What's new

Doubts On Islam

Nichiren

先輩
21 Feb 2008
Religions is one of my interests. Islam came to my interests in knowing their faith or doctrines. I have heard from media about the radical islam which threats freedom by these fanatical muslim group. Then, i started to read and learn how people especially on women were governed in Islamic countries which is theocratic/tyrannical governnment. I search on net and watching videos on youtube. I see anti-islam websites(i.e www.faithfreedom.org) as a violent religion and political ideology that enforce slavery in all aspects of human life. Knowing more about islamic faith and increase better understanding of it, i had read a book written by born-Eyptian and canadian muslim scholar.. But still i had a doubt on Islam.

To muslims, these are my questions.

1.Does Islam(as an ideology taught by Muhammad) can there be religious freedom within the constituents as one of the fundamental tenets of Human rights?

2.Why women in Islam are forced to wear veils(to cover their head or even whole body)? In a muslim countries they are forced to but in a non-islamic country, some muslim women dont wear veils. What is the punishment if they dont abide by the islamic Laws?

3.In Islam, religion, social, politics are indivisible. Does it mean mullahs and government authorities holds the same power? I believe in the separation of religion and state because without it there is no true democracy in such a country. What is your stance between religion and a state?

I can give you an answer on veils. They are not Islamic and have never been. I once heard a muslim scholar talking about them on radio 4, plus what I have also read on them. They were originally from the Byzantium Empire and were worn by women of a high social status. Muslim women took this idea and used it themselves to denote themselves as muslims (I think it started with one of Mohammads wives). In other words it was still used as a status symbol.
Nowadays it is enforce by mad mullahs and fanatic that don't know their own religion and where the various symbols came from. It is a bit like the so called non-depiction of Mohammad. Again not Islamic and images of Mohammad can be found in early copies of the quran and early medieval texts from the Islamic world.
See here

veils or ( Hijab ) is Islamic but it has different forms,for example in Al-Jazeera countries ( Saudi Arabia - Kuwait - Qatar - Bahrain - UAE - Oman - Yemen ) with Iraq,Women wear this model :
1187653930-1.jpg

and

http://www.ommahat.net/forum/imgcache/7378.jpg

In Egypt and west africa and Indonesia,Malaysia,Turkey...etc they wear this :

21152289869id5-1.jpg

Women wear Hijab to cover the Sexy parts of the budy.
The forms of the Hijab depends on the culture as you saw the models above.
1.Does Islam(as an ideology taught by Muhammad) can there be religious freedom within the constituents as one of the fundamental tenets of Human rights?
I am not sure what you mean,can you please clear what you mean.

2.Why women in Islam are forced to wear veils(to cover their head or even whole body)? In a muslim countries they are forced to but in a non-islamic country, some muslim women dont wear veils. What is the punishment if they dont abide by the islamic Laws?
The forms of the Hijab depends on the culture as you saw the models above.
Punishment ! hmm...there is something we call " Sharaf " = nobleness..it's very shame for woman to take off the Hijab,it will be shame to the family.
But as punishment,we cant allow any women to wake without Hijab,at least like in the second model above.
Also,Women here are not forcedto,but they wear it in their desire and you can try to ask one woman to take off the Hijab and see what will she do to you ^^

3.In Islam, religion, social, politics are indivisible. Does it mean mullahs and government authorities holds the same power? I believe in the separation of religion and state because without it there is no true democracy in such a country. What is your stance between religion and a state?
The True method to be Khalifah is elections,Like in Prophet Mohammed days he elected Abu Bakr and after Abu Bakr people elected Omar ibn Al-Khattab and after him people elected Othman and then Ali ...but now we are under un-elected governors witch is not Islamic ruling method.

It's not mullah,It's Khalifah who rules the whole Islamic world like Ottomans in Turkey in the past.

don't call me ignorant for saying this, but I find women using these veils ugly. I think there's a reason why muslim women are generally ugly.

don't call me ignorant for saying this, but I find women using these veils ugly. I think there's a reason why muslim women are generally ugly.
You are one person and you have one opinion.
I dont blame you dude,Everyone has an opinion.

I am not sure what you mean,can you please clear what you mean.

What i mean is Is Islam compatible with Democracy which give birth by the founding principles of western/rationalist forefathers like abraham lincoln who abolished slavery, gave birth to human rights and gave freedom to america in which the people are sovereign itself not by selected few.

