Does this make sense?

Ryuk

スパ外国人
25 Dec 2007
Do these sentences make sense:

「私は」火曜日にともだちでばんごはんを食べました。

I ate dinner with my friend on Tuesday.

「私は」山で日本人の男と女を行きました。

I went to the mountains with a Japanese man and woman (weird example I know, but it's textbook material :devilish:)

どうもありがとう
👍

Hey, just another (no doubt simple) question from me 😌
Do these sentences make sense:
「私は」火曜日にともだちでばんごはんを食べました.
"Tomodachi to" is correct. "De" is like "Minna de" meaning "all of us together"

Sorry this may be cutting corners on the explanation. I'm in a big hurry now.

「私は」山で日本人の男と女を行きました。
I went to the mountains with a Japanese man and woman (weird example I know, but it's textbook material :eek:)
どうもありがとう 👍
Yama ni/e/made ikimashita and "onna to" are the appropriate phrases/particles.

I am a learner of japanese. I am still learning. if my info or corrections are incorrect please correct them.
-
please note:
your sentences are in bold and (my own sentences that i think is more correct are in paranthesis.) some comments are appended in plaintext.
-
------------------------------------------------------
-->>「私は」火曜日にともだちでばんごはんを食べました。
......(kayoubi ni tomodachi to gohan wo tabemashita). the particle "to" has as one of its meanings "with / and
-
I ate dinner with my friend on Tuesday.
-
--------------------------------------------------
-->>「私は」山で日本人の男と女を行きました。
........(nihonjin no otoko to onna to yama ni ikimashita.)
........(nihonjin no otoko to onna to yama e ikimashita.)
-
the particle "ni" idicates location though it some time indicates direction/ destination. the particle "e" = to/towards, in the direction of.....
-
-
I went to the mountains with a Japanese man and woman
-
the particle "de" is not appropriate for this sentence. the particle "de" is sometimes used instead of "ni" and means at, in, on. but this is irregular and i haven't mastered its use yet.

I am a learner of japanese. I am still learning. if my info or corrections are incorrect please correct them.

Your sentences are correct, irukaai. Note that, like Elizabeth said above, まで is also a choice for correcting the で in the second sentence.

If you use "tomodachi wa", you need to add "watashi to" before "issho ni".

火曜日に友達は私と一緒にご飯を食べました。
Kayoubi ni tomodachi wa watashi to issho ni gohan o tabemashita.

In this sentence, the subject is changed to "tomodachi".

in my university they help students translating "wa' as a "If we are talking about {here word before wa} then" {and here the rest of the sentence}.

"issho ni" is "together" "to" is "with" and you want to say "together with my friend" so you say "tomodachi to issho ni". Even if you don't understand, just remember that you are always using "to issho ni".

A little correction

Hello, Ryuk san. I'm Hirashin, a Japanese man.
I'd like to write something about 「私は」山で日本人の男と女を行きました。
If you say (私は)山へ日本人の男女と一緒に行きました (watashi wa) yama e nihonjin no danjo to isshoni ikimashita, it means "I went to a/the mountain with a Japanese man and woman (/with Japanese men and women).
山で usually means "in/on the mountain(s)", such as 私は山で道に迷った watashi wa yama de michi ni mayotta, which means "I lost my way in the mountains".
If you are to use 行く, you should say 山に or 山へ. 山に行く or 山へ行く would be fine.
And there's one more thing you should be careful about.
男 and 女 are not polite terms. If you say 日本人の男と女と一緒に山へ行った, it sounds arrogant. You should use 男女 (danjo), 男性と女性 (dansei to josei) instead.
> I went to the mountains with a Japanese man and woman (weird example I
> know, but it's textbook material
You mean the sentence is from your textbook? If so, maybe you should not use it.
Feel free to correct my English if needed.
Hope this helps.:)
Hirashin

Back
Top Bottom