What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Does anyone know this candy?

Jacqui

後輩
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm new here, and this might not be all that descriptive hahaha...
But, I had this candy at my japanese friend's house 8 years ago that was individually wrapped, and it was a marshmallow that instantly melted in your mouth when you popped it in. Once it was melted, there was a hard candy in the middle. It's particular flavor was strawberry, but maybe it came in different flavors. I have since lost contact with my friend at the time because she moved back to Japan so I can't ask her what it was, but it was possibly the coolest candy I've ever eaten hahaha 👍
I've been to some asian grocery stores around where I live and have found nothing :( If you could help me, that would be so great!!!
Thanks!

Jacqui

後輩
Reaction score
I tried with the keywords I have, and still couldnt find it :(

Gacktpause

Last Song
Reaction score
Try going to some Japanese sites that sell things like Japanese snacks/pocky etc. Sometimes they sell lots of different candies, one of which might be what you're looking for. Otherwise try the wonderful world of Wikipedia.org and try keywords like Japanese candy and see where it takes you.

G

Last edited:

justin

The Rise of Cobra
Reaction score
Sorry friend, but I haven't seen anything like that candy. Next time I'm in Japantown I'll try and find some. If i find it I'll post the name for you.

Jacqui

後輩
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help :) Still haven't found it though...It was so awesome!

Dogen Z

aka YOSUQUE
Reaction score
dunno...

I don't know what candy that is, but I'm having a chocoholic attack right now. Meiji pure dark chocolate is awesome--as good or better than Hershey's or Mars. However, the only thing that will satsfy me right now is Lotte chocolate covered almonds. 👍 [But may Haagen Daz macadamia nut ice would be a good substitute. :p)

Jacqui

後輩
Reaction score
Ohhhhh.....I LOVE that! Also, the Melty Kiss ones!!! :D

Jhopesstrawberry

𝒜𝒾𝓃𝓉 𝑒𝓋𝒶 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝒶 𝒷𝓇𝑒𝑒𝒹😜
Reaction score
I wonder if Jacqui ever found that candy 😶

mdchachi

Reaction score
In Japan they are frequently coming out with and abandoning new products and flavors so it could have been a short-lived product.

mdchachi

Reaction score
It sounds like it's more like a marshmallow like this but with inside like the Puccho.

1620515586189.png

Top Bottom