The True method to be Khalifah is elections,Like in Prophet Mohammed days he elected Abu Bakr and after Abu Bakr people elected Omar ibn Al-Khattab and after him people elected Othman and then Ali ...but now we are under un-elected governors witch is not Islamic ruling method.

In this sense, Muhammad is then a political leader not a religious reformer... A political leader and a religious reformer/teacher/sage are different unless one is using religion to control its people.

It's not mullah,It's Khalifah who rules the whole Islamic world like Ottomans in Turkey in the past.

or u mean like Iran or similar to Pope in Roman Catholic who was used before the head of Romans civilization..? Do u think Islamic world today started to evolve and adopt Secularism like with the collapse of papacy in Christian/western world in the past wherein people rule by high cleric/priest or few but now the people are soveriegn itself.

Last edited:
I can give you an answer on veils. They are not Islamic and have never been. I once heard a muslim scholar talking about them on radio 4, plus what I have also read on them. They were originally from the Byzantium Empire and were worn by women of a high social status. Muslim women took this idea and used it themselves to denote themselves as muslims (I think it started with one of Mohammads wives). In other words it was still used as a status symbol.
See here
I see. Because as far as my understanding in the pre-islamic arab world, women dont used to cover their face or their body. So covering with the veils originally does not mean to keep women pure but a symbol of status.. I think i find this answer compelling because not all women of all cultures do not practise this way such as the tahitian, hawaiian, indian, etc... purity comes from our undefiled heart or mind...women by virtue are pure and strong when their heart of wisdom shines not because their body is covered... Indeed, women today are the great force for peace in the chaotic world that we are facing right now. Their wisdom truly shines if we value and respect women. Hence, In the Buddhism taught by Nichiren , 13th century reformist monk, He said: " Only in the Lotus Sutra do we read that a woman who embraces this sutra not only excels all other women but also surpasses all men." I believe this is is true that their ability to endure, strenght and wisdom of women surpasses men...

What i mean is Is Islam compatible with Democracy which give birth by the founding principles of western/rationalist forefathers like abraham lincoln who abolished slavery, gave birth to human rights and gave freedom to america in which the people are sovereign itself not by selected few.
Actually people elect the best to rule,it's close to the democracy now,On top of that do you really belive that people in US can elect whoever they want ? there are two groups rule in the US ( Republican - Democrats ).
In this sense, Muhammad is then a political leader not a religious reformer... A political leader and a religious reformer/teacher/sage are different unless one is using religion to control its people.
If you want a honest answer then read :
Title Loans | Auto Title Loans | Quick Decision And Fast Deposit
Title Loans | Auto Title Loans | Quick Decision And Fast Deposit
I recomended you to read the two links.

or u mean like Iran or similar to Pope in Roman Catholic who was used before the head of Romans civilization..? Do u think Islamic world today started to evolve and adopt Secularism like with the collapse of papacy in Christian/western world in the past wherein people rule by high cleric/priest or few but now the people are soveriegn itself.
No not like Iran nor Pope...It's not religion man who rules but the best one.
It's not like you imagine,it's okay if anyone rule Muslims but he must be good person who cares about people not about his chair.

Because as far as my understanding in the pre-islamic arab world, women dont used to cover their face or their body.
Where did you read this ? it's totally wrong.
Arab women were covering their faces,And when Islam started Quran approved Hijab.
And the reason behind wearing Hijab is to prevent moral corruption,It's not like some people think that women are devils or dirty ( in some christian belives ).

I see. Because as far as my understanding in the pre-islamic arab world, women dont used to cover their face or their body. So covering with the veils originally does not mean to keep women pure but a symbol of status.. I think i find this answer compelling because not all women of all cultures do not practise this way such as the tahitian, hawaiian, indian, etc... purity comes from our undefiled heart or mind...women by virtue are pure and strong when their heart of wisdom shines not because their body is covered... Indeed, women today are the great force for peace in the chaotic world that we are facing right now. Their wisdom truly shines if we value and respect women. Hence, In the Buddhism taught by Nichiren , 13th century reformist monk, He said: " Only in the Lotus Sutra do we read that a woman who embraces this sutra not only excels all other women but also surpasses all men." I believe this is is true that their ability to endure, strenght and wisdom of women surpasses men...
I did a bit of digging and found this that helps clear up the veil. As I said, it is not islamic, despite what Hezam thinks or has been told.
Here is a good article on the veil and its hsitory throughtout the Muslim world.
Historical Perspectives On Islamic Dress Essay (Women in World History Curriculum)

