Ahhh...So THAT'S what Orange Range is! I had NO idea what they were. Well, okay, I knew it was either rock or rap/rock/whatever, but yeah...I'll just shut up now... 😌

Ahhh...I see...And, umm, you spelled Psycho le Cemu like Psycho le Semu, so you might want to change that for him/her, since he.she probably doesn't know them and whatnot... 😌

for jpop I have to add V6 and Arashi...I also think you'd like the music from Gravitation...all their music is really good..you should also try Kpop..its soo awesome ^^

Camui said:
for jpop I have to add V6 and Arashi...I also think you'd like the music from Gravitation...all their music is really good..you should also try Kpop..its soo awesome ^^

Gravitation...? You mean the anime, right? If so, then that's Kotani Kinya... 😌

forkagentsmith said:
does anyone like puffy amiyumi? lol i think the show is cool but what about music wise?
lol
ja ne

Umm...I haven't heard much from them, but some of their songs were the first Japanese music I've ever listened to. I don't find them particularly bad though from what I've heard.

forkagentsmith said:
does anyone like puffy amiyumi? lol i think the show is cool but what about music wise?
lol
ja ne
Ummm no. I really don't like them. I find their music boring. >_< Grr they make me mad!

They are so kyute but Nightwalker is right..It is kind of boring...

Shinohara Tomoe, Chara, Chakka, Love Psychodelico, Psycho le Cemu, Dir en grey, D'espairs Ray, Kagerou, Kagrra, etc...

I don't know just something about the singers music. It all has like the same beat to me and it's just so long going. In my opinion there are MUCH better artist out there other than those two.

Back
Top Bottom