What's new

Electronic English - Japanese Dictionary / Translator

Elgin

先輩
23 Oct 2003
I'm thinking of buying one of these but which one is the best?

I saw this one:

IDC310 IDC-310 Canon Wordtank Electronic Dictionary -- 4 Dictionary Compact Version

Number in stock: 3 Weight: 120 g. Price: $120.00

Product type: Canon Wordtank Electronic Dictionary

Among students of the Japanese language, the Canon Wordtank is is famous as the very best way to study Japanese. This is the sleek and stylish ICD-310, an incredibly advanced electronic dictionary which packs an unbelievable amount of studying power into a tiny space. A great item for anyone who wants the compact size and affordability of
Canon's entry level model!

This is the handy IDC-310, Canon's advanced compact unit. Features include:

-A full J-E and E-J dictionary system with 60,000 English-Japanese entries and 47,000 Japanese-English entries
-Features Japanese-Japanese dictionary, for learning Japanese meanings in Japanese, the recommended way to learn
-Great feature! Features a full kanji dictionary for looking up Chinese characters by pronunciation, stroke number or radicals
-Features full English menu mode, so you can display all text and menus in English
-"Wild card" feature gives you the ability to save words for later study and quiz yourself on those words
-Calculator and world clock built in, with alarm
A full "word challenge" quiz game built in with 4 difficulty levels
-History feature -- see what words you've looked up
-Included lithium batteries give 16 months of power -- easily replaceable
-Great feature! "Jump" allows you to jump between dictionaries, and highlight an English vocabulary word or kanji to look it up instantly in one of the other dictionaries
-Compact size, s 3 1/2 x 2 1/4 x 3/4 inches (9 x 6 x 2 cm)
-Full instruction manual (Japanese) included, with an English translation of the manual available by download.

It doesn't seem that bad even though its racist :p, to bad it doesn't carry the voice menu that you can just say the word and it finds you the translation.

If anyone knows a better machine can you please post it.

Hey, is this thing in English. Like I just started learning Katakana and Hiragana. By the time I get this though, I will know it. So do you reccomend this? And where can I order it?

wordtanks... so good... but soooo costly... need wordtank...

I'm thinking of becoming a television evangelist to pay for one, it's not like any of the other tele-evangelists believe in god either anyway...

JESUS THE LORD SAVES! HALLELULEJA!

TwistedMac said:
wordtanks... so good... but soooo costly... need wordtank...

I'm thinking of becoming a television evangelist to pay for one, it's not like any of the other tele-evangelists believe in god either anyway...

JESUS THE LORD SAVES! HALLELULEJA!

Are you familiar with the song "Preachin' Blues" by Son House?

"I'm gonna get me religion, I'm gonna join the Baptist church
I wanna be a Baptist preacher, so I won't have to work"

mikecash said:
Are you familiar with the song "Preachin' Blues" by Son House?

"I'm gonna get me religion, I'm gonna join the Baptist church
I wanna be a Baptist preacher, so I won't have to work"

Wow, I resent that. I am Baptist. Wow you are a man of your faith, oh wait you don't have any. You know that's what's wrong with the world, people like you. It's not even funny, joking or not. But it's ok. Just know that I pray for you! ^^

Back
Top Bottom