A few parts did stand out:
This from Aisha, one of Mohammads wives
Muslims in their first century at first were relaxed about female dress. When the son of a prominent companion of the Prophet asked his wife Aisha bint Talha to veil her face, she answered, "Since the Almighty hath put on me the stamp of beauty, it is my wish that the public should view the beauty and thereby recognized His grace unto them. On no account, therefore, will I veil myself."

And this on status and how people will interpret scripture to read what they want:
Yet it was only in the second Islamic century that the veil became common, first used among the powerful and rich as a status symbol. The Qu'ranic prescription to "draw their veils over their bosoms" became interpreted by some as an injunction to veil one's hair, neck and ears.

After reading some parts it seems that the modern use is a form of control over women in a very male dominated society. What is sad that in some ultra conservative muslims countries the women are brainwashed into thinking that they are inferior and deserve to be covered, especailly those denied a decent or any education.

Muslims in their first century at first were relaxed about female dress. When the son of a prominent companion of the Prophet asked his wife Aisha bint Talha to veil her face, she answered, "Since the Almighty hath put on me the stamp of beauty, it is my wish that the public should view the beauty and thereby recognized His grace unto them. On no account, therefore, will I veil myself."
Where the hell did you qoute that from ?
Could you please add the narrator of that Hadeeth ( Who said that Hadeeth )?
I never heard it before and it's fake.

The Hijab is Islamic but it's not created by Islam,it has approved in Islam.

After reading some parts it seems that the modern use is a form of control over women in a very male dominated society. What is sad that in some ultra conservative muslims countries the women are brainwashed into thinking that they are inferior and deserve to be covered, especailly those denied a decent or any education.
If you mean Saudi Arabia They build private universities in every region and this is one of them :

kingandgirlsuniversity_thumb-1.jpg

The woman is not a toy like many haters said,we men have to go to the schools/colleges by our selves but women there is private Buses take them to schools/colleges for free.
I am sure you read in the wrong pages,It's natural for people who saw Muslims women for the first time.
And Please if you post anything about Islam or any religion please add the link.

Hezam, if you read my post the link is underlined and it is where the quote is from. Plus, who said it was from a Hadith? Not everything about Mohammad and Islamic history is from Islamic sources and hadiths, which are hardly objective.

Saudi Arabia was not the prime source of keeping women ignorant. Under the Taliban women were not allowed to be educated beyond and elementary level, sometimes not even that far.
Taliban ban on female education unlsamic: Clerics
The problem seems t be that there is pressure for girls to marry young and then do not carry onto higher education. It also appears that parents are more willing to pay for a sons education rather than a daughters.
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Muslim girls struggle for education.
The article also seems to give the impression that the poorer countries are more likely to keep females back from schools than males.

They might build private universities in Saudi, but that does not mean they are any good.In the top 500 universities in the world Saudi has only one at 338, the King Fahd Uni of Petroleum and minerals.
http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2009/results
The first Islamic country to get into the rankings is Malaysia at 230.
I'm going to have to look over the stats for peer reviewed papers by country, but I can remember reading somewhere that all the universities in Turkey, a secular muslim country, matched the number of peer reviewed in five years that Harvard, a single university, did in one year, but I will have to check on that.

Plus, who said it was from a Hadith? Not everything about Mohammad and Islamic history is from Islamic sources and hadiths, which are hardly objective.
Maybe you are right about the historical things but in the Islamic belives/teachs it Must be from Islamic sources ! So that fake story about Aisha is 1000% wrong.
Aishawill never say like this "it is my wish that the public should view the beauty and thereby recognized His grace unto them" i belive it's a qoute from a shiite website.

Saudi Arabia was not the prime source of keeping women ignorant. Under the Taliban women were not allowed to be educated beyond and elementary level, sometimes not even that far.
http://www.rediff.com/news/2009/feb/...ic-clerics.htm
Then you know they are wrong and that's not in Quran or Hadith,Women should be educated to teach the generations.who is the idiot who refuse women's rights !
Since it's clear,no need to search in Afghanistan for Islam teachs.

