What's new

English to Japanese help

soopadook

後輩
29 Jun 2013
Hey guys, I have quite a bit that I need help with. I'm working on a Japanese project, and I'm writing stuff but I'm not exactly sure how to say all of it. The project is about Kendo. I would really appreciate it if a person more experience with the Japanese language could help me out a bit in my translation!

1. The first thing I need to say is this: "...such as table tennis, baseball, or, of course, sumo wrestling." I know how to list things and how to say "such as", but im not sure how to say "of course".

2. "However, there is no sport as Japanese as Kendo." I know how to say "however", but im not sure how I would say "no sport as japanese as".

3. "...known for intense hard work and determination required to play it." This one has me stumped. There has to be an easier way to translate this.

4. "...continuing traditional samurai sword techniques." I reference Kendo earlier in the sentence, how would I say "continuing [x]"?

5. "At this time" I'm not sure what the Japanese expression for this is. by "At this time" I do not mean "at the present moment", but I mean it like this: "Kendo was in its early stages in the early 18th century. At this time, samurai were considered..."

6. "After years of development, ..." I'm beginning a sentence with this.

7. "To this day..." What is the Japanese expression for this?

Thank you all very much for your help!!

It would help a lot if you showed your efforts thus far. Also, as a general thing, when doing something like this it can help to rephrase the original into something that more closely matches your own current abilities. Is this homework?

Back
Top Bottom