What's new

E-mail in Japan - Please help!!!

blackorchid

yumemiteiru onnanoko
15 Mar 2004
I am hosting a japanese exchange student, who would like to e-mail her parents. Her email address ends [email protected]
How can i get to this server from my computer to let her e-mail her parents?!
If you can help me, it would me much appreciated! thx much!!!

If All Else Fails - A Very Simple Solution !!!

Just have her folks join this Forum!! It's simple to sign
up and doesn't cost anything(donations opptional). Then they can use the PM function to talk to each other. If you don't want your exchange student using your Forum password, Just get them a seperate E-mail account and they can join the Forum with their own password and user name. The Forum is on 24 hours a day and even has the Japanese section for the parents to enjoy. It will be a great deal for all!!

Frank
:giggle:

I am afraid that your student will most likely be unable to connect to that server to get email. However, you may be able to connect to that POP3 server and get the messages sent to the copy of Microsoft Outlook on your computer. Check with someone at a local computer repair shop. Basically, you would set up your computer as a quasi-email-server, have the email sent to your server (computer), then use Microsoft Outlook to view the email.

The best thing, however, is to have the student open a yahoo.com or hotmail.com account and use that. Much easier.

Overall, I don't think it's a good idea to collect POP based mail on another person's computer. Stick with online interfaces where person just logs in to view/send mail, and the mail doesn't get downloaded to the computer.

maybe have her sign up for a free japanese web based email account, yahoo japan for example. she can then use that email her parents.

Frank D. White said:
Just have her folks join this Forum!! It's simple to sign
up and doesn't cost anything(donations opptional). Then they can use the PM function to talk to each other. If you don't want your exchange student using your Forum password, Just get them a seperate E-mail account and they can join the Forum with their own password and user name. The Forum is on 24 hours a day and even has the Japanese section for the parents to enjoy. It will be a great deal for all!!

Frank
:giggle:

*agrees* 👍

Back
Top Bottom