The problem seems t be that there is pressure for girls to marry young and then do not carry onto higher education. It also appears that parents are more willing to pay for a sons education rather than a daughters.
- Islam approves all good things for the human,In this case the government has the right to create new rules to allow the young girls to complete their study,It's not against Islam sharia since it's good for women.You can ask Sheikh if you dont trust what i say.
-About the other part "pay for a sons education rather than a daughters." it's totally wrong,I assure you it's the opposite,females study cost more than males and this is what i saw when i was studying,women have more Subjects than men,Also women are more educated than men here.
I advise you to ask Saudi/Kuwait/Qatar/UAE/Oman people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3130234.stm.
The article also seems to give the impression that the poorer countries are more likely to keep females back from schools than males.
Yes,because we care about our women.In the poor countries there are many Offenders so naturally girls are not safe.It's weird you discuss this point !

They might build private universities in Saudi, but that does not mean they are any good.In the top 500 universities in the world Saudi has only one at 338, the King Fahd Uni of Petroleum and minerals.
http://www.topuniversities.com/unive...s/2009/results
You are right but is it because Islam sharia ?
It has nothing to do with Islam,It's the idiots whom created the subjects.
For example,I study English in the high school and the English Language course contains only 30 pages,15 pages for the fisrt term & 15 for the second term !! See how stupid course.
So it depends on the Government who create subjects & courses.
The first Islamic country to get into the rankings is Malaysia at 230.
We wish to be like malaysia but no way under those blocks Arab governers.
but I can remember reading somewhere that all the universities in Turkey, a secular muslim country, matched the number of peer reviewed in five years that Harvard, a single university, did in one year,
Turkey and Malaysia are the best of Islamic systems.And you can check Egyptian Uni too.
I wonder if those whom talk about human rights can say/do something about that.All what they do is "Stop wearing Hijab" and "Stop killing the murders".

Hope you understood the case.

Maybe you are right about the historical things but in the Islamic belives/teachs it Must be from Islamic sources ! So that fake story about Aisha is 1000% wrong.
That is a bad attitude to take towards education and learning. In order to obtain an overall picture of a subject you must learn and study all aspects from all sources, islam is no different. Just to take one persons or societies view on a subject is highly subjective and is open to abuse and just open lies. Free speech and learning go hand in hand.
If you are just learning the Islamic view of islamic history then you are always biased towards what you have been told. If you think the quote is wrong then contact the site and ask them where the quote is from. Don't just dismiss it because your islamic teachers tell you it is wrong.

I have spoken and read from a lot of ex-muslims and one thing I have seen repeated is that certain facts about their religion and history has been purposely hidden from them by their teachers or by muslim scholars in the past. Don't get to angry about that, yours is not the only religion that does that, it is commonplace, especially in highly controlled societies and religions. Other examples are JWs, Mormons, Scientologists, Westboro' Baptists (who make the Taliban seem liberal).

I contacted the website above about Veil.

That is a bad attitude to take towards education and learning. In order to obtain an overall picture of a subject you must learn and study all aspects from all sources, islam is no different. Just to take one persons or societies view on a subject is highly subjective and is open to abuse and just open lies. Free speech and learning go hand in hand.
If you are just learning the Islamic view of islamic history then you are always biased towards what you have been told. If you think the quote is wrong then contact the site and ask them where the quote is from. Don't just dismiss it because your islamic teachers tell you it is wrong.
First,I am not angry but i am surprised.
Second,Can you post a list of subjects you have at your Uni to see if Islam against or Not instead of claiming that Islam is against education.

I have spoken and read from a lot of ex-muslims and one thing I have seen repeated is that certain facts about their religion and history has been purposely hidden from them by their teachers or by muslim scholars in the past. Don't get to angry about that, yours is not the only religion that does that, it is commonplace, especially in highly controlled societies and religions. Other examples are JWs, Mormons, Scientologists, Westboro' Baptists (who make the Taliban seem liberal).
Hidden ? Like what ? Please tell me....! I am very interesting to know the hidden side of the history.

P.S : ZombieTime is interesting,they make fun of serious cases..<_<

Haha, my friend from Bahrain (born in Saudi Arabia) says the society there is pretty messed up. And in addition, he also confirmed that the veil is a Byzantine thing. It just happens to be that Bahrain is relatively liberal (from what I heard and read). Interesting coincidence?

