What's new

Domestic Partnership in Japan?

hsakakibara1

先輩
31 Jul 2008
I have heard "through the grapevine" that should the DPJ win the election and get a majority, that they would move to push through a bill giving gays and lesbians the right to have domestic partnership. Has anyone else heard about this?

Has anyone else heard about this?

Reminds me of an old saying: Don't believe anything you hear. I'm not up to date on gay rights anywhere other than the stuff that gets massive media coverage. Long term residence in Japan has taught me the following though:

1: Nothing changes quickly
2: Very little gets done through Parliament
3: The nail that sticks out gets hammered down

On the other hand, gay is really in this year, so who knows. All I can say is, in the meantime, keep reachin' for that rainbow!

Clearly, this woman would be a good source to ask about this. And a J-Google search on 民主党 ゲイ also reveals some leads you may wish to follow up on.

1: Nothing changes quickly
2: Very little gets done through Parliament
3: The nail that sticks out gets hammered down

LOL. But maybe true.

1. because quick change often cause more troubles.
2. because of the nature of democracy.
3. Yes, as Japan says something in the world's politics, all begins to bash Japan. So, better keep low profile and distance from noisy neighbors. :p

In Japan I've seen the squeaky wheel get the grease far more times than I've seen protruding nails getting hammered down.

Yes, many Koreans are living in Japan. :eek:

Leave me out of that.

I was referring to ナスツゥナ津遺?吮??ツ心 a-holes, an ever-increasing portion of the population, and many of whom I work with.

Back
Top Bottom