What's new

Does everyone here like rock??

16 Aug 2003
Well...I love music..I practically live off music..well just rock mostly..and it seems here everybody likes their own kind of music........

SO WHAT DO YOU LIKE???👍

As far as i'm concernt anything goes. Whether it be techno, elektro, rock, metal, noise, synthpop, anything really.

rock, but not much of the new mainstream stuff. also emo, punk, some hip-hop, not gangsta rap. 80s music, reggae, johnny cash is the extent of my country music likings. theres alot of music i like, most of the time it just depends on my mood.

I have very random taste in music. I'll give you an example of who is in my mp3 player now: 50 Cent, Tori Amos, Etta James, Def Leppard, Patsy Cline, The Doors, NIN, Naked Eyes, Zero 7, Ludacris, Limp Bizkit, and Bjork. See, random. :p

I pretty much like all kinds of music except for classical and most country.

Metal is the only music i like;
soft as i go is probably Megadth, while we're here lets get a list of what i have on mp3;
Metallica
Slayer
Pantera
Megadeth
Nevermore
Iron Maiden
Anthrax
SlipKnot
Manson
Alice Cooper
Testament
Iced Earth
Manowar
In Flames
Rammstein
Megaherz
Stahlhammer
Korn
Fear Factory
Static-X

pretty much anything goes with me as well, expect most punk or country

btw Fixxx0r you like rammstein & megaherz? you have good taste (no sarcasm intended, they are awesome!) oddly enough it was a AMV featuring rammstein that really sparked my intrest in anime and etc.

Metal woman over here.:devilish:
Mostly Metallica and Pantera fan. James Hetfield--"YEAAHH!!"
Have had a thing for Fear Factory ever since I was in 5th grade.
Korn kid since back in the day-nyo.

But I've opened up to so many genres now and it's sorta random. Techno, emo, some punk, noise (you ever hear Melt Banana? You should), still dig 80's music, 20's and 30's Jazz, hip-hop (will make ya jump), classical (hey some of it is really...soothing...FROM ALL THE STRESS), and every other music in between. The only thing I don't listen to is country, gangsta rap, and R&B. Some J-pop, But do like J-rock! ooohhhmmmm

Let's boogie😄

I'm anal about Black metal. Its what I listen to more than anything else.

Aside from that, I've noticed I listen to a lot of fantasy metal. I also love Japanese metal, and visual music.

I'm your average metalhead.

I also am a huge fan of blue grass music. I love the banjo, its one of my few vices.

@ Winter,

Have you heard Bela Fleck and the Flecktones.
Bela plays banjo and was also in a previous band called Bluegrass Revival.

Flecktones earlier stuff is vitually all instrumental, but recent stuff has had more vocals.

My mom of all people, along with a little help from my friend (not a Beatles reference), got me into liking them. I've gone to see them at least 3 times live with her, even driving some 8 hours each way to see them.

@ music.
practically anything that isn't on the music television stations is tolerable. my roots though are in rock and later punk rock, with a little 80's thrown in - duran duran, billy idol, and even a not so great david lee roth tape i once owned.

recently the new Eastern Youth (jp), the most recent NOFX (get it!!), and Les Savy Fav are probably my favorite. all rock style more or less, although the last is a little more 'artsy'

Originally posted by Twisted
As far as i'm concernt anything goes. Whether it be techno, elektro, rock, metal, noise, synthpop, anything really.

Same here...as long as its not country...:eek:

im an assortment of music. I like things all the way from classical to hard rock.
One of the bands I really like is Grateful Dead.He he he , everyone says im weird cause they're way before my time.LOL :p

Originally posted by Sukotto
@ Winter,

Flecktones earlier stuff is vitually all instrumental, but recent stuff has had more vocals.

My mom of all people, along with a little help from my friend (not a Beatles reference), got me into liking them. I've gone to see them at least 3 times live with her, even driving some 8 hours each way to see them.

No I havent. I'll be sure to check them out.

Thanks for the FYI.

B'z
Bon Jovi
Mr.Big

Yngwie Malmsteen,Kelly Simonz,Concerto Moon,Saber Tiger,Double Dealer,Carmine Appice.....these are some that I like

I love rock music as well.
My favorite band is the offspring.well,I'm not interested in
that kind of rock,but I started listening foreign music from them(americana).so,I still like them!!
I also like
Korn
Mudvayne
one minute silence

and many more...

Does any of you know "mad cupsle markets(wrong spelling?) ?"
I generally don't listen to Japanese music,but there are
some bands that really rock!!
I wanna go see their live concert some time...

1. Country Music
2. Rock
3. J-pop and J-rock (Korean music as well)
4. blues/soul
5.techno/dance
6. oldies
7. some rap and pop music (but not much)

I guess you could say that my interests are moderately varied. In general, I like music that is played well (there is nothing like hearing someone who has mastered his/her instrument and craft), written well (mostly good harmonies and melodies, nice voice leading, etc. I don't listen to lyrics all that much, but if I hear something stupid, the song is out the window), and not over-commercialized (i.e. almost all pop music). So that leaves me with some rock/metal (love early Metallica and Megadeth with Marty Friedman; also Van Halen, Def Leppard, Dio, Ozzy with and without Black Sabbath, etc.), "real" country (definitely not the crap on the radio. I would suggest listening to Junior Brown if you would like to hear what I mean by "real" country.), old jazz (swing, be-bop), blues (I absolutely love hearing anyone who can play the blues really well), gospel, and definitely classical (it's almost all high quality. By the way, the term "classical" tends to be misused. True classical music is pretty much anything from 1750-1800, which I believe to be the shortest era in music history, but I am not sure. The term "classical" actually is usually used to encompass Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Serial/Atonal, early 20th century, actually about anything orchestral, and maybe even Gregorian chant. However I do understand that it is nice to have such an umbrella term for all of these genres.). What I do not like tends to be the music which has removed the human element (i.e. techno, house, etc.), because the playing is the reason that I listen. Of course, I do like some rap as well, but as with anything else, not so much the stuff on the radio (with the exception of Outkast). Wow, that was longer than I had expected it to be, but there you have it. :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Sukotto
@ Winter,

Yeah, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones are definitely worth checking out. I was actually thinking about them when I read about the banjo, and was wondering whether anyone had mentioned them. Those guys are all incredible musicians. By the way, this may sound stupid, but didn't Victor Wooten play bass for them? If not, who was he with? My memory has failed me for the time being...

Originally posted by LesColes
I like blues, Cajun and zydeco. More suprisingly, there's a lot of these genres happening in Tokyo

Interesting. I am from Louisiana, and I grew up with some Cajun/zydeco music (and some zydecajun, too :)). I never would have thought that it would be popular in Japan, but then again, why not, ne?

Besides the usual J-Pop, J-Rock, and anime/game hits, I also like surf music, and indie rock (Apples In Stereo fan here). Also like Santana, to. And Pizzicato Five.

Originally posted by Hachiko
Besides the usual J-Pop, J-Rock, and anime/game hits, I also like surf music, and indie rock (Apples In Stereo fan here). Also like Santana, to. And Pizzicato Five.

Ah, yes, Santana. I like him a lot as well. I just wish that the morons at the academy had given him something for all of his great work when he deserved it, and not waited until he did some mainstream crap to give him nine grammys. :auch:

Originally posted by Glenn
Ah, yes, Santana. I like him a lot as well. I just wish that the morons at the academy had given him something for all of his great work when he deserved it, and not waited until he did some mainstream crap to give him nine grammys. :auch:

I believe they did. If they didn't already, they'll give Carlos a Lifetime Achievement Award soon. 😄

Back
Top Bottom