What's new

Japanese doramas

My favorite is a Fuji TV drama from 2000 called "Love Complex," not to be confused with the shoujo manga inspired "Lovely Complex."
It starred Karasawa Toshiaki, Sorimachi Takashi and Kimura Yoshino, to name just the top-billed. It's very unusual, starting out as a sort of odd office comedy but then becoming increasingly dark and surreal. It definitely is a love-it-or-hate-it experience.

Oh, and forgive an old English teacher, but there should not be an apostrophe in the title of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend one called Orange Days. Was very touching and had a wicked awesome theme song

I saw Pride and it was good but it really annoyed me that in almost every episode the players were crying or making a big deal out of something little. You're hockey players..man up!! haha

I cry in almost every episode while watching 1 Litre of Tears☝. It is definitely one of the saddest jdoramas I've ever seen. Really brilliant.

found some write-ups on july dramas!! :)
musicjapanplus.jp/news/?&action=detail&news_id=2557 orthrus no inu (starts july 24th), Tackey & Nishikido Ryo
musicjapanplus.jp/news/?action=detail&news_id=2550&start=5 buzzer beat(starts july 13th), YamaP
musicjapanplus.jp/news/?action=detail&news_id=2533&start=7 karenaru spy (starts july 18th), nagase tomoya
musicjapanplus.jp/news/?action=detail&news_id=2528&start=7 koishite akuma~vampire boy~ (started july 7th) nakayama yuma

johnny's in dramas abound!! who's watching? :LOL:

I've watched many Doramas:
1 Litre of Tears
Hana Yori Dango 1
Hana Yori Dango 2
Hana Kimi (Jap)
Nobuta o Produce
Proposal Daisakusen
Kurosagi
Mei-chan no shitsuji
Change
Zettai Kreshi
Mr. Brain
Nodame Cantabile
Gokusen I
Last Friends
Forbidden Love
😌

Nodame Cantible

Highly, highly recommended! A very enjoyable comedy about a group of college music students. Especially good if you appreciate classical music.

You can watch in HQ and widescreen by using the controls on the bottom. (And I think you should ignore the warning about your browser.)

Last edited:
Mr. Brain! It's a wonderful science mixed detective story with mega stars as the cast. I love the storyline and the cast!

I am watching IWGP, too Dutch Baka. although I am still stuck on ep 2. I got sidetracked with Kabachitare! and that new series Hanazakari no Kimitachi etc.

I just finished watching Last Friends, and I loved it. Each episode made me teary-eyed. >.<

Love and adore him as an actor, as a singer(his voice may only be so-so for some ppl, but I love his singing voice!), as an entertainer, as a comedian and as a person To sum it up, I'm crazy about this guy! Some of you, would might think I'm biased when it comes to anything about him.but, I'm serious about his brilliant acting skill.

I'm nearly done watching Akai Ito, really good but a real tear-jerker, the actors are really good 👍
You can watch it at mysoju:
http://www.mysoju.com/akai-ito/

I adore japanese and generally Asian dramas and films... does anyone knows about a place that can list them? I tried jdorama.com but their interface is terrible. Help? :(

Hi, you can try : d-addicts.com

I like all japanease dramas, but my best : " Boku no aruku Michi " and " Nagareboshi ".

*Kimi wa petto
*Gokusen Season I+II
*Tokyo Friends
*Hana Yori Dango I+II
*Great Teacher Onizuka
*3nen Bgumi Kinpachi Sensei (series 6)
*ストロベリー・オンザ・ショートケーキ
*ランチの女王
*Kisarazu Cat's Eye
*Good Luck!!
*Stand Up
*Water Boys
*Shiroi Kyotō
*Ace wo Nerae!
*Sekai no Chūshin de Ai wo Sakebu – 世界の中心で、愛をさけぶ
*Pride
*Himitsu no Hanazono
*ホテリアー Hotelier
*プロポーズ大作戦 Propose Daisakusen
*わたしたちの教科書 Watashitachi no Kyokasho
*バンビ~ノ! Bambino!
*特急田中3号 Tokkyuu Tanaka Sangou
*帰って来た時効警察 Kaettekita Jikou Keisatsu
*鬼嫁日記 いい湯だな Oniyome Nikki Ii Yu da na
*パパとムスメの7日間 Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
*肩ごしの恋人 Katagoshi no Koibito
*花ざかりの君たちへ~イケメン♂パラダイス~ Hanazakari no Kimitachi
*探偵学園Q Tantei Gakuen Q
*女帝 Jotei

the one's i look at the moment (+ channel where you can find them)
ガリレオ Galileo Fuji TV
暴れん坊ママ Abarenbou Mama Fuji TV
スワンの馬鹿!〜こづかい3万円の恋〜 Swan no Baka~Kodzukai Sanman-en no Koi~ Fuji TV
医龍-TEAM MEDICAL DRAGON-2 Fuji TV
有閑倶楽部 Yukan Club NTV
働きマン Hataraki Man NTV
GOOD LUCK, FINALLY someone mentioned it, its great, too bad its too short though

The Doramas I searched so far (based on the ones mentioned here) are all 10 episodes average, is there J Drama with more than 1 season???? Id like to watch a longer one, but havent found so.far

Back
Top Bottom