What's new

Does anyone ride/ski in Japan?

eimik

先輩
25 Dec 2002
Everytime I go to Japan I always seem to go at the wrong season. Oh well I'm still uber young, I'm thinking about going to Zao and blah blah. Anyway, does anyone have any future suggestions, stories, rants and rambles, oh please do share.

damndiggity I can believe the season is almost over, im sad.

anyways speak...

Originally posted by eimik
Everytime i goto Japan i always seem to go at the wrong season. Oh well im still uber young, im thinking about going to Zao and blah blah. Anway, does anyone have any future suggestions, storys, rants and rambles, oh please do share.

damndiggity i can believe the season is almost over, im sad.

anyways speak...

I skateboard in Japan and I really have to known when the weather is like good for skating or if it's not going to be or pretty much about half of my objectives go down the drain. I feel the best time to go snowboarding/ski is in November- January, usually November is the end of the typhoon/rainy seasons, I remember last year my dad took my younger brother in September and they were hit with all the typhoons and rain really bad, so if I'm ever asked when the best time to go I say either the summer but for a chance of snow usually November is really dry and towards mid-late December into January would be a perfect time to hit the slopes, but I really wouldn't know, everyone tells me I should go to more places than just Tokyo and Yokohama but I hate nature, I'd chose pollution and concrete anyday.

Ghettocities

aww no one on here snowboards, that's disappointing.

I'll definitely have to go like in winter 04/05 or perhaps that indoor hill. If I were to do that, that would just defeat the purpose. Hmmm....

Originally posted by eimik
aww no one on here snowboards, thats disappointing.

I'll definately have to go like in winter 04/05 or perhaps that indoor hill. If i were to do that, that would just defeat the purpose. Hmmm....

Winter is beautiful in Japan i'd recommend it, you start realizing more people are happy, more people are smiling and everyone is in a kind and warm-hearted state of mind, it's cool.

Ghettocities

Originally posted by ghettocities
Winter is beautiful in Japan i'd recommend it, you start realizing more people are happy, more people are smiling and everyone is in a kind and warm-hearted state of mind, it's cool.

Ghettocities

aww thanks for the tip buddy,

hats off to you!!!

I used to hit the slopes of Mt. Racey in Yubari (Hokkaido) when I worked as a correspondent for their annual film festival. They have a fantastic resort and onsen there although it's a bit secluded and somewhat hard to find. If you're ever in the neighborhood you should check it out as i'm sure you won't be dissapointed (great food too btw).
:)

Hey how come your deleting my posts twisted? don't want your other mods crying when they hear the truth?

Ghettocities

Wow, looky here, without use of a metal detector I found a photo of a little someone someone over in Hokkaido at the film festival and for the record, I think Tokyo has better food and the girls arent ghostly white.

0301-1.jpg

Ghettocities

quote, your warned,,,

Man, I posted great posts, I should be able to post my responses like him too!

and that was a photo of girls in Hokkaido, I didnt specify who was next to her or insult anyone in anyway, just giving my input so don't delete it.

You've just lost a lot of credits with me. Keep it up and you won't last until the end of the week.

Originally posted by Twisted
You've just lost a lot of credits with me. Keep it up and you won't last until the end of the week.

Yea I'm already banned from f*ckedgaijin, photokyo and they wont let me even into blacktokyo for obvious reasons, so I guess this is going to be #4. I'll try NOT to get banned from this one but from the looks of things i'm outnumbered by about a combined 200years age difference against mods who hate the little kid.

Since I know I'm going to get posting disabled I just want to say bye to everyone, I apologize for being rude or offensive at any point and if you could forgive me that would make me feel a lot better about myself, I was weak to call out and call people names and it only made me weaker, I will leave this board now and I'm sorry again.

aww no one on here snowboards, thats disappointing.

I'll definately have to go like in winter 04/05 or perhaps that indoor hill. If i were to do that, that would just defeat the purpose. Hmmm....

Actually I sno-bo -- kind of. I am an advanced skiier but I took up snowboarding during the latter part of my stay in Japan.

I've been skiing in several places in Japan including Hokkaido and Nagano. Zao is very cool. Definitely one of the best places I've been. Perhaps my memories are colored by the people I was with -- we had a blast.

I've also been skiing a couple times at SSAWS (the indoor place in Chiba). It was very cool to be able to say in the middle of summer, "Hey, let's go skiing." However I'm sorry to inform you that they closed last September.
hen-p.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ssaws.html

Since I know I'm going to get posting disabled I just want to say bye to everyone, I apologize for being rude or offensive at any point and if you could forgive me that would make me feel a lot better about myself, I was weak to call out and call people names and it only made me weaker, I will leave this board now and I'm sorry again.

*sheds a tear*

Boy, stay put. ok.

Back
Top Bottom