Ok Byzantine or whatever but it's Islamic too !
Mycernius,Do you mean the people who weared Veil first or the veil being Islamic or not ?
I am searching in google ....lol

Edit: I searched and i found out that the first people who wear Hijab is the Assyrian and After that the Persian approved it,After that Arab approved it and Islam Approved it.
Hijab approved 2000 years earlier before Islam by Assyrian.

Moderator!!!!

This is NOT about religion in japan. Could the moderator please move it to the serious discussion forum.

To Nichiren: Please show more consideration/intelligence in where you post things. Thank you.

This is NOT about religion in japan. Could the moderator please move it to the serious discussion forum.
To Nichiren: Please show more consideration/intelligence in where you post things. Thank you.

Agreed 100% This doesn't belong here.

Hello, I'm new in this forum and this is my first post. Yoroshiku onegaiitashimasu.

I'm in a little doubt, is this correct place to express this "Doubts On Islam"!

1. Is this your question (what you are interested to know) or you are writing your doubts? Any prejudice might impede your fact finding.

2. Well, Islam as an IDEOLOGY claims this is a complete way of life. That is, teaching of Islam covers all the aspects (religious, political, social, economical, cultural, personal.....) of life.

Now, this can be debated, if anyone cares (to debate).

I have some personal opinion; but first I would like to make it clear, I completely disagree with the opinion - "What i mean is Is Islam compatible with Democracy which give birth by the founding principles of western/rationalist forefathers like Abraham Lincoln who abolished slavery, gave birth to human rights and gave freedom to America in which the people are sovereign itself not by selected few."

"Western" is not a synonymous to "rationalist", nor "Democracy" was given birth on day before yesterday by forefathers like Abraham Lincon. Abraham Lincon was great to abolish slavery in America, but he only followed the principles of many wise man of old; Muhammad(pbh) did this in Arab (and taught humanity to do so) a millennium before Lincon was born. To know about the birth of democracy, just Google it. Haven't you heard about Greek civilization? The American version of democracy in practice now do not guarantee "the people are sovereign itself not by selected few". Example? Recently president was declared by few (the court) ignoring the total number of people chose for.

When Muhammad(pbh) and his immediate disciples ruled Arab, it was ideal. When Muslims ruled Europe, it paved the way for renaissance (you can Google - Moors in Spain, Cordoba or Andalusia etc.). On the other hand, there are numerous bad acts perpetrated by Muslims. So, how to brand Islam, or Judaism or Communism or Capitalism (especially Noe-Liberalism)?

Are we discussing serious issues in light mood in light places?

Sorry, I didn't notice. Moved to Serious Discussions.

@Nichiren: Dogen Z is right, please consider where threads go before posting. The sub-forum you posted this in originally deals only with Religion in Japan, not a general forum for religion. Thanks you

Ok Byzantine or whatever but it's Islamic too !
Mycernius,Do you mean the people who weared Veil first or the veil being Islamic or not ?
I am searching in google ....lol

Edit: I searched and i found out that the first people who wear Hijab is the Assyrian and After that the Persian approved it,After that Arab approved it and Islam Approved it.
Hijab approved 2000 years earlier before Islam by Assyrian.
What I mean is that the veil is not culturally Islamic. It was borrowed from another culture and adapted into islam.

Last edited:
What I mean is that the veil is not culturally Islamic. It was borrowed from another culture and adapted into islam.
Yes,And it's Islamic now.

Adulado said:
I think Muslim is cancer.
This is not "What do you think about Islam?" keep your opinion for your self.

Nichiren, weren't you the guy trying to convert everyone to Souka Gakkai all the time or something close to it?

Oh, the frightening irony of being confused by tenants of religions containing insane contradictions and logical flaws, while never bothering to question the whole idea of assuming the main idea of an invisible super-dude in the sky (and other wonderfully crazy concepts) is true without any testable or even observable evidence.

"It doesn't make any sense, I've never seen anything like it ever, so it must be true!"

Knowing men quite well, and being in Japan which seems to have every fetish in the book in some corner somewhere, I can safely say that ANY body part can be seen as sexy in some way. Therefore, by this interpretation, women would be encased in a (couldn't come up with a material that couldn't be interpreted as sexy by someone) completely. Even their eyes should be covered because this could definitely be sexy too.

