What's new

Does anyone know what this is and what brand it might be?

Krystal

後輩
19 Mar 2005
Hi all,
I got this thing when I was in NYC. It somehow got snuck in with the kimono accroutrements I bought from Kimono House, which is why I believe it's Japanese and also why I don't know the brand. Ever since then, I've been fascinated by it and have been wanting to get more of its siblings. It makes a great paper clip that leaves no marks or dents, which is excellent for a graphic designer. Holds business cards piles well.

Searches I've tried:
Metal clip
Metal rubber padded clip
Japanese balcony clip
Japanese binding clip
Alligator padded clip
Metal padded clamp
Japanese clothespin
Well you get the picture. Know where I can buy it possibly? Know the brand name?
Thanks for all your help! It is much appreciated!
-Krystal

Attachments

• 100_0004.gif
    100_0004.gif
    53.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 100_0010.gif
    100_0010.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 159
I think

that might be a clip to hold the oobi in place while you are wrapping it around yourself if you are putting a formal kimono on by yourself. You wrap it aroud yourself several times and that holds it in place while you do it. As for where you might find one... no idea

Konnichiwa Krystal-san!

I agree with TheKansaiKid, it is a clip to hold the Kimono Obi(belt).
Please look this site to know how to use.
http://tech.wasou.com/kosodestyle/frame7.html

It is a "Kimono clip" or "Obi clip" in Japan. Kimono is made from silk and is very fragile. And "Kinomo clip" has soft sponge in catch points of clip.

It is a well known article in Kinomo shop and you can get it easily at Kinomo shop. 👍

NANGI

Back
Top Bottom