What's new

Dumb Things You've Done

Falling in love---dumbest thing i have ever done. yet at the same time it was the best thing i ever did. its hard to explain so i wont evn try. it confuses me too.......... :mad:

x2468 said:
Falling in love---dumbest thing i have ever done. yet at the same time it was the best thing i ever did. its hard to explain so i wont evn try. it confuses me too.......... :mad:

I'm with you; partly.

Its hardly the best thing one can do, but definately one of the worst things that can happen to one.

x2468 said:

Hey, I understand that one perfectly!! "Been there, done that" myself!! :)

Hm, that's a hard one, really too many too list, but the most recent dumb thing I have done was... At my school's Prom they had this fold out table that had like hundreds of cups and 1,2, & 3 liter coke bottles on it where everyone got their drinks, well when they were announcing Prom King and Queen (crowd is very silent and paying attention towards the runway), I lean up against the table with my hand on top of it well the table cracked in half down the middle and it goes BOOOM! cups fly everywhere the coke bottles roll across the floor, a sum of about 600 people turn around and look at me standing there with bottles rolling by. :p

playaa said:
Hm, that's a hard one, really too many too list, but the most recent dumb thing I have done was... At my school's Prom they had this fold out table that had like hundreds of cups and 1,2, & 3 liter coke bottles on it where everyone got their drinks, well when they were announcing Prom King and Queen (crowd is very silent and paying attention towards the runway), I lean up against the table with my hand on top of it well the table cracked in half down the middle and it goes BOOOM! cups fly everywhere the coke bottles roll across the floor, a sum of about 600 people turn around and look at me standing there with bottles rolling by. :p

OMG, that's funny!! How embarrassing! 😌

Alright, here's one related to work:

I work in a kitchen, and one particular night the managers decided that I should fry, because we somehow didn't have enough people scheduled. Unfortunately, I had never done so before, so I'm on my own, with no one to train me, and all I can do is ask questions to the people around me and hope that they can help me out. Well, one of my responsibilities was having enough potatoes cooked for the whole night, which required a backup. So at a certain point in the night the backup was called for, and I was told to put the potatoes in the steamer. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking that when I opened the door there would be steam shooting out of the thing. So I stuck my hand in there, and for the rest of the night I was in pain from having been burned by steam on my left hand.

Anyway, the night continues, and it's time to break down. Part of the breakdown process was to filter the friers, which required screwing in a tube to drain them. After I had gone through the entire process of filtering and cleaning, I had to take the tubes out and put them back. Again, in an instance of genius, I grabbed the tube (through which 375 degree oil had been passing for the past few minutes) with my bare right hand, and burned it too. After that had happened I felt like a fool becuase of what I had done, and I also felt like an *** because I had pretty much made myself useless for the rest of the night's cleaning. So I'm not so proud to say that I am the only one who has managed to burn both of his hands in one night of work.

Glenn said:
Alright, here's one related to work:

I work in a kitchen, and one particular night the managers decided that I should fry, because we somehow didn't have enough people scheduled. Unfortunately, I had never done so before, so I'm on my own, with no one to train me, and all I can do is ask questions to the people around me and hope that they can help me out. Well, one of my responsibilities was having enough potatoes cooked for the whole night, which required a backup. So at a certain point in the night the backup was called for, and I was told to put the potatoes in the steamer. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking that when I opened the door there would be steam shooting out of the thing. So I stuck my hand in there, and for the rest of the night I was in pain from having been burned by steam on my left hand.

Anyway, the night continues, and it's time to break down. Part of the breakdown process was to filter the friers, which required screwing in a tube to drain them. After I had gone through the entire process of filtering and cleaning, I had to take the tubes out and put them back. Again, in an instance of genius, I grabbed the tube (through which 375 degree oil had been passing for the past few minutes) with my bare right hand, and burned it too. After that had happened I felt like a fool becuase of what I had done, and I also felt like an *** because I had pretty much made myself useless for the rest of the night's cleaning. So I'm not so proud to say that I am the only one who has managed to burn both of his hands in one night of work.

Can we say "Workers Comp"?? Oh, how painful that must have been!! Ouch...
:(

Satori said:
Can we say "Workers Comp"?? Oh, how painful that must have been!! Ouch...
:(

Heh, yeah, we had joked about that. The burns weren't too serious, though. Well, the steam burn hurt for a while, and I sprayed a lot of burn spray on it and applied some burn gel. The gel helped a lot. Other than that there were just a few blisters, but I'm getting used to that now. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :?

