What's new

Do you/have you/want to practice a martial art?

Have you practiced any martial art?

• Aikido

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jiu Jitsu

• Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Karate

• Karete-do

• Shotokan Karate

• Kyokushin Karate

• Kung fu

• Wing Chun

• Taekwondo

• Hapkido

• Thai boxing

• Muay Thai

• Jeet Kune Do

• Capoeira

• Sambo

• Krav Maga

• Mixed Martial Arts

• Other...

• None but would like to start...

• Total voters

tenshi696

後輩
3 Mar 2013
Do you/have you practiced a martial art? Why did you start it?
Do you find any martial art appealing to you?
I'm a yellow belt in Judo. Had to stop it, because money ran out.. =/ When I was a kid I've trained Karate, Karate-do and Taekwon do.
I'm fond of: Jiu-Jitsu, Wing chun, Jeet kune do, Krav maga and Aikido but I'm not too sure if I'll start training any one of those in the near future. =[

I used to do Judo as well for 2.5 years when I was 10 or so. I liked it but got tired of going there 3 days a week and stopped.

Would love to practice something here in Japan but same as you, money wise it would be hard and on top of that I do not have enough time for it. Hopefully in the near future I will be able to do something like this again.

Boxing! I've become addicted to it after experiencing it back in Mexico. Although Boxing here in Portugal is quite different. And not as popular (I had to move to be able to practice).

I've also done Karate when I was younger and briefly tried Krav Maga and Judo.

I wouldn't mind trying Muay Thai to complement my (non-existing) boxing fighting skills though.

I have not. I was supposed to enrol in a Kendo school in Manila but I could not find someone who can lend me some gear. It was a bit expensive to get my own gear and i wanted to try out the sport first before committing to buying. Anyway, maybe next year I'll get into krav maga or capoeira.

I started Tai Chi. It was offered at my school and I needed a P.E. credit. It was good once I go there. I just hated practicing outside of class and actually having to go. It started at 7 at night, and I didn't have any classes before then, so it made it a lot harder to go. I was a gymnast for most of my life, so having to learn how to relax and be loose with my movements was the most difficult for me. My teacher was a great instructor though. I don't know if I will go back to it or try something else...

Back
Top Bottom