What's new

Japanese doramas

frostyg02uk

先輩
28 Jun 2007
Hmm i cant understand why there isnt many threads on dorama's. Before i'd sit and watch them without understanding a thing but as time has moved on ive often went back to re-watch them.

Some of my favourites have been GTO, kimi wa petto, and gokusen although there are many other good ones to watch also like nobuta wo produce and pride.
Well anyone interested can donate some of their recommendations, ones to avoid, best actors and even theme songs you like such as Arashi's song, wish from hana yori dango for example. Well looking forward to sharing everything. 👍

Tokyo Love Story

IMHO, the all-time best dorama was Tokyo Love Story. It's a story about a sad-sweet love triangle, superbly acted by the whole cast. Great sound-track, too.:)

I enjoy watching Jdorama's so now and then, and my favourite is without any doubt: Ikebukuro West Gate Park! problem is, not a lot of guys know this drama.

I also enjoyed watching GTO and would love to see Karei Naru Ichizoku with English subtitles.

The only thing I dislike about Japanese dramas is that they are way too dramatic so now and then.

I had a chance to see tokyo love sotry and didnt ahhhh.
i think most Japanese dorama's are quite unrealistic at the best of times but thats what makes them so good and refreshing to me lol. In the UK i never watch any drama's. My sister doesnt really pay any interest in Japan but recently even she likes the dorama's from there lol.

I'm watching IWGP, too Dutch Baka, although I'm still stuck on ep 2. I got sidetracked with Kabachitare! and that new series Hanazakari no Kimitachi e.

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (jdrama version) - currently showing on japan the story's a bit different from the manga but, the show itself is hilarious xD,LIFE (live action of the manga LIFE),Tada, Kimi wo Ashiteru (Just, Loving You) - i wasn't expecting the ending at all, Nobuta wo Produce...nobuta power!!!..enter! lol...well i have a list but that's it for now :p

Haha i just finished watching Nobuta recently it was quite good. The ending them for it was good too although its a little strange to see the main actors dancing and singing.

I'm watching Hana Kimi too! Maki is so cute!!! And I love Toma! I prefer Maki x Toma coupling than Maki x Oguri in this series, Toma is just so cute. I'm also watching Papa to musume no nanokakan, it's so funny~! The dad's acting is so good!

I've seen nobuta wo produce too! It's so sweet, I love Yamapi x Maki!! They look so good together~!

My favourite Dramas areeeeeeeee Kimura Takuya's, Beautiful life and Long Vacation! No wonder they had such such high ratings. I haven't seen the whole of Karei-naru Ichizoku yet, but the storyline is just so different and interesting!

Bye bye bicycle! :p

Ikebukuro west gate park is still my favorite in the genre.
Even though there are a lot of people that hated it for being unrealistic, i loved kimi wa petto. and i'm a koyuki fan....:p

So far I have watched:

1 Litre of Tears ~very sad~
Nodame ~very funny~
Nobuta wo Produce ~Nobuta Power!~

and currently watching:

Sapuri

Ive currently recently finished watching Boys over flowers season 2 and that was really good. I like Arashi's theme song from season 1 too.

I'm watching:
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
Proposal Daisakusen
Princess Princess D

I really like Hana Kimi and Princess Princess D the most because they're both hilarious.

I just finished watching Hotelier. It's cute, but personally i think there wasn't enough action in it.
What i'm still watching is Hana Kimi, Proposal Daisakusen, Nobuta wo Produce, Nodame Cantabile, Hanayome wa Yakudoshi, Stand Up!!! and Sapuri. All of them are recommendable =)
Pink no Idenshi and My boss, my hero were the only doramas i stopped watching half way through because those are just ...stupid?...

I watched only:
GTO
Densha Otoko
Nobuta wo Produce
Hanazakari No Kimitachi E
Stand Up!
Kimi wa Petto
Hana Yori Dango
Kurosagi
Musashi

I've been watching Hero w/Kimutaku because I want to see the series before I catch the movie that's playing now. I'm surprised at how good it is. I thought it would be a lame romance comedy but it has substance and Kimutaku doesn't do the surly act he does in most roles! Now I understand why it was the highest rated drama ever.

Thursday is the 1st of the month discount day at the theaters so maybe I'll go see it or wait for the DVD and go to Stardust?

*Kimi wa petto
*Gokusen Season I+II
*Tokyo Friends
*Hana Yori Dango I+II
*Great Teacher Onizuka
*3nen Bgumi Kinpachi Sensei (series 6)
*ストロベリー・オンザ・ショートケーキ
*ランチの女王
*Kisarazu Cat's Eye
*Good Luck!!
*Stand Up
*Water Boys
*Shiroi Kyotō
*Ace wo Nerae!
*Sekai no Chūshin de Ai wo Sakebu – 世界の中心で、愛をさけぶ
*Pride
*Himitsu no Hanazono
*ホテリアー Hotelier
*プロポーズ大作戦 Propose Daisakusen
*わたしたちの教科書 Watashitachi no Kyokasho
*バンビ~ノ! Bambino!
*特急田中3号 Tokkyuu Tanaka Sangou
*帰って来た時効警察 Kaettekita Jikou Keisatsu
*鬼嫁日記 いい湯だな Oniyome Nikki Ii Yu da na
*パパとムスメの7日間 Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
*肩ごしの恋人 Katagoshi no Koibito
*花ざかりの君たちへ~イケメン♂パラダイス~ Hanazakari no Kimitachi
*探偵学園Q Tantei Gakuen Q
*女帝 Jotei

the one's i look at the moment (+ channel where you can find them)
ガリレオ Galileo Fuji TV
暴れん坊ママ Abarenbou Mama Fuji TV
スワンの馬鹿!〜こづかい3万円の恋〜 Swan no Baka~Kodzukai Sanman-en no Koi~ Fuji TV
医龍-TEAM MEDICAL DRAGON-2 Fuji TV
有閑倶楽部 Yukan Club NTV
働きマン Hataraki Man NTV

ニ狸ニ椎?ニ椎槌棚 Galileo Fuji TV

I am looking it on Satellite but since i was recently in Tokyo, i couldn't watch it because i was busy with other stuff here then watching TV.

My Favorite:
GTO and Nodame Cantabile
i've also re-watched 101 Proposals awwwwww veryy sweeeet love story :)

Ahh I'm pretty much obsessed with dramas, (most of the ones I watch have Yamapi in them. >_>'')

So far I've watched:

1 Litre of Tears
Hana Yori Dango 1
Hana Kimi (Jap)
Himitsu no Hanazono
Nobuta o Produce
Proposal Daisakusen

Currently watching:

Kurosagi
Hana Yori Dango 2
Akihabara@Deep (Toma Ikuta!! XD)
Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni...
Stand up!!
Princess Princess

Ahh I forget most of them. x____x

I recommend Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni though
The storyline is sort of different than most dramas I've seen. :)

Back
Top Bottom