LOL Glenn sounds like my job when I worked at Wendy's I hated doing potatoes, and filtering the fryers. Not a fun job by any means!

Entering a beauty pagent. . . I really shouldn't go into detail because I get furious every time I think about it...but that is the dumbest thing I have ever done. I have learned my lesson. -.-;

Oh boy, where do I start? I have done many dumb things. The only one that really sticks out in my mind right now, is lend people money.

I say a lot of dumb things too, if anyone wants to start a thread on that!

Cherry

Cheery Cherry said:
Oh boy, where do I start? I have done many dumb things. The only one that really sticks out in my mind right now, is lend people money.

I say a lot of dumb things too, if anyone wants to start a thread on that!

Cherry

Great idea!!! Maybe a "Dumb Things People Say" thread???

Back in high school I was working in the metal shop and I was welding with an oxy-welder. Well, my teacher told me to turn everything off for a sec and I did, but I didn't shut off the oxygen all the way...he stopped talking to me and I turned everything back on and turned the oxygen all the way up (all the time oxygen was filling up my booth while I talked with the teacher). I took the striker and hardly struck it and my booth turned into one big fire ball. Thanks to my cover-alls and welding mask I wasn't hurt, but it took days for my cover-alls to stop smelling funny. Despite being danger prone when it came to welders I passed the class with a good grade.

There was also this one time, but I won't say anything more than there was beer (tons of beer) and a bon fire.

justin said:
Back in high school I was working in the metal shop and I was welding with an oxy-welder. Well, my teacher told me to turn everything off for a sec and I did, but I didn't shut off the oxygen all the way...he stopped talking to me and I turned everything back on and turned the oxygen all the way up (all the time oxygen was filling up my booth while I talked with the teacher). I took the striker and hardly struck it and my booth turned into one big fire ball. Thanks to my cover-alls and welding mask I wasn't hurt, but it took days for my cover-alls to stop smelling funny. Despite being danger prone when it came to welders I passed the class with a good grade.

Wow, that must have been scary as all hell!

justin said:
There was also this one time, but I won't say anything more than there was beer (tons of beer) and a bon fire.

Heh, this sounds familiar....

i tried to climb over a gate which i thought was locked (it wasnt) when the 'cool' gang from school were walking past and as i climbed over it swung open with me on it

oh, and i got my dad a birthday card for christmas...maybe i should read the inside in future

these are the only things which spring to mind right now...oh, i sent a letter without putting the address on :D

jovial_jon said:
i tried to climb over a gate which i thought was locked (it wasnt) when the 'cool' gang from school were walking past and as i climbed over it swung open with me on it

oh, and i got my dad a birthday card for christmas...maybe i should read the inside in future

these are the only things which spring to mind right now...oh, i sent a letter without putting the address on :D

:D Those are great!!

x2468 said:

Lol 100% agree 😊
However i learnt my lesson and won't fall into the same trap twice ...

x2468 said:

How about not even allowing myself to fall in love in the first place? Smart or stupid? I guess it depends on where you've been and where you want to be.

Alright, another one. When I was in high school I played baseball. In one game, I was out in right field (I'm sure you know what that means). A ball was hit down the line, and I chased it to the fence. When I picked it up, I turned 180 degrees (I'm sure of this) and threw the ball. The only problem was the directly behind me wasn't second base; it wasn't even the infield. As soon as I let go of the ball I saw it fly towards the center-fielder, who had this "what?!" look on his face. That was one of the two times that I can remember offhand that I would have liked to have asked for a shovel so that I could start digging.

Glenn said:
Alright, another one. When I was in high school I played baseball. In one game, I was out in right field (I'm sure you know what that means). A ball was hit down the line, and I chased it to the fence. When I picked it up, I turned 180 degrees (I'm sure of this) and threw the ball. The only problem was the directly behind me wasn't second base; it wasn't even the infield. As soon as I let go of the ball I saw it fly towards the center-fielder, who had this "what?!" look on his face. That was one of the two times that I can remember offhand that I would have liked to have asked for a shovel so that I could start digging.

That story's hilarious!! :D

Satori said:
That story's hilarious!! :D

Well, I'm glad it brought enjoyment to someone. ;-)

If this thread keeps going I'll share the other time that I wanted to dig my own grave on the spot. 👍

Back
Top Bottom