Then again, women bumping around aimlessly unable to see, hear or maybe even breath well, could be seen as sexy too based on some weird disability fetish someone might have.

Therefore, the only way to follow my new interpretation of that Islamic rule is to be naked ALL THE TIME! This I base off the Seinfeld show where he has a girlfriend who walks around nude all the time in his apartment but it just gets old and he finds himself completely bored and turned off by her in the end.

Of course, because of all the hate of anything Jewish, I'm sure this would never work.

Ok, time for me to go back to thinking for myself about life's questions. Back to the real world.

yes, Isalm could be the religion because he saved all human rights . when you say freedom, that doesn't mean that you can kill and do anything bad, we're human being, when someone needs help, you could sympathize with him; you could help him ( even you don't have any religion )

2.Why women in Islam are forced to wear veils(to cover their head or even whole body)? In a Muslim countries they are forced to but in a non-islamic country, some muslim women dont wear veils. What is the punishment if they don't abide by the islamic Laws?

I want to ask you, why is Maryam Al Azra wear veil and all nuns ? the veil is not forced. only in KSA, the veil is forced because it's the country of Islam , anyway the girls or women didn't try to take it off and to see the punishment if they put it out .

Islam didn't talk about any thing unless there is something useful for us ... for example, imagine that all the girls put veil and you can't see even their face .. but you can see only your sweetheart . Do you have thought to let her down ? the answer no because you can't see any thing can tease you . BUT if you see a lot of girls ( wearing but naked - it means they wear but there is a lot to tease you ) so you'll have thought to let her down. this is in first place ... in second place , here in my country Syria, you can see a lot of muslim girls that they don't wear veil or some girls wear veil but they don't like it . That's because the way that they grow up with it .. so, when she put veil , she protects her self from the guy's thought ( you got it, the imagination of guys ) so and I wanna ask you ....

see here first picture ( excuse me hezam it's from your participation) ....

see here second pictures ONE , TWO ....

according to the two pictures, any one of them do you have thought or imagination in your mind to sleep with here ?

in my opinion the second ..( if I'm in this situation, I can think the same ) The reason of that because of way of wearing the clothes ( veil could be one of the clothes ) ..

Recently, European and American scientists discover that the girls who don't put veil have more incur to have cancer in their part of their bodies that they don't cover it, on the other hand, the girls who put veil are less incur to have this kind of cancer. The reason that the Infrared Solar enters to their part of their bodies that they don't cover it.. ( I'll check it for that NEWS in English ) ...

my last words that, THE HUMAN IS NOT PERFECT, and the governments too.. so, you can see government good in some sides and bad in other sides and so on .
the goal of the religion to know how to deal with your God and the other things ... the religion is Guide to follow, and there is no one perfect who doesn't need to guide to follow in this life ( which is trip ) ..
so if you want to deal with your life perfectly, you have to follow the religion ...
Tow words that my prophet mohammad says - as like meaning - : ( if you want to be perfect in this life -to know how to deal perfectly - follow the Qur'an and My way -the Prophet's way- ) ...

PS: the Qur'an not only mention stories in last prophets but also he mention every thing in this life.. ( inheritance, cases , situations )

Last edited:
"it's okay if anyone rule Muslims but he must be good person who cares about people not about his chair."

An ideal that clearly seems to be more honored in the breach. Or else where have all these noble Muslim leaders been hiding themselves?

Veils and head/body coverings aren't exclusive to Islam. It was also a custom in Christianity until fairly recent times. When I was a kid, Roman Catholic women were still expected to wear a head covering (usually a scarf) in church.

Lincoln was one of our great presidents, but he didn't abolish slavery. He was mainly concerned with preserving the USA. He once said that if he could preserve our union by abolishing slavery, he'd do that; and if he could preserve our union by allowing slavery, he'd do that. Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation only abolished slavery in the South, not in the north or in neutral border states like Kentucky. The Emancipation Proclamation was intended to work economic harm on the South by alienating it from support by Great Britain (which had itself abolished slavery some years before).

What abolished slavery in the US was the 13th Amendment to our Constitution, which was enacted at the end of our Civil War. Lincoln did support it, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom