What's new

Facial Expression Question

11 Jun 2003
I was watching Ayu's new video, and at the end it shows her doing this facial expression....

I saw this somewhere around this Forum somewhere, but I forgot what it means. What does it mean again?
Thank you S!

"akan be----" is the ulimate insult in Japanese. but .... it's still not as powerful as swearing in English. It's just funny.

hmmm is this something "special" in japan? ..

dont they have as much "bad" language as other countries have?

Originally posted by Punk 窶堙固坦窶堙姑陳哉鍛ニ谷ツー
I was watching Ayu's new video, and at the end it shows her doing this facial expression....

I saw this somewhere around this Forum somewhere, but I forgot what it means. What does it mean again?
Thank you S!

jep - i thought so ... cause this would be just normal here *gg*

thats not even something bad ... just a little funny :)

It's something my hubby still can' t get his head around - when or when not to use swear words in English! (I tell him, why not don't use them at all......)

Japanese just don't insult people the same way. There are three types of swearing

Profanities (using clergical vocabulary to swear)
Obscenities (using biological vocabulary to swear)
Curses (actually wishing bad things to the person your swearing against)

Curses are the more common in the Japanese language, but they are not as vastly used as profanities and/or obscenities in English...

whoa!

i've seen that gesture in many of my anime, some japanese movies and a few other places, but i've only ever seen children doing it. is it a more childish insult...?

Yesturday was watching the Christmas Love Hina movie and Naru did that same expression to Keitaro. I see it a lot in other Animes as well.

Back
Top Bottom